PDA

View Full Version : What is the earliest arrival?

Anthony007
03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
We are arriving in Disney on August 19 and I plan to surprise my fiance with a dinner that night at V & A's. Now assuming I get a 7 pm reservation. What do you think is the latest arrival time we could manange? We are flying in from NY and staying at Pop Century.

BamaJenn
03-17-2009, 03:02 PM
We are arriving in Disney on August 19 and I plan to surprise my fiance with a dinner that night at V & A's. Now assuming I get a 7 pm reservation. What do you think is the latest arrival time we could manange? We are flying in from NY and staying at Pop Century.
I think you're asking what's the latest you can arrive at V&A's before you lose your reservation? If so... I think that answer would be 7:00. Most on property restaurants have some leeway but V&A's is a little different. I'd think too it all depends on if they are booked for the night or not.

wdwfan
03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
I would say the latest to land at MCO would be around 3PM. If your using ME, this will give you an hour for travel to Pop, then time to get cleaned up. You will need to allow an hour travel time to GF using Disney transportation. If your renting a car I say landing no later than 4.

BamaJenn
03-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I would say the latest to land at MCO would be around 3PM. If your using ME, this will give you an hour for travel to Pop, then time to get cleaned up. You will need to allow an hour travel time to GF using Disney transportation. If your renting a car I say landing no later than 4.
Ok so totally different take on the question... probably the RIGHT one though. LOL!

faline
03-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Personally, I would probably not want to plan such an expensive dinner on my arrival day. I would want to be fresh and reste and not tired from traveling.

Also, you never can tell when a flight might be delayed or canceled.

disneymom15
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
I agree with Faline. We had tickets for MNSSHP on our first night at Disney and our flight was delayed. Needless to say , we ended up missing some of the evening at MK. I won't plan something like that again for our first night.

Anthony007
03-17-2009, 05:19 PM
Personally, I would probably not want to plan such an expensive dinner on my arrival day. I would want to be fresh and reste and not tired from traveling.

Also, you never can tell when a flight might be delayed or canceled.

I'm not a big fan of it either, but every other day we are at the parks. We are doing 2 days at MK, 2 at Epcot, 1 and the Studios and 1 at AK. We can't go from the park to the restaurant, so we'd have to cut a park short. I would say EPCOT but we really want to go to Marakesh and Tepan Edo on those two days.

I was thinking of taking a cab from Pop to GF, are there taxis???

wdwfan
03-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Yes there are taxis. I think that would be the better way of doing it. Then just use Disney transportation to get back.

TheRustyScupper
03-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Personally, I would probably not want to plan such an expensive dinner on my arrival day.

1) Absolutely.
2) I would plan something easy, like Fort Wilderness Campfire.
3) Besides, with a late flight and you can lose big bucks!
4) They have a 24-hr cancellation policy.