PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at POLY with a Garden View Room?

lala71474
03-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Just wondering...is it nice? First time at the POLY. Do you think I should upgrade? Lagoon View is soooooo expensive. Thoughts/Advice?

moe513
03-19-2009, 04:35 PM
We had a parking lot view once but the other time we stayed in Figi we had a view of the Poly marina and then if we looked off to the side we could see the Contemparary with the monarail going thru. We also could see the electric light parade

diz_girl
03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
We had a Garden View room in Tokelau two years ago and actually had a partial view of the lagoon. We could see the CR and if we leaned a little over the balcony we ccould also see SM.

But pretty much every room at the Poly has a nice view. If not, then they'd probably have a 'Standard View' category too. I remember as a kid we had a view of the monorail, which I loved.

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 05:29 PM
After staying at the Poly for many years we have done everything from garden to lagoon to concierge...really - just go garden - it's not worth the extra money. The room is gorgeous no matter what - you can request a building that isn't near the parking lot (just look up tikiman's website and pick the buildings you'd like) we've never had a problem...and truly everywhere at the Poly is magical!!! Have fun! I am super jealous!:cloud9::thumbsup:

Jeff
03-19-2009, 05:39 PM
As long as you don't have a parking lot overlook the views are great. We have stayed several times with a view overlooking the quite pool. It was very nice.

SBETigg
03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
We were in Rarotonga facing the quiet pool. Not lagoon, but lovely view. Anywhere at the Poly is a close walk to the beach, so even though a lagoon view is nice, it's not necessary.

antnyh
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree with everything above. We love the Poly and any view is pretty nice regardless. Besides it is the Poly....enjoy!!

Donald's Girl
03-20-2009, 12:08 AM
I agree with everyone else. There are really very few rooms that would only allow for a true parking lot view. The grounds are so lush and full, most of the parking lot seems to be obscured.

Tinkerfreak
03-20-2009, 07:32 AM
We stayed in Tokelau and loved it. We were right next to the quiet pool, and the t&t center was not far away and neither was the main house, bus stop or laundry. We loved that the rooms in this building all had full balconies.

DawsonAR
03-20-2009, 09:48 AM
We had GVCL and it was nice. lagoon view is awesome, however, we enjoyed the GV too.

threeh
03-20-2009, 10:20 AM
We also stayed in Tokelau and had a garden view with a sideways castle view. I do think the garden views are lovely. We have stayed in lagoon view and I did enjoy it but I am just happy to be at the Poly. If a garden view is what you need to be able to stay there, it isn't a bad trade off!!
Happy Planning:mickey:

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:59 PM
garden view is pretty and cheaper. just don't get the parking lot:mickey::mickey: view.

mickeefan
03-20-2009, 05:03 PM
We have stayed GV several times. Once in Rarotonga with a view of the quiet pool. Once in Figi with a partial view of the lagoon and the GF. Twice in our favorite which is Samoa. On one side is the quiet pool and on the other is the volcano pool. We were never bothered by noise and the proximity to Capt. Cooks and the GCH was great.
We love eating at Kona Cafe.
Your going to love it there wherever you stay.
Now, I just can't wait for September to roll around.
If you go to my home page I have posted over 100 Poly pictures.

DisneyOtaku
03-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Out of all the Disney hotels I have stayed at, the Poly is by far my favorite. There's a slight chance of you getting a parking lot view, BUT most of them do have quite the view.

You are going to love it :-)

Tinkerfreak
03-20-2009, 09:07 PM
I just visited Tikimans site and I read that it will be closing down in a few weeks. Anyone else hear about this? I guess I better get all the info I can right now. I used that site to decide on what longhouse for my last Poly stay and it was great.

Aggie97
03-20-2009, 11:11 PM
We've stayed in Garden View rooms at the Polynesian several times and have always loved them. Have a great time! :mickey:

kathiep
03-21-2009, 08:41 AM
In September, our Garden view room on Tuvalu was beautiful. Directly in front of us was a garden area next to the adjacent building. To the left, we could see a small part of the marina and to the right, we got the monorail and beginning of the beach area.

threeh
03-21-2009, 10:38 AM
If you go to my home page I have posted over 100 Poly pictures.
Your pictures are great. I love the sunset one of the beach. I want to go back to the Poly right now!!!

I just visited Tikimans site and I read that it will be closing down in a few weeks. Anyone else hear about this?
I had heard he was closing up shop. I bet he has something up else up his sleeve tho.;) Tikiman's site has been so wonderful!!