PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Keasmom
03-17-2009, 11:36 AM
We all have them, Pet Peeves, those little things that just send out irritation level to HIGH:mad: and make us want to say something really ugly, or worse. Here is a great place to list your grumble, your beef, or your Pet Peeves.

Here are a few of mine:

1. Large tour groups who pretend to 'Speak No English" when it comes to following the rules, but speak fine when it comes to asking for a discount.

2. Large families that have one person hold a spot online and as the load time approaches 15 people "join them".

3. Anyone who stops in the middle of a traverseway to consult a map, anyone recklessly driving a stroller, wheelchair, or heelies, watch where you are going and try NOT torun the rest of us over.

4. Cluesless individuals who do not pay attention and then scream at you for running them over with your stroller or wheelchair. I am guilty, but he he just ran up and then stopped in front of me. (that was a really ugly name for WDW by the way)

5. Litterbugs. There are plenty of rubbish bins-USE THEM.

Post yours and let's see how we can make better magic next time.

cfoshe
03-17-2009, 12:22 PM
I have a few of the buses.

1. When large groups, having one wheelchair, run up to the bus line when a bus is pulling up so they can load first on that bus that the rest of us have been waiting on for 20 min.

2. When young healthy people do not give up there sit for older, or very young kids or parent holding a sleeping kid.

I and my son usually just load the bus and stand by the door until we see there is a spot for us to sit.

BethieTink
03-17-2009, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=cfoshe;1850875]

2. When young healthy people do not give up there sit for older, or very young kids or parent holding a sleeping kid.

QUOTE]

While I don't have a problem with your thought per se, I think that what may look like a "healthy" person on the outside, may not be. I am 39 and have rheumatoid arthritis, mainly in my hands and feet. I look perfectly "healthy" on the outside, but most days have pain and stiffness in those joints and incredible fatigue. Sitting on the bus helps me deal with the exertion that WDW requires. "Healthy" people may need the seats as well, just for hidden reasons.

Sorry, just my pet peeve.

PrettyMinnie
03-17-2009, 06:14 PM
Well, my BIGGEST pet peeve is when I tell people how excited I am for my upcoming trip and they treat me like a mental patient! Ok, maybe WDW isn't your thing, but I don't necessarily get my kicks from what you like either.

I think the OP said this, but when people litter it really makes me angry. It's Disney World for crying out loud. If you really want, you can even find a talking trash can!

Also when people "hold spots in line." That's not right. Sorry, if you want to ride the ride, you have to stand in line.

coloradowendyl
03-17-2009, 07:55 PM
I love to sit on benches and watch people at Disney. The thing that makes me the saddest are the people that can't take the time to stop and enjoy their vacation...the people who are yelling at their children "I paid for these tickets. You are going to have fun whether you like it or not!" (actually saw that last summer in MK), the husband and/or wife who yells at their spouse for stopping to take a picture "because you are messing up the schedule" (saw that in Epcot), or the people who are just determined to stay until the very minute the park closes with little children who are so tired they are crying to go back to the resort to go to bed!

I really do understand that for many people...their trip to Disney is a "once in a lifetime" trip and they want to do it all, but I wonder how much they really enjoy it when they are just rushing around and yelling at each other. I just want to tell them to stop, slow down, and experience some Magic!

Maybe not a full peeve, but just an observation!
Wendy

MickeyMousse
03-17-2009, 08:12 PM
My biggest pet peeve is from our last trip-those parents who forceable pull/push their screaming kids onto a ride which they obviously have a fear of going on.

Saw it twice last trip: once on Splash Mountain and once at Haunted Mansion. Both times the kids screams and cries drowned out the sounds of the ride!!! :shake:

cindchan
03-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Pet Peeves:

People who are pushing their 8 year old children around in a stroller. They're big kids now, they should learn to walk. If they're tired, they can sit. As my best friend says, "if they're wearing make-up and heels, they shouldn't be in a stroller."

People who spend their time screaming at their spouse/kids/total strangers. You know, I paid the same amount for a ticket that you did. I want to enjoy my day here, so please stop trying to ruin it for me.

People who don't control their kids. A few years ago, I got to share a bus with a woman who's youngest was screaming his head off, and even hitting her. She did nothing (though she may have done something when they got back to their room). But everyone on the bus was giving each other looks, with raised eyebrows. Even talked about it after she got off the bus.

Just simply people being rude and inconsiderate. It's just so sad.

Dragongirlx
03-18-2009, 05:00 AM
For me its people who leave a huge gap in line when waiting for a line furstrating all those behind them.
Yes I understnd that you want to talk to your friend/ family or look around but please pay attention when the line moves and don't get annoyed at me when I ask you nicely for the third time to please move up

BedknobsandBroomsticks
03-18-2009, 08:57 AM
I agree with many here. Mine are smaller and take like 10 seconds to do.
1. People who don't wipe the table at a counter service area when they are done. Yes, I know, Disney pays people to do that, but they are not always able to get to it right away. I always take a napkin and wipe the table when my brood is done. Common courtesy right?!?

2. People who leave a mess on or in toilet seat, you know what I mean! For goodness sake "be a sweetie, wipe the seatie". My kids laugh, say this rhyme and then do it. Manners matter. It takes 2 seconds to do it.

I have seen some of the greatest acts of kindness and manners at WDW too, though. These peeves occur everywhere, not just there.:ack:

Mickey91
03-18-2009, 10:11 AM
[quote=cfoshe;1850875]

QUOTE]

While I don't have a problem with your thought per se, I think that what may look like a "healthy" person on the outside, may not be. I am 39 and have rheumatoid arthritis, mainly in my hands and feet. I look perfectly "healthy" on the outside, but most days have pain and stiffness in those joints and incredible fatigue. Sitting on the bus helps me deal with the exertion that WDW requires. "Healthy" people may need the seats as well, just for hidden reasons.

Sorry, just my pet peeve.
:ditto:

I get tired of people using ECV's to cut in line. I realize that most people using ECVs have a good reason. But, like most everything else, it is the few that abuse that make it a sore point. I too get annoyed when I have stood in a very long line to wait on a bus and someone in a wheelchair or ECV comes up at the last minute with twenty relatives and takes most of the bus. If this happened once, it would be fine. But, some days the first bus goes, then by the time the second bus comes there is another ECV and family. I hope I never have to be in an ECV to enjoy Disney World and my heart goes out to those who have physical problems that require them to use one. But, just because I don't have the physical limitations that require me to use an ECV doesn't mean that I have the physical stamina to wait an hour for a bus nor is it fair for me or my children to be deprived of our Disney time when those in the ECV can for the most part, go to the front of any ride line while I am again waiting. I think one solution should be to limit the number of additional guests getting to board the bus out of line to 5. Of course there are some exceptions to every rule but this would be more fair than for an entire group of 20 to get the bus ahead of the 100 people waiting for the last 30 min. simply because they have one ECV in the group. I'll get off my soap box now. I guess you know my pet peeve.:blush:

baby minnie's mommy
03-18-2009, 03:46 PM
My pet peeve is one I don't usually see mentioned. When people stand so close behind me in line that they keep bumping my diaper bag or me. It's not gonna get you on the ride quicker! And I'm not eager to smell someone's sweat from standing that close.

Keasmom
03-18-2009, 03:56 PM
[quote=BethieTink;1850960]
:ditto:

I get tired of people using ECV's to cut in line. I realize that most people using ECVs have a good reason. But, like most everything else, it is the few that abuse that make it a sore point. I too get annoyed when I have stood in a very long line to wait on a bus and someone in a wheelchair or ECV comes up at the last minute with twenty relatives and takes most of the bus. If this happened once, it would be fine. But, some days the first bus goes, then by the time the second bus comes there is another ECV and family. I hope I never have to be in an ECV to enjoy Disney World and my heart goes out to those who have physical problems that require them to use one. But, just because I don't have the physical limitations that require me to use an ECV doesn't mean that I have the physical stamina to wait an hour for a bus nor is it fair for me or my children to be deprived of our Disney time when those in the ECV can for the most part, go to the front of any ride line while I am again waiting. I think one solution should be to limit the number of additional guests getting to board the bus out of line to 5. Of course there are some exceptions to every rule but this would be more fair than for an entire group of 20 to get the bus ahead of the 100 people waiting for the last 30 min. simply because they have one ECV in the group. I'll get off my soap box now. I guess you know my pet peeve.:blush:

I understand that frustration and have seen this very thing happen. I did not like it when 1 ECV pulled up with 14 teenagers. Load the ECV and let half of the teens wait for the next bus. Limits would be fine as most of you are going to the same place and will only be a few minutes apart. I do not like the abuse of the ECV's, and I have seen that first hand. Limit it and do a better job of verifying the need so that cheaters don't sneak thru.

I understand that MS, Diabetes, osteoporosis, scoliosis, fibromyalgia, etc are debilitating, painful and require and ECV, but a teeny bopper in the parks with their friends goofing off and cheating-that is a wrong on too many levels.

These are all great, keep them coming.

civilmousefan
03-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Regarding the ECV and additional guests - I heard the grandaughter of an ECV user tell her grandmother - 'We sure are lucky that you need a wheelchair!' Also the lack of patience for people in lines or in the holding areas immediately before entering a theatre. Some people don't realize that once you are in the holding area - there will be room for all once the next show is about to start but still push and shove their way to the front.

BamaJenn
03-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Some of my (many) pet peeves:

1) Smokers who don't smoke in the designated smoking areas and instead subject all the people around them to their smoke

2) The "stop in the middle" people that Keasmom mentioned (man is that a big one for us)

3) People in a stand by line who complain as FP holders walk by them in the queue next to them

4) Second part to 3)... those same people who then complain "I don't think it's right that you can pay more for a special ticket so you get to walk on all the rides."

5) People who pretend they know what they are talking about when it comes to things at WDW (see 4)

Disney Doll
03-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Smoking and littering are my big two. It's just a complete lack of consideration for anyone besides yourself.

SBETigg
03-19-2009, 08:24 AM
People wearing so much fragrance that you get a headache just from standing next to them in line. If I can smell you from a foot away, you're wearing too much.

BugeyedMuggy
03-19-2009, 09:52 AM
1. cranky parents
2. people who put strollers on a seat when the bus is full
3. when the bus is full and parents with little kids don't put the little one on their laps.
4. People who wait in a long line, then when they reach the register, start to yell across everyone to ask what people in their party want to eat.

Keasmom
03-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Smoking and littering are my big two. It's just a complete lack of consideration for anyone besides yourself.

Well, as a smoker, I think as long as we stay in our designated area, it is okay. Walking around in a "puff and stroll" fashion is totally unacceptable.

1. cranky parents

LOL, agreed
2. people who put strollers on a seat when the bus is full, agreed
3. when the bus is full and parents with little kids don't put the little one on their laps.

I agree with that, I always. hold mine and if the bus is real full, we both stand.
4. People who wait in a long line, then when they reach the register, start to yell across everyone to ask what people in their party want to eat.

Yeah, decide and write a list for the person ordering and make it easier for us all

Keasmom
03-20-2009, 02:02 PM
People wearing so much fragrance that you get a headache just from standing next to them in line. If I can smell you from a foot away, you're wearing too much.

I am very guilty on this one. If I cannot smell my own perfume, I must not have enough on. Sorry, I will scale it back. But my issue with smells is exactly opposite-people who do not bathe or use soap and deoderant. I have smelled some seriously foul people (mostly europeans) and been so nauseated. Soap is in every hotel room people, USE IT.

oliver&bianca
03-20-2009, 03:58 PM
People who are pushing their 8 year old children around in a stroller. They're big kids now, they should learn to walk. If they're tired, they can sit. As my best friend says, "if they're wearing make-up and heels, they shouldn't be in a stroller."

I am sorry you feel this way because I was one of those pushing an 8 yr old in a stroller!! He is small for his age, and he has to take 2 steps to our 1 step. So if we walk 5 miles, he is walking 10 miles. If I want to pay the $$ for him to not have severe leg aches and to be able to keep up with us, it is worth enduring the judgment of others.

SBETigg
03-20-2009, 04:10 PM
I am very guilty on this one. If I cannot smell my own perfume, I must not have enough on. Sorry, I will scale it back. But my issue with smells is exactly opposite-people who do not bathe or use soap and deoderant. I have smelled some seriously foul people (mostly europeans) and been so nauseated. Soap is in every hotel room people, USE IT.

Yes, that's pretty bad, too. I don't find it to be mostly Europeans, but no one wants to smell body odor.

You're very sweet to offer to scale back on the perfumes. I have allergies and standing next to heavily-fragranced people isn't just a nuisance, it's an actual health risk. It's a migraine and an asthma trigger for me. If you bathe regularly, then you don't need to go too heavy on the fragrance.

I like the Queer Eye guys general rule of fragrance application, "spray, stay, and walk away." Spray it in the air, let it start to settle, and walk through the mist. You don't actually have to spray it on your skin. Walking through a mist delivers just the right touch to let you smell pretty without making other people cringe. And rubbing it in to the skin actually bruises the fragrance. Besides, it's nice that the people you actually want to share the perfume aroma with have to get closer to you to get the enchanting effect. ;)

magicofdisney
03-20-2009, 04:34 PM
2. People who leave a mess on or in toilet seat, you know what I mean! For goodness sake "be a sweetie, wipe the seatie". My kids laugh, say this rhyme and then do it. Manners matter. It takes 2 seconds to do it.
This brought back memories for me. When I was a kid, I remember a sign hanging up in the ladies room at my mom's job.

If you sprinkle
When you tinkle,
Please be sweet
And make it neat.

:)

tony2979
03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
The ECV thing makes me crazy.

I'm sure I won't gain any popularity points for this, but it is beyond me, why a person who would need a ECV would choose a walking intensive location like Disney World for a vacation? I'm not talking about people with diseases that prevent them from walking period. I'm talking about the 80 year old man on oxygen and the person who weighs 400 pounds (though that might be the results of a disease, but I think we all know that isn't always/usually the case). Seriously, if you are a child with down syndrome, I will personally knock people out of the way for you to be able to get through on you ECV.....If you, as a result of not taking care of yourself, decide that walking would be too much of strain....go somewhere you don't have to walk. If you are elderly.....is a destination that is well known to require from 5-10 miles of walking a day really for you?

I don't mean to offend anyone, and like I said....I know this isn't a real popular opinion...but thats what I think. I have the same view on handicap parking spaces in front of malls. Really? You can walk around the mall, but you can't walk from a normal parking space? My wife thinks I'm a complete jerk for my take on this type of thing.

showmethemouse
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
I can agree with most of you guys.
1- The bus with wheelchair or ecv people
2- People who have very bad body odor.
3- People who leave a mess behind in the bathroom or at a table they wouldn't do it at home why do it when you are out.

my pet peeves is :
is the buses my sister and me have knee problems but we don't use a wheelchair. So you can imagine how we feel at the end of the day waking around the park and then having to wait for a bus for 20 or 30 mins. To have someone in a wheelchair or a ecv with there family of 10 and get right on the bus.

There was one night when we was waiting for 20 mins for a bus and a person in a wheelchair with is family rolled up. They were last in line a long line of trier people.When the bus pulled up it was almost full. the bus driver got off and open the side door for the man in the wheelchair to got on. (but this was the surprising part)It was when the bus driver told some of the people on the bus that they had to got off os he could get the man in the wheelchair on. So about 10 people got off and the man in the wheelchair and his family got on. The people who got off had to wait for another bus because the bus driver started to let the people in the front of the line get on. So how **** do you think we all was at this point.

I THINK DISNEY NEED TO ACCOMMODATE WHEELCHAIR AND ECV AND STROLLER IN ANOTHER WAY . I THINK THEY NEED THERE OWN BUS

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-20-2009, 11:47 PM
I can agree with most of you guys.
1- The bus with wheelchair or ecv people
2- People who have very bad body odor.
3- People who leave a mess behind in the bathroom or at a table they wouldn't do it at home why do it when you are out.

my pet peeves is :
is the buses my sister and me have knee problems but we don't use a wheelchair. So you can imagine how we feel at the end of the day waking around the park and then having to wait for a bus for 20 or 30 mins. To have someone in a wheelchair or a ecv with there family of 10 and get right on the bus.

