PDA

View Full Version : Internet Access

Scar
03-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Is there a place on the ship (or at Castaway Cay) where I could have internet access for just a few minutes? A printer would be nice but not absolutely necessary.

DisneyFr33k
03-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Yes, Deck 3 between Parrot Cay and the Promenade Lounge - it's called the Internet Cafe. They have several computers and a printer. You can pay by the minute or buy a block of bundled minutes. Be careful if you are trying to log in at a certain time. I was trying to log in to Southwest to register for our flight the next day (we wanted group A since we had small kids). My login name wasn't working and it took me a good bit of extra time to figure it out before being able to access the internet. So plan accordingly - maybe try being able to log in a day before you need to. They provide an instruction sheet there on what to do and a cast member isn't far away.

DizneyRox
03-19-2009, 01:20 PM
I found the Internet Cafe to be packed solid my entire trip.

If' you're looking to do an online check-in, it might be better to have someone at home log in and do it for you. When you get to the airport, reprint it.

DisneyFr33k
03-19-2009, 01:25 PM
I found the Internet Cafe to be packed solid my entire trip.

If' you're looking to do an online check-in, it might be better to have someone at home log in and do it for you. When you get to the airport, reprint it.

The best time to go, is while docked at Castaway Cay. I snuck back to the ship about 30 minutes before I needed to log in and there was only 1 person there. I know it takes time from being away on the island, but it didn't take long. But, if you have someone reliable to log in at home, that is another good option. That is, if this is why you are needing to log in.

Scar
03-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Be careful if you are trying to log in at a certain time. I was trying to log in to Southwest to register for our flight the next day (we wanted group A since we had small kids). My login name wasn't working and it took me a good bit of extra time to figure it out before being able to access the internet. So plan accordingly - maybe try being able to log in a day before you need to.Thanks.

Was your problem with Southwest, with your password, or with the computers on the ship? My session is not for check in, it is for something that I have to do every week, and I've been doing it for several months now with no problem.

I can do it as early as 7:00 AM and I’m an early riser so hopefully it won’t be too crowded then.

DisneyFr33k
03-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks.

Was your problem with Southwest, with your password, or with the computers on the ship? My session is not for check in, it is for something that I have to do every week, and I've been doing it for several months now with no problem.

I can do it as early as 7:00 AM and I’m an early riser so hopefully it won’t be too crowded then.

It was the password to access the internet on the ship. You enter your cabin number and the your first initial of your first name followed by your last name. In my case, my daughter has the same first initial as mine. So I had to enter the first 2 initials of my first name, then last name. It took me a while to figure it out, and guest services was just down the hall on the same deck. They helped as well. Good luck! I am sure you won't have trouble finding a computer when you need it. Getting up early is a good idea. Have fun!!

DonnaT103
03-21-2009, 06:38 PM
I had my laptop with me when we cruised in January and was able to logging from my statroom. It is very pricey (75 cents a minute), but I could do my check in. They charge your time dicectly to your account.

Scar
04-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Just got back and wanted to say I was able to do what I needed to do. Internet Cafe was empty at 8:00 AM, needed to go to guest services to get instructions. $0.75 / min and $0.25 for 1 printed page. $5.25 for 7 minutes.

dmosher
04-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Yep, it's not cheap, but if you really need to check something or confirm your flight, it's worth it.
:pipes:
D

TammiMcMan
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the follow up Scar. I enjoyed getting up early, grabbing some coffee and then going to the computer to check up on e-mails. Never had a problem in the mornings either.

shellyc
04-12-2009, 07:20 PM
The internet cafe was crowded as we were leaving Castaway Cay and we lost the signal.
I went to guest services and filed a lost minute complaint form. The Mgr called me in the stateroom and reinstated the lost minutes (10). I had previously purchased a bundle for my 7 night cruise. I then went on later and checked in for my JetBlue flight and printed the boarding passes @ $.25 per page.
I know I didn't have to print the pages, but I did anyway.

JMTStone
04-15-2009, 06:14 AM
Please don't tell my boss or my teenage daughter that this is available. Aside from printing boarding passes, I don't want to talk to the outside world.

My handy-dandy INTERCOT clock says 34 days until our next vacation!!!! Woo hoo!