PDA

View Full Version : Remy from Ratatouille at Chefs de France

brewcrew26
03-17-2009, 07:57 PM
I saw a video posted on YouTube that a little animatronic of Remy is now making special appearances at guest tables at Chefs de France Monday through Friday during lunch and occassionally at dinner. It looked really cool!! Has anyone seen it yet and any word on how long it will be staying?

ElenitaB
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
How cute is he? He wasn't there in December. :pout: Now I'll just have to go back!

TheVBs
03-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Now I want to eat there! I love Remy. :mickey: Maybe we could just get in for dessert or something?

Hayden's Dad
03-17-2009, 09:27 PM
That would be a smart move, but I am surprised if they just have remy going around. The fewest characters I have seen is 3 at Cape May, one would be hard to manage and would take a while to get around. Hopefully they will bring in Emile too.

I hope they do this we need a new character meal without the Mickey and the Gang or the Princesses. Don't get me wrong I love them all but we need some variety. :mickey:

I still think they need a "Heros" meal for the boys. You could have Peter Pan, Aladdin, Woody, and Buzz, or Mr Incredible and Frozone, even bring in Hercules and Robin Hood. They all already appear in the parks. Oh well I'll keep hoping. :mickey:

Mufasa
03-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Remy (as he appears at Chefs de France) isn't a traditional character meet and greet- he's actually wheeled around the dining room on a silver tray, accompanied by some cheese and grapes.

Remy is true to life-size, so he's very small and an example of the Living Character initiative- new ways that guests can interact with characters (advanced animatronics, or through experiences like Turtle Talk with Crush)

Remy previously appeared last year at Rendez-Vous des Stars restaurant at the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris where he visited diners at their tables.

He should be around for a while- at least until September I believe.

Hayden's Dad
03-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Remy (as he appears at Chefs de France) isn't a traditional character meet and greet- he's actually wheeled around the dining room on a silver tray, accompanied by some cheese and grapes.

Ahhhh. Cool. That does sound like a good idea. Does anyone know how he interacts with the customers? Does he talk?

Mufasa
03-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Ahhhh. Cool. That does sound like a good idea. Does anyone know how he interacts with the customers? Does he talk?

Remy can "talk"- though as humans we can't exactly understand him (he more or less squeaks)- but he's quite adept at performing a Gallic shrug as he's probably saying "je n'en sais rien" and will pantomime his responses like a tiny Marcel Marceau.

Mousemates
03-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Cool...these are the little things that traditionally made WDW such a great place to vacation...I hope that this isn't just an isolated addition, but that they will be willing to fund similar "imagineering touches" throughout the other restaurants in the parks.

DisneyBunch5
03-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Does he make a appearance at a specific time? Or multiple appearances throughout lunch hours?

PrettyMinnie
03-18-2009, 03:43 PM
That would be so cute! Love him!! :minnie:

artyboy
03-18-2009, 04:09 PM
We saw this when we were at Disneyland Paris...didn't know they were doing this here.

Now I may have to insist upon a Chefs de France lunch!

I leave in 2 days!!!:mickey:

TheVBs
03-19-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm thinking of trying to book a table mid-afternoon for desserts. Does anyone know if Remy makes appearances all day, or just at traditional meal times?

Kenny1113
03-19-2009, 07:01 PM

Remy is true to life-size, so he's very small and an example of the Living Character initiative- new ways that guests can interact with characters (advanced animatronics, or through experiences like Turtle Talk with Crush)

Remy previously appeared last year at Rendez-Vous des Stars restaurant at the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris where he visited diners at their tables.

This is too cute, too bad he wasn't there when we were there in Jan. Hopefully next time.

Natazu
03-19-2009, 09:04 PM
I think I saw Remy at Cracker Barrel once, too.

PixieMagic
03-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I think I saw Remy at Cracker Barrel once, too.

Too Funny!!! Love the humor! :funny:

TheVBs
03-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I just called to change some dining reservations and asked about this. I wanted to see if you could see Remy any time of the day or if it was just during mealtimes. Unfortunately, Disney Dining had no idea what I was talking about. She even checked with customer service and they had no idea either. She gave me a number to call Epcot dining directly, but it was to order cakes, and you could only leave a message. I left a message, also called the special dietary needs number and left a message there as well in the hopes that someone can either let me know or direct me to someone who does. Wouldn't you think they'd know about it? :confused:

brian2000boston
03-20-2009, 11:21 AM
I was talking with a friend about this and this is what they found on it.

As of March 9, guests who dine at Les Chefs de France restaurant are being treated to a unique kind of entertainment, allowing them to meet the culinary rat Remy, from the movie Ratatouille. Remy is an Audio-Animatronics puppet who, along with the restaurant maitre d' (a comedic actor), engages guests by performing a series of humorous, theatrical vignettes, using a moving food cart with a silver-domed cheese platter as their stage. Remy can make a variety of noises and comes across as a living, breathing little character with a point of view all his own. The Remy Cart was conceived by WDI Research & Development with support from WDI Creative Entertainment.
Remy can be seen 12:30 - 6 p.m. at Les Chefs de France through September 5, 2009. (Remy can also be seen at Disneyland Paris where he's been entertaining guests since last summer.)