There was one night when we was waiting for 20 mins for a bus and a person in a wheelchair with is family rolled up. They were last in line a long line of trier people.When the bus pulled up it was almost full. the bus driver got off and open the side door for the man in the wheelchair to got on. (but this was the surprising part)It was when the bus driver told some of the people on the bus that they had to got off os he could get the man in the wheelchair on. So about 10 people got off and the man in the wheelchair and his family got on. The people who got off had to wait for another bus because the bus driver started to let the people in the front of the line get on. So how **** do you think we all was at this point.

I THINK DISNEY NEED TO ACCOMMODATE WHEELCHAIR AND ECV AND STROLLER IN ANOTHER WAY . I THINK THEY NEED THERE OWN BUS

Yes, by all means, segregate the people in wheel chairs & ECV's & strollers. So instead of taking a couple of minutes to load ONE OR TWO on a bus, take 45 to 60 minutes to fill that bus up. Are you serious? Don't you think that the majority of the people in the wheelchairs and their family members would give anything for that person to BE able to stand in line. I bet they'd be willing to trade places with you in a heart beat. We've heard all the comments from able bodied people and we don't stand there and ignore it. These people are handicapped. Deal with it. And as for not going to the parks because you are handicapped??? Why should they be excluded? Should they not be allowed to go to the mall because that's too much walking? After all, you can stay home and shop on the internet.

And pushing the 8 year old in the stroller? Well my nephew has a very rare form of anemia. Sometimes he has lots of energy and other times he can't put one foot in front of the other. So if he wants to ride in a stroller, he's gonna ride in a stroller.

As the saying goes, walk a mile in the other person's shoes (or wheelchair or stroller.) Until you or someone you love has a situation like this, you can't really judge them.

Do I agree that 20 people should get on the bus because 1 person is in a wheelchair? Not necessarily but why should they have to split their party up? Yes they are all going to the same place, but maybe the person in the wheelchair needs help getting into bed. That could potentially take more than one person to help them. Who are we to judge what they need or are comfortable with?
sorry for the rant but been there done that!

showmethemouse
03-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes, by all means, segregate the people in wheel chairs & ECV's & strollers. So instead of taking a couple of minutes to load ONE OR TWO on a bus, take 45 to 60 minutes to fill that bus up. Are you serious? Don't you think that the majority of the people in the wheelchairs and their family members would give anything for that person to BE able to stand in line. I bet they'd be willing to trade places with you in a heart beat. We've heard all the comments from able bodied people and we don't stand there and ignore it. These people are handicapped. Deal with it. And as for not going to the parks because you are handicapped??? Why should they be excluded? Should they not be allowed to go to the mall because that's too much walking? After all, you can stay home and shop on the internet.

And pushing the 8 year old in the stroller? Well my nephew has a very rare form of anemia. Sometimes he has lots of energy and other times he can't put one foot in front of the other. So if he wants to ride in a stroller, he's gonna ride in a stroller.

As the saying goes, walk a mile in the other person's shoes (or wheelchair or stroller.) Until you or someone you love has a situation like this, you can't really judge them.

Do I agree that 20 people should get on the bus because 1 person is in a wheelchair? Not necessarily but why should they have to split their party up? Yes they are all going to the same place, but maybe the person in the wheelchair needs help getting into bed. That could potentially take more than one person to help them. Who are we to judge what they need or are comfortable with?
sorry for the rant but been there done that!

Well then they should have to waiting in line like every one else they shouldn't get special accommodation like getting on the bus first.when other people have ben waiting for a long time. That's Why I said I THINK DISNEY NEED TO ACCOMMODATE WHEELCHAIR AND ECV AND STROLLER IN ANOTHER WAY . I THINK THEY NEED THERE OWN BUS

Jeff
03-21-2009, 11:45 AM
Ok. That's enough.
Once again a pet peeve thread turns absolutely offensive. Thread closed!

Lighten up and enjoy life!