PDA

View Full Version : last morning

armmh
03-17-2009, 07:13 PM
Need your opinions.....this is our first trip to WDW. On our "return home" day, our plane leaves at 1:30 (also have to return the rental car) so we dont have time to go to any parks so I had 2 ideas, not sure which to go with. 1 would be to go to DTD, we have QSDP and have breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express then shop a little OR do Donald's safari breakfast at Animal Kingdom. If we do that I feel like we will be a bit more rushed. We dont have any character dining scheduled at all during the trip. We would also have to pay for another day (about $15 total) to get into AK.....is it worth it or should we do the DTD thing????? Thanks for your opinions!!

faline
03-17-2009, 07:23 PM
I think Downtown Disney might be more relaxed. You could also do a character breakfast at one of the resorts such as the Beach Club.

GoofyforFun
03-17-2009, 08:22 PM
The Wolfgang Puck CS breakfast is great you will enjoy that and the serving size was perfect.. And who doesn't love shopping. Maybe even a great chocolate shake at Ghirardelli [link removed per Intercot's terms of service]
:woohoo::woohoo:

Tigger's Mom
03-17-2009, 08:24 PM
When our flights left in the early afternoon, we ate at Chef Mickey's on our last day and then did some resort sightseeing (a quick boat ride to the Wilderness Lodge and then a bus to the TTC to walk around the Poly). We've found this to be relaxing and a fun way to hold onto that last day in Disney without going to a park. Enjoy whatever you do!

SBETigg
03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I would do breakfast at a resort. There are so many good ones, both character and non-character, and it's much more relaxed for a departure day than Downtown Disney. My favorite choice would be breakfast at Boma and exploring the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Or with characters at Chef Mickey. Of course, Downtown is great if you're looking for that extra bit of excitement before setting out. So it depends on what you want out of the day.

LandFan
03-18-2009, 08:50 AM
When we leave in the early to mid-afternoon, we tend to go to DTD and shop, then have lunch at Earl of Sandwich and pick up some extra sandwiches to eat at the airport for dinner (beats what they offer and is much cheaper!!)

Their tomato soup ROCKS!

Gregandmel
03-18-2009, 09:05 AM
On our last morning at WL last year, our flight also left at 1:30pm, which meant out resort bus was picking us up about 10:30am, so we didn't have a ton of time to do too much. We purposely didn't "plan" anything since I knew whatever we did, we'd feel rushed. Surprisingly though, our kids were out the door at 8am wanting to SWIM, so DH and I went and got some muffins and coffee and spent a wonderful relaxed morning by the pool having coffee, with NO ONE (except the ducks) and our kids swimming. It was a great relaxing way to end our trip. Whatever you decide, have a terrific time! You'll always find great advice on these boards! :-)

Dancer Mom
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
On our last trip, very short, we had breakfast on the day we left at O'hana's. We loved it! It was a really fun breakfast. We had breakfast there before, but the characters had changed, so we really enjoyed it!

Try O'hana or Chef Mickey's (my all-time favorite).

PrettyMinnie
03-18-2009, 04:13 PM
A breakfast at a resort would be a bit of a compromise right? You could do a character breakfast and have a chance to interact with characters in case you didn't see them in the parks. But you don't have to pay that extra money to be in the park and it should be a bit more relaxed.

If you're not up for that, I would with DTD. It's a nice touch of Disney and you can pick up any souvenirs you missed out on or some gifts for family and friends. Either way have fun!

joonyer
03-18-2009, 06:45 PM
We always drive to WDW, but we have to leave right after lunch to get home at a decent hour. We have developed a last day family tradition where we sleep in (just a little) have a quick breakfast snack at our resort food court, then head to DTD where we shop for souvenirs and then have "lunch" at Ghirardelli's (a big sundae) before we start our drive home.

ThanxForNoticin
03-18-2009, 07:14 PM
As you can see, you really do have many options. My recommendation would be to forget going to a park that morning. It would be rushed and wouldn't be worth it just to eat.

Since you have a 1:30 flight and a rental car, you probably will want to be on your way to the airport by 11:00 (assuming you are flying out of MCO). If you get up at a decent hour, pack, and check out, you can still have a few hours to enjoy. A nice breakfast and stroll around DTD sounds like a good idea.

Have a great time!

Soul_Power
03-18-2009, 08:55 PM
On our last trip, very short, we had breakfast on the day we left at O'hana's. We loved it! It was a really fun breakfast.

We did this on our last day as well. Being around the characters was a great way to end the trip and soak up as much Disney as we could before we went back home.

We are now making character breakfasts a last morning/day tradition, and we're trying Chef Mickey's this year.

I think that anything you do that lets you soak up as much magic as you can is the best way to spend your last morning! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-18-2009, 09:22 PM
On our last morning at WL last year, our flight also left at 1:30pm, which meant out resort bus was picking us up about 10:30am, so we didn't have a ton of time to do too much. We purposely didn't "plan" anything since I knew whatever we did, we'd feel rushed. Surprisingly though, our kids were out the door at 8am wanting to SWIM, so DH and I went and got some muffins and coffee and spent a wonderful relaxed morning by the pool having coffee, with NO ONE (except the ducks) and our kids swimming. It was a great relaxing way to end our trip. Whatever you decide, have a terrific time! You'll always find great advice on these boards! :-)

If you are using ME, they will pick you up 3 hours ahead of your flight. That doesn't leave alot of time. My vote is for the relaxing at the resort. A great breakfast, or one last swim and coffee by the pool. I learned from past trips that trying to pack something in before the flight home doesn't always lend for a relaxing last day. (or last morning, in your case).

spoiledraf
03-18-2009, 10:42 PM
We opted out of a non-stop flight, 1:00 pm, to a 6 pm, with a stop in Atlanta, to get another 5 hours at the parks. Plus we will be flying with my daughter and her family half way, since she lives in Atlanta. We'll get home around midnight but who cares. Every minute at Disney and with my Grandson is cherished!

It just seems like time goes so fast that last day. It's just difficult to do anything away from your resort for fear you will get delayed and miss your bus. (But then I've always been the worrier in the family.)

Figment78
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
When we only have a few hours, we definitely do breakfast at one of the resorts. A little tip for timing: if you are worried about getting there and back in time (say, you are staying at Boardwalk and want to have breakfast at the Polynesian), you can take a cab. It's not free, but it's not much more than what you would pay for the extra park ticket day (about $10/each way). Just makes me feel less stressed about getting back to the hotel in time when I know there is an alternative to the bus.

Tick-Tock
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
A little tip for timing: if you are worried about getting there and back in time (say, you are staying at Boardwalk and want to have breakfast at the Polynesian), you can take a cab. It's not free, but it's not much more than what you would pay for the extra park ticket day (about $10/each way). Just makes me feel less stressed about getting back to the hotel in time when I know there is an alternative to the bus.

But remember if you have young kids, you have the car seat problem. Friends of ours had a heck of a time getting from Ft. Wilderness back to AKL last year. They had planned to take a cab, but no cab had car seats available (they called and everything, and they still couldn't get one). They ended up having to take Disney transport anyway.

armmh
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks for all of the great ideas! My 90 day mark has now passed and I chose NOT to make an ADR:sick: I think we will just hang out and let kids go to pool, if we are up early maybe do DTD for breakfast and shopping. Good call once again from the Intercot boards!! Thanks so much. I think it will help me (OCD queen) just relax and enjoy the fun with the kids after a busy week :thumbsup: