PDA

View Full Version : Need expert opinions (another crowd question)

Gregandmel
03-20-2009, 06:52 PM
We are planning a visit at the tail-end of September. Avoiding crowds as much as possible is really our goal. We went Oct 5-11 last year and it was a pretty good time to go as far as the crowds. Here's my question. Because it's still the end of September, that's considered the "value season" (cheaper rates) AND the "potential" for free dining is there. Do you feel there is a significant enough difference in the last week of Sept. vs. the 1st week in October when the rates change, and the free dining (if offered) expires? Are the crowds really bad at the tail end of September? Thanks for any advice.

faline
03-20-2009, 07:14 PM
The end of September is a great time to visit! I think you'll be pleased!

PixieMagic
03-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Agreed! After our last trip I wish I were able to go at the end of September this year! You may actually find less crowds due to it being just before the food and wine festival! Our fav time of the year - fantastic weather and hardly anyone there....we waited for rides probably 1 out of every 15...the rest we simply walked right on! :thumbsup:

kathiep
03-21-2009, 08:54 AM
We love the end of September. Barely any wait times; last year we actually walked right on some of the bigger attractions. We just can't do it anymore with the kids in school :(

Disnamic Duo
03-24-2009, 09:12 AM
We went once the last week of September (free dining, 2006) and it was the least crowded time we've ever been. Like you, low crowds is our priority - we always try to go during "off" times. It was great! We walked on, or had 5 min. waits for most rides. The only problem during that time was the heat. It wasn't terrible, but we prefer it to be a little cooler.

Disney Doll
03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
Glad to hear all the positive feedback. We're going the last week of September and we've never been that time before.