PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo seating

homeschool mom
03-18-2009, 05:52 AM
We will be celebrating our anniv. when we go to WDW in April. I have made ressies for Hoop Dee Doo to surprise DH. :secret: My question: Is there a lot of difference in the tiers? I reserved tier 3, but now I'm wondering if I should change it to tier 2. Where have you sat when you've gone, and were all the tables comparable as far as view is concerned.

Also, is flash photography allowed during the show?

Thanks!

gerald72
03-18-2009, 07:00 AM
My table was in the front, right in the center, actually touching the stage. I picked the late show, so that I could have category one with the DDP.
The view of the stage was obviously good, but there is a lot of action all around the room that you can see from anywhere.
We might have even been too close; I noticed a pink feather from one of the boas land in our water pitcher and the occasional spit from Six Bits fly through the air.

DizneyRox
03-18-2009, 07:18 AM
I think Tier 3 is balcony and MAYBE even way in the back on the first floor. Honestly, I've been all over that theater and never had a bad seat. I actually like the balcony as you are right up against the railing with no people in your view. THe floor doesn't have stadium seating so a seat in the back would force you to look over people.

But, not a bad seat in the house. If you're paying OOP, I wouldn't change. If you're on the dining plan, opt for a tier 2 maybe.

homeschool mom
03-18-2009, 07:24 AM
Thanks. You've both been very helpful. :mickey:

MMFreak
03-18-2009, 01:10 PM
We sat up in the balcony and I liked these seats. unabstructed view and the actors still see you up there. My son was spotlighted when a loud burp sound was made. :mickey:

jrkcr
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
We also had great balcony seats! Perfect view to see all the action!!

DD8 rang the dinner bell, announcing that dinner was ready and was given a certificate for being a helper. And during the dinner show,she had a spotlight put on her a few times- she was a birthday girl, and also cause they were trying to set her up with a 9 year old boy down a few tables. :funny:

Have a great time!!
(I'm trying to not be jealous) ;)

Hull-onian
03-18-2009, 07:02 PM
There are no bad seats at HDDR.:mickey:

DisneyBabies
03-19-2009, 09:26 AM
We were just there a few weeks ago and LOVED the show! We had category 2 tickets, and we were seated front and center of the stage on the balcony. I really wasn't sure about being upstairs at first, but the view and interaction was great! And the show was so funny my DS literally made himself sick :blush:. He was laughing so hard he started coughing and couldn't stop and then . . . :ack:. We obviously left, but he got so upset because he wanted to see the rest of the show, so I told him it was almost over anyway since they were about to serve dessert and he said ok, but next time we have to stay for the whole show :D. When we take DD for her trip in two years, I really hope we get on the balcony again.

kemps@wdw
03-19-2009, 11:30 PM
In the past, we have always gone w/a large party (8 or more), and they sat us at a large table in the center, very close to the stage. We have also sat a little farther back, and have been seated in the upper level. All have had wonderful views. However, the upper level offered us a completely unobstructed view of the stage and the lower dining area. And as the "players" work their way around the diners, they do not neglect the upper level. When you make your ressies, you can kinda give your preferred area. Be sure to let them know of any restrictions(on our last trip a somewhat large man tumble down the stairs). But, they'll pretty well seat you where they want. Also let them know of your special occasion. DH and I have done "the anniversary dance" every Oct. And ask the "players" about getting your DH "in the show". My DH was "Davey's angel" and I cannot remember a time when we have laughed so hard!

TheRustyScupper
03-20-2009, 10:29 AM
1) The rears of upstairs and downstairs is Tier-2
2) Tier-3 is upstairs along the sides and up to the stage wall.
3) Seats are priced for their view and convenience.
4) That is why Tier-3 is cheapest.
. . . EVERY table requires some neck-cranking or chair turning
. . . several Tier-3 tables have posts in the view
5) You get the view you pay for.
6) Better seats are always more expensive.

joonyer
03-20-2009, 11:52 AM
There is only a $10 difference between Tier 3 and Tier 1 seats. I would spend the extra $10 if we were going back. We had seats upstairs on the side (tier 3) when we went last in 2006 (all seats were the same price then) and the view from downstairs or directly in the back upstairs would be much better. We had to turn around and away from the table to see the stage.

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:11 PM
usually first calls are given the best seats no matter what tier you are.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

TheRustyScupper
03-21-2009, 03:19 PM
usually first calls are given the best seats no matter what tier you are.

1) Seats in each category are assigned in order by date you make the ressie.
2) Ressie from Nov-8 usually gets better table than ressie from Nov-9.
3) Tables are usually assigned from the best of the Category to the worst.
4) Large tables are excepted, so they can be placed more easily by Assigner.
5) The exception is table 044, left for last minute handicapped ressies.
6) This table is *usually* released on show-day.

NOTE: Tables are numbered from the stage back and from left-to-right. Table 044 is floor-level, fourth-row, fourth-table-from-right.