PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review: Cape May Cafe

brewcrew26
03-17-2009, 08:11 PM
We visited Cape May Cafe on our first night (Wednesday, March 4). We had a 7:30 ressie. DB and I absolutely love Y&BC for its ambience. It was DH's first trip there, so I hope he liked it just as much. None of us had ever been to CMC.

DH and I have lived in Boston, so we have all had a traditional New England clambake. While this isn't "traditional," the fare was average. There were ample amounts of selections on the buffet for both seafood and non-seafood eaters.

The CMs who greeted us were energetic and gave us the lay of the land. They showed us the designated areas for soups, salads, seafood, kid's choices and **of course** dessert!

The colorful inside is a beach theme with beachside umbrellas and awnings, sandcastles, and light wood finishings. The tables were covered in large white pieces of paper and crayons were stocked in little metal buckets. (I had a ball coloring a little Cinderella castle with fireworks and a dog! See picture (http://brewcrew26.shutterfly.com/1223).)

There was everything including mussels, clams, herb-baked salmon, corn-on-the-cob, fruit salad (it had a little too much mint for my taste), barbecued chicken and prime rib.

The items that stick out to me was the clam chowder. It's hard to get a good clam chowder, but I liked that there's had a hefty amount of meat (you could actually tell they were clams) and there was even the grit of the sand (I like that...I know others who don't.) I also really enjoyed the Oreo Bon-Bons. It was an Oreo sandwich cookie covered with a vanilla/chocolate mousse and then covered in milk chocolate. Really good! The cookies on the dessert bar were a tad dry. I like a chewy cookie. But, the Key Lime pie tarts were a tasty and spring-like alternative.

Overall, our service was a bit spotty. It took awhile to get beverages refilled. The food was good, but nothing to really write home about. I think you can get a better deal at other buffets such as Boma or Crystal Palace in regards to both food, ambience and service. If we were pressed for ADRs on a future trip, I would give it a try, but it's not on my "must-do" list.

BeccaO
03-18-2009, 10:23 AM
We visited CMC on our last visit this past January. This was our 2nd visit here and we were really dissapointed. Our waiter was horrible, he hardly came to clear our dirty plates, rarely came to refill drinks and his personality was just blah!! The food was not as good as when we visited a year ago. If there was no other place available we would choose this place again, but it was not at the top of our list. To sum it up, "Big Dissapointment". There are plenty of other buffets at Disney that are far better than CMC.

Luv Eeyore
03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, I hope the disappointing service was just an anomaly. This is a must do for us (the amount of clams DH eats is truly embarrasing - but this is his favorite place to eat at the World) and we will be going next month.

Hull-onian
03-18-2009, 07:05 PM
We are going CMC in May. We really enjoy it there. We've always had a good time, and found the food and service to be just fine.:tasty:

spoiledraf
03-18-2009, 10:24 PM
We will be having dinner here our first night as it's convinient to the BC and I have never had anything but breakfast so we thought we'd try it. We'll have our kids and grandkids with us and I thought it would be a little more accepting of three little ones who may be a bit cantankerous after a day of travel.

I've found that nearly every place we dine, we eventually have a waiter having a bad day. I work in a service industry, (UPS Man) and have had more than my of share of off days. Especially in wet and cold Ohio weather. So I tend to be a little more forgiving to others who have to try and pacify every customers differing expectations. I usually try to inject some humor while acknowledging his struggle that particular evening and try not to be demanding. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I hope we can have a good expierience our first evening at the CM in the World. I'm looking forward to the first breakfast there with Minnie, Donald and Goofy as well.

j&j
03-20-2009, 05:11 PM
it is nice and a great choice of food. love it there.:mickey::mickey:

pdrlkr
03-22-2009, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the Review! :thumbsup: :mickey: