PDA

View Full Version : ahhh...spring!

jrkcr
03-20-2009, 08:57 PM
We have had 2 days of Spring weather!! Yesterday and today-so warm and sunny!! We got up to around 70*. :sun:

I didn't wear socks today! DD9 wore flip-flops!
We windexed all the windows and opened them this morning around 9am to let in the fresh air.

I washed the dog outside and DD9 washed down the windows outside. DH and I had a water fight...only it wasn't really warm enough for all that.

So now we have the gas grill out, ready to throw some burgers on. :camp:

(Lets don't talk about the fact that all weekend it is supposed to be cloudy, windy, rainy, and snowing.:()

garymacd
03-20-2009, 09:18 PM
Still below freezing here! Just not quite as cold as it was.

Tinkerfreak
03-20-2009, 09:50 PM
Well it was warmer than it has been and I didn't have to bundle up to go out to the gas grill but 45 is still too cold for flip flops. Believe me I am always one of the first ones to wear them. I turn on the heat in the car as soon as I get in.:blush:

It definately is spring though. The sun has that warmer feeling and even though it is cold outside the sun warms up the inside of the car.

I can see Mt. Washington from my living room and it is still all snow covered and will be for a while.

Briansmom
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
It can't make its mind up here.....one week it was in the seventies....the next week in the twenties with snow at beginning of week then 70 at end of week....then rain and cold all weekend and beginning of week....now in the fifties and lo sixties.....but at least the sun is shining!!:mickey:

50 days till DD graduates from college and 52 days till our trip. I won't care what the weather is then...I will be so excited by those two events!! :cloud9:

Spring is indeed a wonderful thing! :flower:

Marilyn Michetti
03-20-2009, 09:57 PM
SPRING???????? Tomorrow is going to be 91, and we turned on the AC earlier this afternoon. I guess it's all in how you look at it. In a few weeks, 91 will seem like a cold front here in Az.

Happy Spring to all - it officially began at 4:44a.m. today.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I went to a fund raiser tonite & I had on open toe shoes but I had on my winter coat. I need warm weather!

RedSoxFan
03-21-2009, 07:14 AM
Doesn't feel like spring here. Still very cold.

BMan62
03-21-2009, 07:41 AM
20 degrees F here this morning at 7:00am.

Spring can't get here quick enough!!

Breochaid
03-21-2009, 07:56 AM
It was 26 degrees here this morning. :freeze: I had to wait for the ice on my windshield to melt to drive home from work.

MickeyMousse
03-21-2009, 09:33 AM
We had snow yesterday morning. :snowball: .....Happy Spring!!

drummerboy
03-21-2009, 09:42 AM
For the allergy sufferers, the title of this thread could be Ah-CHOO, Spring. :D

Our weather's been a lot like BriansMom has been having--we're in NC, but on the southeast coast. Right now it's chilly and we've got frost warnings for tomorrow morning.

Stitchahula
03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
taking a break from spring cleaning, not that it really feels like spring. It's still a little chilly today. I'm hopeful that warmer weather is coming though.

TheMartellFamily
03-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Saw some Robins flying around yesterday. That is my sure fire way to know that better weather is just around the corner.

Kennywife
03-21-2009, 11:46 AM
It can't decide what it's gonna be here. One day, it's 70 with sunshine, today it's cloudy and cold. :sick:

It'll start getting really pretty here in May, about a month before we leave for DL. :thumbsup:

Anna

Jeff G
03-21-2009, 05:55 PM
We had a high temp yesterday of 32* and picked up two inches of snow last night. Right now it's 59* (feels a lot warmer) and all the snow if melted.

coloradowendyl
03-21-2009, 06:45 PM
We would love some snow here. Nothing for almost a month and a half. It's drier than dry here! 10% humidity and 76 degrees at 4:45 pm here today and all my perennials are coming up! That means...we will get one of our famous late March/April Blizzards and kill everything! We depend on snowpack for summer water in Colorado so I am afraid we are in for a very dry summer here at this rate!

Wendy

buzznwoodysmom
03-21-2009, 06:57 PM
We've been having spring weather here for over a month. At this rate we'll be experiencing summer like weather in a few weeks. We're already running the AC both in the house and in the car. My kids along with the rest of the nieghborhood kids even played in the sprinkler today. Spring is definitely here.

DisneyDog
03-22-2009, 09:59 AM
We had some warm weather in the 70s 2 weeks ago. We walked the dog in Valley Forge National Park and everyone else had the same idea. It cooled off pretty quickly and we were all back to winter coats. It's not too bad now. In the 40s and will probably go into the high 50s later. Spring flowers are starting to pop up and I can see little red things on the trees. It's this time of year when I want to blast "Here comes the sun" by the Beatles. Makes me feel so happy and hopeful about the warmer weather still to come.

Hull-onian
03-22-2009, 04:20 PM
It's been about 31 in the morning. It warmed up to 45, now it is 30 again. We are :freezing: here on the South Shore. But the flowers are coming up, looks nice.

pandkx3
03-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Just got back from Orange Beach, Al. for the kid's spring break ( about a 3 hour drive). Temp was around 78 and I put sunscreen on for the first time this year!

Disney Doll
03-23-2009, 01:02 PM
Yep, it's spring in Oklahoma. We've got a chance for sever weather today.

jrkcr
03-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Friday we grilled out the BEST burgers ever! We sat outside until after dark and it got chilly, so we finally came in and closed down all the doors and sealed the windows.

And by Sunday we had snow, sleet, and couldn't see past our backyard fence it was so overcast and snowy. I doubt it got to 40* yesterday. The wind was howling through the windows, and snow and sleet was blowing sideways from the winds.

But now we are climbing back into SPRING. :flower: Every day this week will be warmer and sunnier than the day before!! They say we'll see 72* by next Saturday!! That is perfect grill weather!!
I'm thinking STEAK. :camp::vacation:

PrettyMinnie
03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Almost 70 on Friday!!! :waycool:

Stitchahula
03-23-2009, 04:35 PM
spring ? Yep both kids have colds. The weather is behaving like a yo-yo can't make up it's mind. Was cooking on the grill yesterday when all of a sudden snow flakes. NOOOOOO I want spring, I want flowers I want green please:flower::sun:. I don't want my boys to be Easter Egg hunting in the snow again:egg: