PDA

View Full Version : Need feedback

hlkeck
03-17-2009, 12:45 PM
Cast: Me (36) DH (36) DD (7) DS (5)

We will be going on a Disney Cruise Oct 18-22; on the 22nd we are going to drive to Orlando and go to MNSSHP that evening (we have been before and loved it). My question - which dinner should we pick? It will be our ONLY WDW meal for this trip - and we may not be back to WDW for 2 more years (we want to try disney land and the hawaii resort in the near future). We will not have park passes, so choices are resort or MK - because we will be able to get into MNSSHP by 4 pm...Given my children's ages (above) in October AND given that we have been to WDW 4 times in the last 2 years and have done MOST character meals - which would you choose for a very early dinner?

Chef Mickey's - kids pick; we've already done it twice, but they really love it

1900 Park Fare - never been (1 of about 3 character meals we haven't done yet); will DS5 like this for dinner? Is a Prince there? Or just cindy and steps?

Whispering Canyon - haven't done it yet; hear it's fun...will a 7 and 5 y/o appreciate it?

CRT - we have done breakfast, not dinner, but we'll already be in MK with our MNSSHP tickets and DS loved this when he was 3 although he was quite shy around the princesses; he did love the sword he got, though. I dread waiting in this line ever again.

We have been to O'Hana's, it was okay. We haven't done Cape May, but I don't think dinner is a character meal - and that is the only reason we would go - I am not a seafood fan.

Which would you choose from the above list? Feel free to mention other resort options or even DownTown Disney. We won't be on the dining plan or anything - so anything goes, really. I want it to be memorable and special!

Thanks for your thoughts,

mouseketeer mom
03-17-2009, 02:59 PM
I've done them all from your list.
I vote for WCC. It is an absolute hoot. Positive high energy place, yummy all you can eat skillet, funny servers, stick horse races, and who knows what other kind of fun they will come up with that night. Every experience is fun and different. Perfect for boys too.
You've done CRT and Chef Mickeys...
We did 1900 Park fare last week and it was our least favorite dining experience at Disney yet. Its very feminine too, very Victorian.
Try WCC!

Natazu
03-17-2009, 06:45 PM
Chef Mickey's is the best choice in my worthless opinion. They have the best food and character interaction for the money.

On the cruise, don't miss Palo. Wow!

j&j
03-18-2009, 02:39 PM
for the kids whispering they have horse races that they kids will do anround the rest.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

GoofyMom09
03-18-2009, 03:04 PM
We love WCC. I think your kids are at a great age for it. As previously noted, they have some games and entertainment for the kids. The menu is also kid friendly. After dinner you could take the boat over to MK. Have a great time on your cruise, we went a few years ago and had a blast!

DANAM
03-18-2009, 10:25 PM
1900 is one of my fav's from when I was a kid. I can remember eating there when we went in 1989 the year MGM (DHS) openned. My family has enjoyed it the couple time we have been there, DD is or was 4 and 5 and DS was 1 and 3. The night we were there prince charming, cinderella, the mice and fairy god mother where there. I want to say there where others but I'm not sure.
On a side note for your referance, I will say we don't care for Chef Mickey's at all and 'Ohana's is our fav.