PDA

View Full Version : Sweet Tomatoes Restaurant

buzz2001
03-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Good news for those near Disney and who like Sweet Tomatoes restaurants. There’s one coming to the Crossroads Shopping Center near Downtown Disney.

If you’ve never been to a Sweet Tomatoes, it’s sort of a soup, salad and bakery buffet. You start at a huge salad bar, then after paying and being getting your table, you head to the hot bar for pasta, breads, potatoes and many kinds of soup. Then top it off with a trip to the dessert bar.

I don’t know the opening date, but from the looks of the building, it’s a month or two away. It’s a new building in the back of the plaza near the mini-golf. This is Sweet Tomatoes’ second location in the Orlando tourist area. The first one is located near Universal on the corner of Kirkman Road and International Drive.

mudpuppysmom
03-18-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm happy about this!! I hate to drive "all the way out there" normally!

baby minnie's mommy
03-18-2009, 03:07 PM
We have one here and really like it! It's a great healthier alternative to eat at. Ours has frozen yogurt rather than ice cream, too. :thumbsup: We enjoy steak-n-potato meals, but not every meal. Glad to see they're adding this for people dining in that area.

Hull-onian
03-18-2009, 06:59 PM
That is so amazing, I was speaking with my boss Bernie, and she asked me if I have ever heard of Sweet Tomatoes. This is great, we will be in Orlando in May, maybe, we can check it out. Something new to look forward to. That's great.:thumbsup:

LoriSan
03-19-2009, 02:21 PM
:party: I LOVE that place!!

artyboy
03-19-2009, 02:56 PM
That's great to know. We LOVED Sweet Tomatoes when we lived in Miami.