PDA

View Full Version : How long should we wait?

disneyboundagain
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM
We are 99.9% sure that we are going to go to DW again this Dec. I want to wait to see if they offer any specials for Dec, but not having the countdown is driving me nuts. I know Dec is a long way away, but we usually have our reservations by now. How long should I wait before making the reservations? How far in advance do they typically anounce specials? I know they normally don't have specials in Dec, but I think this year may be different.

Disney Doll
03-19-2009, 07:15 AM
I would book now through Magical Journeys and let them keep watch for deals. If something better comes along they will contcat you about rebooking.

CanadianWDWFan
03-19-2009, 07:59 AM
I agree, book now. Maybe just book a room only reservation. You can always change it to a package if you need to. At the very least this will reserve you a room.

kakn7294
03-19-2009, 09:13 AM
I third the suggestion of booking now. MJ does not charge you for their services and they do a fantastic job of watching for discounts and applying them to your reservation.

DisneyFr33k
03-19-2009, 10:04 AM
I just booked with my travel agent for October and I asked her the same thing. She said we can always keep things as they are and apply any new deal they may offer. So book now and keep your fingers crossed! :fingers:

j&j
03-19-2009, 02:09 PM
book now you can always change your rate later when you find a better rate. just remember when you see that rate call right away. you can also call weekly to see if there are any specials.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-20-2009, 11:15 PM
I agree with booking with MJ. If there aren't any good bargains and you decide not to go you can cancel a certain amount of time ahead of the trip without penalty.
They'll watch the specials and apply them for you automatically.

disneyboundagain
03-21-2009, 01:06 PM
I received a quote from MJ, but they can not give me a AAA discount. So, if I book with AAA, I know I can get a 10% discount. If I book with MJ, and no specials are offered, it will end up costing me more. Everyone books thru MJ, so what am I missing?

iheartdisney
03-21-2009, 02:26 PM
I received a quote from MJ, but they can not give me a AAA discount. So, if I book with AAA, I know I can get a 10% discount. If I book with MJ, and no specials are offered, it will end up costing me more. Everyone books thru MJ, so what am I missing?

We have AAA, as well but have always booked through MJ....well, since we discovered them, at least. I can honestly say we've saved thousands of dollars booking with MJ. Whenever a deal pops up, MJ just applies it to your reservation. They are very easy to work with and once you've made your reservation you can sit back and relax, knowing that if a better deal comes up it will automatically be applied to your reservation. You can't say that about AAA.

wendy*darling
03-21-2009, 10:05 PM
We book all our non-DVC trips with MJ, and always get our AAA discount through them.
Perhaps it's just your dates that do not have a AAA discount available?

joonyer
03-21-2009, 11:25 PM
We're AAA members and we always book through Magical Journeys, too. And YES they can apply the AAA discount to your reservation. No, MJ can't apply a AAA discount on top of or in conjunction with another discount, (which most of the time will be better than AAA) but I don't think you can't do that booking through AAA either.

I say, book now with MJ, all the way, with or without AAA! :number1:

disneyboundagain
03-22-2009, 12:18 AM
We book all our non-DVC trips with MJ, and always get our AAA discount through them.
Perhaps it's just your dates that do not have a AAA discount available?

We have gone the same week for the past 5 trips. The AAA discount has been 10% every time. I understand that something may have changed this year, but I think it is unlikely.

Quote directly from MJ email "I cannot book AAA packages as we are not a AAA agency."

I asked for a room and park admission package only. No air, no car rental, nothing but room and tickets.

coloradowendyl
03-22-2009, 10:07 AM
Hi,
Magical Journeys may apply a AAA discount to a room only reservation directly through Disney. With Magic Your Way packages, due to the terms of AAA's contract with Disney, the discount may only be applied to package reservations made by AAA agents.

Tickets may be added as Keys to the World tickets on any AAA room only reservation, however, Magic Your Way packages with a AAA discount may only be booked through AAA.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Wendy

disneyboundagain
03-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi,
Magical Journeys may apply a AAA discount to a room only reservation directly through Disney. With Magic Your Way packages, due to the terms of AAA's contract with Disney, the discount may only be applied to package reservations made by AAA agents.

Tickets may be added as Keys to the World tickets on any AAA room only reservation, however, Magic Your Way packages with a AAA discount may only be booked through AAA.

Hope this clears up any confusion.
Wendy

Thanks Wendy! I was hoping someone from MJ would jump in and clear things up.

wendy*darling
03-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Glad to see Wendy answered your question.

I apologize- I had no idea you were trying to book a package. We book room-only through MJ (we have APs), so I was not thinking you might be referring to a package.