PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going in May 2010. Please tell me about that time of year.

threeh
03-20-2009, 10:13 AM
I've been in Sept and started going in the winter.
However my husband may not be able to get time off until May. Just curious who has gone then and how crowded and hot Disney was.
Thanks all:thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
03-20-2009, 11:40 AM
May usually features moderate crowds building as the month goes on and schools begin to release for the summer. High temperatures when we've gone in May have been in the 80's and 90's, and there has been very little rain (even drought conditions on one trip).

faline
03-20-2009, 11:44 AM
May, particularly early May, is a great time to visit Disney World!

PETE FROM NYC
03-20-2009, 11:45 AM
In 1987,I think,we went for our anniversary,last few days in April,beginning of May.
Back then ,Florida residents got their discounts in May ,and THEY ALL CAME AT ONCE.Really, overnight the wait times tripled,and it seemed like the weather,temps went up 20 degrees.
We always tried to go in a slower season,but I don't think any season is too slow any more.

wire0monkey
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
May is a great time to be at WDW.

If you go before schools start letting out for the summer (first two weeks or so), the crowds will be light because most families wait until the kids are out of school to trek to WDW, and Easter break and spring break are over. The lightest crowds I've ever seen were in the first week of May. It's not as hot as late August or early September, but it's hot enough to wear shorts and swim.

You might want to keep an eye out for Grad Nights, and tour opposite them, but that's about it.

Tygger7
03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
May has become our favorite time of year to go to WDW. In fact, we're planning our next trip for May 16-26, 2010. The weather is very nice...hot but low humidity. During our past trips, we never waited in lines longer than 20 minutes...only time we waited longer was for Soarin' and that was 40 mins. Have fun planning!

murphy1
03-20-2009, 06:06 PM
I love May for Disney World!! It is still pretty nice with the Spring (well, with the humidity, but not as bad as Summer). We have gone over Memorial Day and it gets a little hotter, but isn't too bad.

DANAM
03-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Disney in May is wondeful. I much prefered going the first week only because the weather is PERFECT!!!! I swear I didn't sweat once and best of all no rain and no sunburns. Although were from New Olreans so we are used to the humidity. It was cooler at night and breezy in the day time.
When we went last May we waited until our DD got out of school (we where there the week before Memorial we left Disney on Memorial Day) and I felt like it was SO HOT. And it rained almost everyday for at least some part of it.
So if I could I would always go the first week of May.

ryobi88
03-20-2009, 09:39 PM
wife and i have gone 2 times in may [1st week ]and are going again this may 09 it is a great time not to hot crowds not bad at all this is our favorite time to go:thumbsup:

threeh
03-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks all for the info!!:thumbsup: