PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Has the 90 days made ADR's harder to get?

Mom2princesses
03-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I don't make my ADR's until tomorrow but reading on this board and others I have noticed that a lot of ADR's are more difficult to get. I think it has to with the fact that more people make reservations at 90 days. At 180 days it was only those of us who are addicted to planning. Guess I'll know more after tomorrow but I'm nervous that I won't be able to get some of the ADR's I want. For those of you who have already made your ADR's what do you think? Was it harder for you or the same or easier?

Mom2princesses
03-17-2009, 09:35 PM
Forgot to add feel free to post your experience! I'd love to hear all about it.

CaptSmee
03-17-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't think the timeframe has anything to do with it. I think more people are using the DDP making it more sought after.

Seasonscraps
03-18-2009, 12:35 AM
I think it will be about the same for the people that plan and call at 7:00am 180 days out (well 90 days now). But it will give the people that plan semi last minute trips a chance to get ADRs at places they would like to eat.

KylesMom
03-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I think it's a combination of more guests utilizing the DDP and the 90-day versus 180-day booking period. I mean, only the most obsessive of us (me included) were actually on the phone at the 180-day mark at 7 am to make our ressies.

Now, when the guidelines used to be 90 days, I really never had any problems getting what I wanted - but the DDP hadn't really caught on yet. These days, if someone has booked the plan, most are cognizant that they must make advanced reservations to get the most bang for their buck.

I called right at the 90-day mark on Sunday and did not get two places I wanted (Sci-Fi late lunch for Star Wars Weekends and Fantasmic Mama Melrose), and the Fantasmic package I was able to book is at 3:55 in the afternoon on a different day. We had to scrap plans to eat lunch at Liberty Tree since our Fantasmic day changed.

I have called back twice this week to see if anything has opened up for our original schedule, but nothing has. Next Sunday I'll be on the phone making the remainder of our ressies . . . I'll be curious to see if we need to change more of our plans or not.

TheVBs
03-18-2009, 10:15 AM
I actually called a few days after the 90 day mark (because I was sick) and had no trouble getting the ADRs we wanted except for the Fantasmic package. We got into Le Cellier, and a dinner show with no problems.

cmshelton1979
03-18-2009, 10:20 AM
I had no troubles getting the places and times I wanted, with one exception I had to go an hour later than I originally wanted. Not a big deal considering I was able to get ADR's to everywhere I wanted to go.

I also got up at 630 am to make the calls though. It was funny to see how many reservations were done in between each reservation I made. It seemed like it would be about 70-90 people making reservations in between the time it took me to get from one res to the next.

Luv Eeyore
03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
"It was funny to see how many reservations were done in between each reservation I made. It seemed like it would be about 70-90 people making reservations in between the time it took me to get from one res to the next. "

:haha:

I always take note of how many people have made reservations between mine. I thought I was the only one!

I didn't have any problems making our ADRs for this trip (which is the week before Easter). I always got the place and time I wanted on the first try - except for Le Cellier on Easter Sunday, which I actually did about 10 days late. Still got in, but at 4.30. Just a little earlier than we had wanted, but that's ok. Still got it!

AmandaChan
03-18-2009, 03:10 PM
I called the first day that I could for our reservations and suprisingly I had problems getting a couple that we wanted. In the past I've always been the late caller/planner and never had any problems getting reservations (except le cellier). So I might modify ours before we go.

saunie
03-18-2009, 05:40 PM
I called at 7:00 am the day my 90 day window opened. I wasn't put on hold and was able to get everything I wanted except Tusker's lunch for Finding Nemo. I can't believe it was only last Friday.
I was quite delighted.:cloud9:

Mom2princesses
03-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Well I made my ADR's today and I felt it was much harder to get what I want with the 90 day rule. Now I'm not even going to include the Fantasmic! Package which was already totally booked for all days it is being shown during the week we are there. That is ALL resturants and both days. I think that is impacted by the fact that Disney is not showing it every night. So we will not be going to Fantasmic this year. My little one has never seen it and my older daughter has seen it once but a long time ago. Oh well a reason to go back again (as if I needed one). Although it is extremely frustrating to call at 7:00 am on your first day and find out everything was booked. :(

I had several issues with LeCellier tried over two days spread out through out my trip and only got a lunch at 2:45 on my second day. When I called at 180 days I never had a problem if I called the first day. at 7:00 am.

1900 Park Fare - only had very late times. I had move around other ADR's to make sure I got it at a resaonable time for the last day of our trip. But glad I got it. I found this very different too.

Boma, Tony's were fine, Prime TIme no problem, Tutto Italia was not bad either. Ohana breakfast and CP breakfast I got too. So maybe now that I look at it only a few were more difficult. The extremely popular ones. I'm glad I got to do CRT 180 days out!

Thank you to everyone who posted their experiences. I guess there are other factors like one previous poster listed - the increased popularity of the DDP.

Also my results are for a party of 4 (2 adults 2 kids) that also should be taken into account. Good luck to everyone making their ADR's! Hope you all get the ones you want.

rkwctw
03-18-2009, 08:24 PM
Just made ressies today for the middle of June. Of the eight days that we are there, there is only one day that we are eating later than normal. The ADR's do not seem to have changed that much.:mickey:

spoiledraf
03-18-2009, 10:07 PM
On the down side, I tried to call before I went to work at 90 days out. after holding for 45 minutes, I had to hang up.

On the flip side, I called when I got home and got all but two of 14 ADRs within 15 minutes of my plan, Those being Chef Mickeys, 10:30 insted of 9:30 and Narccoses, 6 insted of 7.

Another point of interest and I don't understand it was I called the dining number and the only res they would take were Chef Mickeys, V&A and the Castle. Then he transferred me to a CM for the rest. ???

Also, for Narcoosies, with a party of 8 or more, you have to call the restaurant directly. They had a recording and called me back.

SBETigg
03-18-2009, 10:17 PM
It really shouldn't make any difference if it's 90 days or the 180 days now that the system is in place. We're all working from the same time, no one is getting an advantage. I think the difficulty comes more from the CMs being trained on a new system and the fact that some ADRs just go fast, like Fantasmic dinner package. I had trouble getting that one at 180 days in the past. Got it, but I had to eat at 3. It's just the way of it when making ADRs.