PDA

View Full Version : Theme Park Tickets

4ubie1
03-17-2009, 10:23 AM
Sorry to pose this topic again if it was recently covered but I have a few questions about theme park tickets. I have always just bought them in a package with my room but this time around I was thinking of buying my vacation in parts to ease the cost of everything. So:

1. If I buy my tickets at my local Disney store, do they ever expire if I don't use them?..aka How long do I have to hold on to them? :confused:

2. If ticket prices should go up (heaven forbid!:(), can I still use the tickets I bought at the lower rate?

I was thinking of going to WDW next January but things might happen between now and then that might push the visit back. I just want to make sure my tickets won't be wasted should that happen. Thanks for the Info!:thumbsup:

DizneyRox
03-17-2009, 10:27 AM
1. No, they DO NOT expire. They are good until 14 days after you put them through a turnstyle for the first time. Until you use them, they are good forever.
2. Yes, it's always good to buy tickets as early as your can afford them. Tickets WILL NOT go down in price, most certainly will go up, this year included.

joonyer
03-17-2009, 10:33 AM
1. If I buy my tickets at my local Disney store, do they ever expire if I don't use them?..aka How long do I have to hold on to them? :confused:

2. If ticket prices should go up (heaven forbid!:(), can I still use the tickets I bought at the lower rate?

:thumbsup:

1. Your tickets will not expire before you use them. Even the expiring MYW park passes are good for 14 days from their first use (park entry), so until you use them the first time, they remain just as good as the day you bought them.

2. Price increases in the future will not affect your ability to use old passes purchased prior to the price increase. At least this has always been Disney's policy in the past. You could use non-expired tickets from 10 years ago if you still have them. That makes it a good idea to purchase passes in advance as long as you know you will use them eventually. After all, prices are not likely to ever go down.