PDA

View Full Version : DisneyorBust's March getaway! Day 1

DisneyorBust
03-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Who: DisneyorBust, DW and DD's x 2
When: March 14th thru 17th
Why: DD #1's Birthday!
Where: Coronado Springs Resort

Just wanted to share our recent trip to WDW with my friends here on Intercot.
We had gone on a previous trip to celebrate our youngest DD's b-day and now it was our oldest DD's turn for a birthday spent in the most magical place on earth!
We took an afternoon flight to MCO (1st for us). Flight was smooth and we arrived about 10 mins early. We made our way to the ME desk and then on to the ME bus. An odd thing happened at this point: the signage when we got into line stated "Animal Kingdom and CSR" where was our first stop? Pop Century :confused: then we were on our way to CSR.
As we did the on-line check in (very smooth) registration was quick and we were on our way to Casitas bldg #1, this was very close to the main bus stop and El Centro, where the shops and restaurants are located.
As we had not planned for a park today, we explored the resort a bit, the main pool, El Centro and the quiet pool near our room.
We had dinner at the Pepper Market, we found the food to be good but way over priced. $14.95 for a cheese quesadilla and a small bowl of rice! After dinner, we returned to our room and turned in early. Tomorrow we’re off to the Magic Kingdom!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Glad to hear the travel day went well! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip :mickey:

kakn7294
03-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Eric, I didn't realize you had a March trip planned! We crossed paths once again without knowing it. Glad to hear that your travel went well. What did you think of CSR?

dtootsie42
03-21-2009, 01:24 PM
Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip...glad your travel day went so smoothly.

DisneyorBust
03-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi Kathy!
We thought that CSR was a nice resort. Smaller than CBR, though not as colorful. We stayed in the Casitas section, building #1, they have a number of fountains and nice landscaping, very green. The lake was beautiful to look across towards the Ranchos secection and the main pool.
The buses were good too! About 10 minutes to the Magic Kingdom and 7 minutes to Epcot.
The downside to us was the Peppermarket, overpriced as I stated but what was odd was how it 'works' you get seated by a 'server' who gets your drinks and nothing else. From that point it is a chaotic counter service, you choose your food from a number of areas, then they stamp a card that your server had handed to you. When you are finished with your meal you need to tip the 'server' and then proceed to a cashier to check-out with your card.
Nice resort but we like CBR in the moderate catagory.

faline
03-21-2009, 04:07 PM
While I really like Coronado Springs, I am definitely not a fan of the Pepper Market!

You're off to a good start!

pdrlkr
03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
03-23-2009, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
03-23-2009, 09:36 AM
Good report so far. Thanks for sharing

yourmagicalguide
03-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you had a nice traveling day :) It's always nice to get in a little ahead of schedule.

That's strange about the stop at POP :confused: Maybe a large group came in or something...

Can't wait to read more :mickey:

Bethis26fan
03-29-2009, 08:46 AM
thanks for sharing.

sleepingbooty
04-02-2009, 04:44 PM
We are also flying in the afternoon for the first time - usually come in as early as possible. Did you find the ME lines and such to be less?

civilmousefan
04-02-2009, 05:36 PM
I am glad to hear you are having a good start to your trip!!! On two occassions the Pepper Market and their system of selecting your food and paying made for two disappointing experiences during my stay. First, my DW went to get her dinner and was gone for over an hour - I thought she had gotten lost! When I went to look for her she was still waiting in line to order her food. It was an extremely busy time for the Market and they were not prepared or staffed to handle it. Second, the next day I thought I would get a dish of ice cream while my DW waited for me outside. I got my ice cream and proceeded to check out, but got stuck behind a large group at the register and by the time they had collected all their tickets, figured out how they would pay, and finally paid, my ice cream all but melted!

DisneyorBust
04-03-2009, 06:39 PM
Hi sleepingbooty,
We found the lines at ME very short, maybe 5 minutes to check in with ME and about the same amount of time to board the bus.
We didn't have many folks on our buw, possibly half full at most.