PDA

View Full Version : Doing a Grand Gathering what activity do you....

goofysbabe
03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Doing a Grand Gathering in Oct. which activity should we do

Good Morning Gathering @ MK
International Dinner @ Epcot
Magical Fireworks Voyages
Safari Celebration @ AK

Let me know your thoughts & comments!

PrettyMinnie
03-18-2009, 03:41 PM
We would probably do the International Dinner @ Epcot. I am also trying to plan a large party trip (still in the very early stages) but the dinner sounds easy enough and could appeal to most of the people in your party. Good luck with your planning! :minnie:

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 02:04 PM
International Dinner for sure - however if you want another fun group activity - def go with the Segway tour of epcot...they accommodate a lot and it's so much fun for people of all ages...plus the feeling of getting into the park early and going on a private tour of the world pavilion is amazing :o) :twocents:

ShanPooh
03-21-2009, 10:15 PM
We really enjoyed the Good Morning Gathering. Everyone in our group had fun. Nice character picture and Tony is a great host. The kids were excited about getting a pin. We showed the pin at the beginning of the line and were able to get into use the Fastpass line into Mickey's Philharmagic :thumbsup:

The safari on the Safari Celebration was neat, but the dinner was crazy, crazy all over the place chaos!!! :( Alas, won't do that again!

We didn't do the Fireworks or International Dinner but other people in our group had good things to say about it.

j&j
03-22-2009, 08:36 AM
don;t know how many you will have but did you know you can have dessert or a meal at a special area in ecpot and mk. that is very nice and a real treat.

cgriff
03-22-2009, 10:32 AM
We did the AK Safari Celebration grand gathering and thought it was great, and the dinner was fabulous! Yes, there were a lot of people there (grand gatherings = big groups), but our group (of 18) all sat together at one long table, and we didn't seem to experience the same chaos as the ShanPooh was describing. And we all really liked the food, even our finnicky eater (every family has one, right?).

Have fun, whatever you decide to do!

javamama
03-22-2009, 10:50 PM
We didn't do anything last year, but that was only because no one at WDW reservations told me about it. So I was upset that everything was booked then for our stay, they ended up throwing in a few "sorry" gifts, and we sat/stood I should say at the Morocco boat launch for Illuminations in the VIP area. This year I didn't book anything either, w/my kids being 2 and 5 it's hard to decide what to do, and you can only do so many character breakfasts in one trip.

Hayden's Dad
03-23-2009, 10:41 AM
I really like the Good Mornign Gathering at Tony's. Food was good, great characters and Tony was awesome. I would od this again in a heartbeat. :mickey: