PDA

View Full Version : Does WDW still send luggage tags?

TheVBs
03-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I just received my confirmation that my package is paid for (YAY!) in the mail. But no luggage tags. In past years we've always gotten luggage tags. Does Disney not send these anymore?

KathyMO
03-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I received my luggage tags about 6 weeks before my arrival date.

Kathy

DisneyFr33k
03-18-2009, 11:35 AM
I think they send those with the final paperwork and booklet with the magical express tickets in them.

TheVBs
03-18-2009, 12:18 PM
Great! I'll keep an eye out for them. We've never done Magical Express, but we always put the luggage tags to good use. :mickey:

MOJoe
03-18-2009, 01:56 PM
I got luggage tags with the information packet sent to confirm the reservation i made in January. It was the first thing i received from Disney. My final payment is not due till April. It does seem odd that you did not get them yet. :confused:

CleveRocks
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
SOme of us here are confusing the two very different types of luggage tags.

The OP is asking about the hard plastic souvenir luggage tags. These are sent ONLY to people who booked a package ... people who made a room-only reservation DO NOT receive these luggage tags.

Those tags are sent with the final paperwork, meaning that they are not sent prior to the 45 day mark (45 days from the start of the trip) ... expect it all about 3-5 weeks before the trip.

The OTHER type of luggage tag is different from the above in just about every way. Guests using Disney's Magical Express will receive (one per person) a tag made of yellow sticky paper, a tag that is pre-printed with all kids of personalized information such as your name, resort name, reservation number, and a few barcodes; it is this tag that routes the checked luggage through the DME system at Orlando International Airport as well as at your resort.

The DME tags ARE NOT SENT WITH THE OTHER TAGS. DME tags are sent in a separate DME mailing. Therefore, people who booked a package get 2 mailings ... one from the Walt Disney Travel Company (or Disney parks, or Disney Destinations, or whatever corporate shell name they're using these days), and the other with a "Disney's Magical Express" return address.