I am going to miss this since we arrive Sept 25 :(

TheVBs
03-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Thanks for that info! :mickey: I'm definitely going to book a table for an afternoon dessert or something so that we can see Remy. The girls will love it!

javamama
03-21-2009, 11:53 AM
My kids would love to see Remy, to bad they other adults aren't big French foodies. Maybe we'll sneak a peak next month.

Natazu
03-21-2009, 11:56 AM
My kids would love to see Remy, to bad they other adults aren't big French foodies. That's ok, the people who cook the food at Chefs de France aren't either.

TheVBs
03-21-2009, 02:25 PM
Finally spoke to someone at Epcot who was familiar with the Remy show. She said we had a very good chance of seeing him during lunchtime (11:30-3:30). So, we've booked a table for 3pm. We'll just have some dessert and hope to see him! :mickey:

motherof4
03-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Is Remy in Florida or Just California and Paris

Maleficent's Dad
03-22-2009, 08:12 AM
That's ok, the people who cook the food at Chefs de France aren't either.
Oh Jym, your wittiness does make me chuckle! I guess you'll be celebrating your next big event at Les Chefs? ;) (They do have a decent wine list, even for a sommelier like yourself!)

TheVBs
03-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Is Remy in Florida or Just California and Paris

Remy is now in Florida too. :mickey:

artyboy
03-29-2009, 05:43 PM
Just returned...had lunch there...and sadly, no Remy!:(

It was still a fine meal, though.

DreamFinder2
03-30-2009, 10:30 PM
The Remy Cart was conceived by WDI Research & Development with support from WDI Creative Entertainment. Remy can be seen 12:30 - 6 p.m. at Les Chefs de France through September 5, 2009.
Why would they just stop doing this on Sept. 5th? It seems a little arbitrary, doesn't it? :confused:

I can see if it's in some sort of "test phase", but people seem to like it...I'd LOVE to see Remy!

MinnieMommie
03-31-2009, 09:34 PM

How totally cool is that!! I am sorry we missed Remy on our recent trip and dining at Chefs. It looks like he might be gone by the time we return. Quel dommage!

ElenitaB
03-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Why would they just stop doing this on Sept. 5th? It seems a little arbitrary, doesn't it? :confused:
It seems that Remy is travelling from park to park, just as Lucky did.

Figment!
04-08-2009, 10:24 AM
The Press Release and Official Pictures have been posted in the News Forum:

Disney’s Smallest Audio-Animatronics Figure Brings ‘Chef Remy’ to Life (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=152870)

MickeyMousse
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
That sounds like so much fun!!!

marylynne95
04-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Ditto :mickey:

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 10:50 AM
It does sound like fun! I think this will really boost the popularity of Chefs de France.

kakn7294
04-08-2009, 12:32 PM
It does sound like fun! I think this will really boost the popularity of Chefs de France.I know I'm considering it now where I never have before. I have 11 days to decide before I hit my 90 day mark...

SBETigg
04-08-2009, 03:15 PM
I know I'm considering it now where I never have before. I have 11 days to decide before I hit my 90 day mark...

I have a lunch ADR in a few weeks that I was considering canceling, because we're doing Flying Fish later in the day. I may keep it and eat light just to see if we can see Remy. He's adorable.

TheVBs
04-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I just read in a newsletter that Remy comes out 4 times a day, Monday-Saturday. Guess what day our reservations are on? Yep! Sunday. Does anyone know if this is accurate? I'd just like to be sure before I consider cancelling our reservation.

cmsizzlin
04-16-2009, 12:05 PM
I read the same thing. I don't want to make ADRs for there if we are not guranteed he will make an appearance. I would rather have an ADR w/guranteed characters. I am going to call there and find out what is going on

Figment!
04-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Per the official press release, linked above,:
“Bon Appétit from Chef Remy” is scheduled to take place at Les Chefs de France Monday through Saturday until Sept. 5, 2009 (subject to change).

TheVBs
04-17-2009, 09:35 PM
I read the same thing. I don't want to make ADRs for there if we are not guranteed he will make an appearance. I would rather have an ADR w/guranteed characters. I am going to call there and find out what is going on

Let us know what you find out please! I'm very interested in seeing him too. :mickey:

TheVBs
04-17-2009, 09:36 PM
Per the official press release, linked above,:

Thanks so much for that info Figment! :mickey:

tracibell
04-17-2009, 10:11 PM
DH and I decided to book a lunch ADR back at our 90 day mark. Now I'm thrilled at the idea that I might get to see Remy during our lunch. :D We will be there next month so I'm hoping he'll make an appearance during our meal.

EPCOT84
04-19-2009, 03:13 PM
The Press Release and Official Pictures have been posted in the News Forum:

Thanks for the link over, :thumbsup:Figment.

DisneyBunch5
04-20-2009, 12:29 PM
We ate saw Remy on Thursday, 04/16. He came at the beginning of our lunch service and made another appearance in the dining room just before we left. He stopped at the table for a couple of minutes, allowing us to take some pics with the kids.