PDA

View Full Version : ME question...

Dsnygirl
03-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Hey, for all you experienced ME'ers out there... I know that typically, they say to allow 2-3 hours for your luggage to arrive @ your resort. We've never had to wait, as the only times we've used ME, we had carry-ons. But we're thinking of using it in the fall, and have a flight that would arrive at 7pm. We don't mind going on w/o our luggage, we'll bring what we might immed. need in a backpack on the plane... but for an evening flight, should we really not expect our luggage until 10pm or later?? That'd be pretty late for us, to be unpacking and getting the girls to bed., esp. since we'll want to be up and at the parks early the next day.

Anyone have some sage advice for incoming evening flights and using ME??

NotaGeek
03-19-2009, 11:59 PM
When I got to WDW after 7pm my luggage didn't arrive at my room until after 11pm. I did have the option for bell services to hold my luggage until morning to avoid being woken up late.

vicster
03-20-2009, 09:26 AM
You can always pick up your luggage at MCO and take it with you on ME. We've done that and it was no problem and no waiting for our luggage.

Cinderella's Lady in Waiting
03-20-2009, 10:18 AM
You can always pick up your luggage at MCO and take it with you on ME.

We tried that one year and they scooped up our luggage before it came on the conveyor belt circle things. So we reported the luggage as missing and after an hour we all realized they were already on the way to our resort.:blush: We are arriving late again this year and we are not going to put the yellow tags on so they won't scoop them up, but will have them on our carry-on for identification purposes.

faline
03-20-2009, 11:48 AM
We tried that one year and they scooped up our luggage before it came on the conveyor belt circle things. So we reported the luggage as missing and after an hour we all realized they were already on the way to our resort.:blush: We are arriving late again this year and we are not going to put the yellow tags on so they won't scoop them up, but will have them on our carry-on for identification purposes.

Yep - if you put the Magical Express tags on your luggage, they are separated out long before the luggage gets to the conveyer belt. If you want to pick up your luggage and take it with you, leave the Magical Express tags off.

BMan62
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Wasn't it just a short while ago that it was announced that there would be no ME luggage delivery after 10:00 or 10:30 pm? Or was that just for planes arriving after 10:00 or 10:30pm?

In any event, if you need your luggage immediately, or do not want to be disturbed once you are in your room, leave the yellow tags off and pull your own luggage from baggage claim and haul it with you to the ME bus.

Nascfan
03-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Anyone have some sage advice for incoming evening flights and using ME??

Yep, have bell services hold your luggage until the next morning.
Then send Dan down to get it while you and the girls sleep in! :laughing:

Dsnygirl
03-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Yep, have bell services hold your luggage until the next morning.
Then send Dan down to get it while you and the girls sleep in! :laughing:

Scott, you are too funny... I just may do that!! :D

Thanks for the input about pulling the luggage yourself and getting it to the ME buses... that may work, as well. My DH will be bringing his clubs (probably) and although he may be willing to part with them for the plane ride and even for ME to pick them up, I know he wouldn't want them unaccounted for overnight. :blush: