PDA

View Full Version : Putt Putt golf choices

homeschool mom
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
We have been to WDW several times, but have never taken advantage of any of the putt putt gold courses. We are a family that loves the parks and we are content to spend our entire vacation there.
DH and I will be travelling alone next month and I'm thinking a round of putt putt may be enjoyable.
Can you tell me the best course to try and where it is located?
Thanks!

disneymom15
03-19-2009, 02:14 PM
I like the Fantasia Gardens course. It's near the Swan and Dolphin. Fantasia Gardens has 2 different courses to pick from.

Tick-Tock
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
We've only done Fantasia Gardens. The other choice is Winter Summerland, which is next to Blizzard Beach.

I primarily remember being at FG (entirely coincidentally) at the right time to catch flashes of Fantasmic! on one side of us and flashes of Illuminations on the other. Even without that surprise, it was an enjoyable interlude.

tys_mommy
03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
We did both last April when we visited. I really liked the fun themes at Winter Summerland but surprisingly when I asked DS10 about mini-golfing next year he said he wanted to go back to Fantasia Gardens. Both were a lot of fun. As others have said FG is near the Swan - across the street from Hollywood Studios - we saw the Fantasmic fireworks while we golfed. Winter Summerland is near Blizzard Beach so closer to the All-Star hotels.

bouncer
03-19-2009, 06:22 PM
What do you do for transportation to get to the putt putt courses?

Maleficent's Dad
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Fantasia Gardens and Fantasia Fairways are across the street from the Dolphin.

Fantasia Gardens is more of a mini-golf experience, with lots of Disney theming.

Fantasia Fairways is a significantly more challenging course that is anything but the typical putt putt outing.

Winter Summerland is adjacent to Blizzard Beach - very Disney themed type of putt putt.

What do you do for transportation to get to the putt putt courses?
Both Fantasia courses, take the bus/water taxi or drive to the EPCOT resorts - head for the Dolphin resort and it's directly across the street.

For Winter Summerland, head to Blizzard Beach (most AK buses leaving from the resorts make a stop there).

GoofyGirl18
03-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Fantasia Gardens is great. The Fairways course can be very frustrating, though. We usually take a bus to the Boardwalk Resort & walk from there.

Janmac
03-20-2009, 11:39 PM
We did Fantasia - the themed course, not the Fairways course - back in - '78 I think it was. As Frank says, the Fairways course is not your typical putt putt. It's more like serious golfer putting green practice. We had to ask repeatedly to find our way to the Fantasia courses. We enjoyed the theming which is based on Fantasia, the first movie.

We did Winter/Summerland - both courses in 2001 and the Winter course again in 2008. The theming here is over the top with many sight gags everywhere you look - lots of great photo ops. It's hard to putt under par when you're busting up laughing. We had a much easier time getting to Winter/Summerland - it's right beside Blizzard Beach, as already mentioned. From the bus stops you walk on past the entrance to the water park.

Winter/Summerland stays open fairly late. I'm not sure there is bus transportation once Blizzard Beach closes.

Jan