PDA

View Full Version : May trip???

Disney Buff
03-19-2009, 09:19 AM
We are planning to visit WDW 16th-22nd of May. Wondering about crowds so close to Memorial Day weekend. I have never been to DW in May near Memorial Day. I know that weekend is also Star Wars Weekend but we will actually be leaving on the 22nd. So do you think the days prior to that weekend will be manageable? What do you think? Thnx for your input.

faline
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Disney World does start getting busier towards the end of May as local schools begin to release for the summer. Still, we have been there around this time and even through the holiday and found the crowds to be quite manageable.

sillyolbear
03-19-2009, 09:38 AM
We've been in this timeframe before and not experienced terrible crowds. It will gradually pick up as you get towards the 22nd.

We're there the 17th-the 20th, so at least a few folks are praying for good weather and manageable crowds.

wifey5794
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
I think it is a great time to go. Not super hot yet, and the local schools are still in session. The only drawback we had was a lot of the local schools had Grad Nights and that would impact the parks.

faline
03-19-2009, 10:29 AM
I've been there during grad nights and never noticed an impact on the daytime park operations.

This year, I believe, all grad nights are taking place in the month of April.

PrettyMinnie
03-19-2009, 11:36 AM
We will be there ON Memorial Day (out of my control) and are expecting very heavy crowds. But with the right attitude and a solid plan I think we can manage. So I'm sure you will be fine. After all crowds are just part of the experience. Good luck!

SteveL
03-20-2009, 11:27 PM
We have been there over Memorial Day and didn't find the crowds to be huge.
it's great time to go so we're heading back May 17 - May 27 with our oldest son and his family.

Love of Disney
03-21-2009, 12:01 AM
We've been in this timeframe before and not experienced terrible crowds. It will gradually pick up as you get towards the 22nd.

We're there the 17th-the 20th, so at least a few folks are praying for good weather and manageable crowds.

We are there May 14 - 21 so I'll be praying with you for the good weather and manageable crowds!!
:cool:

JRocker
03-21-2009, 06:43 AM
That time frame is probably my favorite time of year to go.

We have been going that last week of May on into the first week of June (our visits are typically 14 days). The last week of May, the crowds are quite bearable. To be honest, I haven't seen a dramatic increase in the crowds on the Memorial day weekend. The crowds seem to pick up towards the end of the first week of June.

Compared to February, the parks are busy. Compared to August, the parks are not crowded at all.