PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Christmas???

DANAM
03-17-2009, 12:55 PM
We will be going Dec 12th thru the 20th. We know about the MVMCP and we are debating Sun or Tues. night. Then there's the other christmas events in the parks but is there anything else that we can't miss. We really want to take in all that Disney has to offer for Christmas. We plan on doing the Deluxe Dining Package so we can see all the different hotel decorations. Is there any hotels we shouldn't miss? Thanks

gauvin4
03-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Make sure to check out the Grand Floridian. the put together a giant gingerbread house for the lobby. It is beautiful.

I also liked the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Its nice to see how its decorated staying with the African theme.

I hope you have a great trip.

hlkeck
03-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Candlelight Processional was really nice and beautiful! Beach Club had a huge gingerbread carousel, I think. It was pretty neat. AKL is definitely beautiful. The Osborne Family Lights at Hollywood studios...generally Epcot has a special version of Illuminations that is just wonderful.

gosh, so much. MVMCP was great. We had a blast at Xmas but...it is crowded! VERY CROWDED!

faline
03-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Wilderness Lodge is also nicely decorated for the holidays.

Do you have the Osborn lights on your list of things to see and do?

joonyer
03-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Yes, don't miss the huge, and I mean HUGE, Christmas tree in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge.

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-17-2009, 02:35 PM
We went to see Polynesian, Wildnerness Lodge and the Grand Floridian...they were all gorgeous...I highly suggest the Candlelight Processional and you can get the Candlelight Pkg. where you eat at one of the Epcot restaurants and get reserved seating for the show..and you can use dining plan credits for it

gojoe
03-17-2009, 02:49 PM
Don't forget the Boardwalk is all decked out. Beach Club , Swan & Dolphin are all within walking too. Not to mention the great dining at Boardwalk. Flying Fish is one of my favorites. Contemporary had only one display but it's worth the trip. I would skip Poly. GF is so wonderful. I have a hard time telling people how you feel when you walk in; music is play, a beautiful tree and the heavenly sent of ginger bread is something you must experience for yourself. I sat in the lobby for almost an hour while my wife shopped and enjoyed every moment.

magic4ever
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
We also surprised our kids by making reservations for a sleigh ride at Wilderness Lodge. The sleigh and horse were decorated in tiny lights. It was beautiful and lots of fun!!:sleigh:

DisneyPrincess21
03-17-2009, 05:06 PM
We will be going Dec 12th thru the 20th. We know about the MVMCP and we are debating Sun or Tues. night. Then there's the other christmas events in the parks but is there anything else that we can't miss. We really want to take in all that Disney has to offer for Christmas. We plan on doing the Deluxe Dining Package so we can see all the different hotel decorations. Is there any hotels we shouldn't miss? Thanks

I deffiently suggest going to MVMCP it's wonderful! Also don't miss the osborne lights at dhs. They are a must see :santa:

Harriet
03-17-2009, 06:55 PM
I will list what think are an absolute IMHO
in the order of BEST IN SHOW

Widerness Lodge
Osbourn Lights
Candlelight Dinner package (worth it)
Christmas Tree Winter Lights (Epcot)
MVMCP (if you been then you can skip)
Wishes Cruise Awsome
Parades at HS & AK
Nemos Musical at AK
Grand Floridian Yes AND No
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Chandlerella
03-18-2009, 12:42 PM
You have to go to the Beach Club to see the carousel!! It smells soo good in the lobby.

DANAM
03-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks so much. We knew the hotels had to be nice but I really didn't know what to expect. We are booking the deluxe dining package and I am going to plan most of our meals at the hotels you all have mentioned so we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Thanks

biggun35
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Is there usually free dining in December? We are plannning a trip then also and if there is free dining we are going to use that money to upgrade hotels. We normally stay at the French Quarter but would like to upgrade after reading about the hotels that decorate.

Beast_fanatic
03-19-2009, 10:24 AM
Is there usually free dining in December? We are plannning a trip then also and if there is free dining we are going to use that money to upgrade hotels. We normally stay at the French Quarter but would like to upgrade after reading about the hotels that decorate.

No, free dining is normally not offered in December.

There could be pin codes (no way of securing one - they are generated by Disney and no one knows exactly how they are picked) offered for free dining for that time period, and there is always the possibility that they will offer a new discount this year because of the econonmy. But, normally, free dining is not offered then.

ibrowse17
03-19-2009, 10:29 AM
A real must for us during Christmas is touring the resorts to see them decorated. I would suggest taking an hour or so to tour Fort Wilderness one night. The campers decorate their sites, and it is just incredible:thumbsup:

BMan62
03-19-2009, 10:41 AM

IF, and it's a big IF, they decide to offer 'free DDP' this year, it will probably be in the mid-August to late-September time frame. I do not believe that it has been offered at any other time frame in the past.

lightyearfan
03-19-2009, 12:22 PM
hotels not to miss for me and dw when we went fot the xmas holidays are: Grand Floridian/ Boardwalk /Animal Kingdom lodge/ Yahcht and Beach Club. Xmas time is a wonderful time to vist WDW, and if it's your first time you will love it. Enjoy

Victor