PDA

View Full Version : Beir Garten at Epcot

Townie
03-18-2009, 09:57 PM
I have diining ressies here and wondering how it is?:mickey:

SBETigg
03-18-2009, 10:05 PM
It's fun. There's an oompah band and a convivial atmosphere. You're seated at tables of eight, with other guests if you have a smaller party. It's a good chance to get to know other people. The atmosphere is really neat, like a Bavarian village at night. The food is not my favorite, but it's a buffet so there's usually something to like. It's heavy food, very sausage-centric. If you like that kind of thing you'll love it. If not, you'll probably still have a good time and a decent meal. I love the Black Forest Cake.

Luthien Tinuviel
03-18-2009, 10:57 PM
It's YUMMY!!

razor5002000
03-18-2009, 11:54 PM
The food here is very good. Well stocked buffett. The show is very entertaing try to plan to get around the shows. Bon Apettite

moe513
03-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Fun place but horrible food. We go back because of the atmsphere.

hlkeck
03-19-2009, 07:19 AM
We loved it. Didn't think we'd ever get to go until our children could go off on their own, but they had tried and liked a local german restaurant, so we decided to give a shot. They had a blast - danced with the band and other kids and probably ate more here than any other meal!

That said, I thought the food was just okay - but everyone else liked it. Because you sit at long tables with other folks, we met a lovely family from Scotland and had a chance to talk with them for awhile because the kids were so occupied with the atmosphere. It was a great evening!

kakn7294
03-19-2009, 09:00 AM
If you like German foods heavy on the sausages, cabbage, and potatoes, you'll love the food here. The atmosphere is great and the band is a lot of fun. We really enjoyed our meal here and plan to go again at some point.

kathiep
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
This is a must do for us on every trip. Everyone finds something they enjoy and the atmosphere is terrific.

TiggerD
03-19-2009, 03:08 PM
We ate at the Biergarten two years ago and it was awesome. The food was good, the beer as well and I like the fact you sit at tables with people you do not know and make new friends from all over the world. The entertainment is fun and when we go back this Sept, we plan to eat there again.:mickey:

Natazu
03-19-2009, 03:41 PM
It's fun. There's an oompah band and a convivial atmosphere. You're seated at tables of eight, with other guests if you have a smaller party. It's a good chance to get to know other people. The atmosphere is really neat, like a Bavarian village at night. The food is not my favorite, but it's a buffet so there's usually something to like. It's heavy food, very sausage-centric. If you like that kind of thing you'll love it. If not, you'll probably still have a good time and a decent meal. I love the Black Forest Cake.
I agree 100% (although I had to look up "convivial")

drummerboy
03-19-2009, 03:54 PM
DW and I both play in an oompah band for fun, so it's especially fun for us to do the bier garten, since we can sing along with the songs. We've even been known to try a little dancing.

I'm not the biggest fan of German fest food, but I'd say what they have is as good as or better than the best we've been fed when playing Oktoberfests.

Hull-onian
03-19-2009, 04:07 PM
I have diining ressies here and wondering how it is?:mickey:

First of all "Townie" is a perfect name for you. Not to get off topic, but I used to go to Gate of Heaven Church in Southie, and go swimming at Carson Beach. Sorry folks, just had to get my :twocents: in.

Anyways, I am going to the Biergarten for the first time solo, and I think it is going to be fun. DH is going to Mexico, but we can have Mexican anytime we want. I am looking forward to going to Germany.:tasty:

pamickeys
03-19-2009, 06:20 PM
it's a GERMAN OCTOBERFEST MENU. I don't know what people expect, but the food is excellent, always run out of room before we get to the deserts, and they are wonderful.

rubato
03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
The food isn't great, but it's not horrible. I've been to Germany twice now and the food at the Biergarten isn't that good. But, it is german. The beer is fantastic! And the atmosphere is really fun. The first time we went, we were seated with some really fun people. When we went last year, they were very judgmental of my one beer and gave me strange looks during the whole meal. It was just one beer people! Of course, it's a VERY large beer, but still!;)

SBETigg
03-20-2009, 09:56 AM
The food isn't great, but it's not horrible. I've been to Germany twice now and the food at the Biergarten isn't that good. But, it is german. The beer is fantastic! And the atmosphere is really fun. The first time we went, we were seated with some really fun people. When we went last year, they were very judgmental of my one beer and gave me strange looks during the whole meal. It was just one beer people! Of course, it's a VERY large beer, but still!;)

Hey, you were at the Biergarten. What did they expect? ;) I'm glad you enjoyed it.

kathiep
03-21-2009, 08:44 AM
The same thing happened to us last year. DH & I were the only adults at out table to order beers and I swear we got looks all night long. We didn't let it ruin our fun though.

mudpuppysmom
03-21-2009, 03:48 PM
We gave this one a try a few years ago and now we pretty much go every trip!

DS#1 very much enjoys himself when we go......he eats a little here and there and then begs me to dance with him when they play polkas.

Yes, it is a bit strange the first time you go and if you do not have 8 ppl in your party you might sit with another family, but if you get a friendly family (which we have had and also not had), it's interesting and fun! [once we had a family sitting with us that I tried to talk to several times and no one uttered a sound -- they would just look at me like a deer in the headlights!]

It's a fun place for the young and the young at heart (and the old too). Granted the food is not super duper gourmet, but I don't think of German food as gourmet either.

It's decent food and a fun time!

Tez
03-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Biergarten is a great time. The buffet has something for everyone. You do sit at a table with other families if your group is small. Lots of fun singing and toasting with the BIG liter beer mugs, if youa re so inclined! The polka band is fun to watch. This place amazes me everytime I go there. You really feel like you are in a little village square somewhere in Germany!

Love of Disney
03-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Sounds like a GREAT time!! Can't wait to go in May!!
:cool::beer: