PDA

View Full Version : How do we get.....

DisneyFr33k
03-19-2009, 10:08 AM
from Walt Disney World to the Disney Cruise?

Is there transportation or do we go back to the airport?

What about our luggage? If we have to go to another resort to catch transportation, how will it get there?

What happens to all our luggage once we arrive at the port? Do we have to lug in all on the boat and then wait with it until our cabin is ready?

We've been to both WDW for a week and then the cruise for a week, but want to do a 4 & 3 combo this fall and need advice on how to manuver there.

Thanks!

vicster
03-19-2009, 12:08 PM
The Disney Cruise Line provides buses to the resorts.

DisneyFr33k
03-19-2009, 01:05 PM
The Disney Cruise Line provides buses to the resorts.

We will be flying in to Orlando and taking the Magical Express from the airport to Disney World and staying there for 5 days. Then we want to get from the World to the Port. How would I be able to do that?

DisneyWhirled
03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
We will be flying in to Orlando and taking the Magical Express from the airport to Disney World and staying there for 5 days. Then we want to get from the World to the Port. How would I be able to do that?

There are a few things you can do:

You can book Disney Transfers. It is 79rt/pp. They pick up at a handful of Disney Resorts (sorry, I don't have the list right now).

You can rent your own car. The shuttle would come get you, bring you to their facility to get the car and then you drop it off at the Port. You have to make sure that the company you use has a drop off at the port.

You can hire a towncar/limo. This is what we did. It is about the same price as the Disney transfers, but we named the time we wanted to be picked up and there will not be other guests to get.

At the port, you check your bags, and board when you are able. Your bags meet you in your room a little later in the day.

I hope this helps!!

Piglet822
03-19-2009, 10:08 PM
Unless it's changed since I drove the DCL buses the DCL resorts include:

POR
POFQ
CBR
Beach Club
Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge (this might be only for DVC members)
Polynesian
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Animal Kingdom Park

(not sure if I missed any)

And for DVC members, transportation can be arranged if you are staying at your Home Away From Home.

DisneyFr33k
03-20-2009, 09:46 AM
Unless it's changed since I drove the DCL buses the DCL resorts include:

POR
POFQ
CBR
Beach Club
Grand Floridian
Wilderness Lodge (this might be only for DVC members)
Polynesian
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Animal Kingdom Park

(not sure if I missed any)

And for DVC members, transportation can be arranged if you are staying at your Home Away From Home.

Thanks! We are staying at POP. How would we get our luggage over to Animal Kingdom Lodge?

Piglet822
03-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Taxi =)

But if you're staying at Pop Century, CBR is right there. Why not look into catching the bus from there?
Don't forget to contact DCL about arranging and paying for your transfers.

DisneyFr33k
03-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Taxi =)

But if you're staying at Pop Century, CBR is right there. Why not look into catching the bus from there?
Don't forget to contact DCL about arranging and paying for your transfers.

Sorry, not up on all the abbreviations - CBR is what?

Hope0277
03-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Caribbean Beach Resort :mickey:

DisneyFr33k
03-21-2009, 03:02 PM
Do they assign a pick up time? How much would a cab cost? There will be 4 of us and a lot of luggage.

I remember Disny Cruise busses picking up a values years ago - too bad no more....

DonnaT103
03-21-2009, 06:49 PM
We did the 4 night land, 3 night cruise in January and everything was arranged for us. They picked up our luggage in our room on the morning of the cruise, we went to Animal Kingdon for the morning, caught the bus to the ship and when we got to our stateroom our luggage was already there.

ElenitaB
03-21-2009, 08:34 PM
As Jeanne said, DCL will pick up from the list of resorts she mentioned and at DVC resorts for DVC members. If you are staying at one of the resorts, your luggage will be picked up in the morning and you won't see it again until it's delivered to the hall outside your stateroom. You can either take a bus from the resort, or if you arrange it with DCL, can be picked up from Animal Kingdom. It's very convenient but the downside is that the busses tend to leave a bit on the later side. It's never really bothered us though, and have still had adequate time to have a leisurely lunch and then make our way to our stateroom. The upside of going with DCL is that even if there is a problem getting to port (which is unlikely but can happen), they won't leave you stranded.

You can also arrange for car service from WDW to port. You can contact Quicksilver (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/), an INTERCOT sponsor, directly to see how much they would charge for your party.

DisneyFr33k
03-23-2009, 10:07 AM
We've already booked a 4 night package with a discounted pin I received via e-mail. We just cruised last month and got the $99 deal that is good to open up early April. This won't be a 4/3 deal as they are separate - would Disney still transfer luggage? I know, I'm making this complicated, aren't I?!

Donald_Quackers
03-23-2009, 04:44 PM
Disney will still transport your luggage, even if you're not on any package.

In my case, I was adding days after the cruise, and flying in the day before. I stayed in the airport Hyatt, where they picked up my bags from my room and took them to the ship, while I got a DCL bus from the airport.

On the way back, they loaded my luggage on the bus to the resort. I'm not sure if that's how yours will be transported to the ship or not.

Depending on the distance, a taxi might run $10 to $15, depending. I'm sure someone will jump on to provide more information on that.