PDA

View Full Version : AKL Concierge Safaris

Friend of Figment
03-16-2009, 08:04 PM
The other thread got me thinking about this.

We are going to be at AKL Concierge in December. Will it work out to do the Sunset Safari the day we check in? We will be there 4 nights after a Disney cruise and a a day at Kennedy Space Center.
My thought (based on the days we'll be there and the the scedule of the safaris) is to do evening Safari the day we check in and the Sunrise Safari the day we are checking out. Is that doable?
Only on Intercot would people understand my burning need to know this 8 months ahead of our trip!:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
03-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I do believe you can do both. Our family wanted to do this and my sister also wanted her family to go, but she could not swing the cost of the club room, so none of us went just to keep the peace!

TammiMcMan
03-16-2009, 11:07 PM
My thought (based on the days we'll be there and the the scedule of the safaris) is to do evening Safari the day we check in and the Sunrise Safari the day we are checking out. Is that doable?Doable, yes. You wouldn't have any problem with the sunset safari, but the sunrise will have you hopping. Considering it's your last day, you might want to ask for late check-out (1pm). Otherwise, you'll be meeting very early in the morning for the safari in AK, then have your breakfast buffet and get back to the hotel in order to check out by 11am.

Friend of Figment
03-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Thanks!

I hadn't thought of a late check out. That is a good idea.

ThanxForNoticin
03-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Something I'm not clear on, but you'll need to consider. What day of the week is your last day? I apologize if you already know this, but the Sunrise Safari only runs twice each week. I believe it's on Thursday and Sunday mornings. If those days match your check-out days, I think doing Sunrise Safari is a great idea. Actually, Sunrise Safari is one of our favorite things to do in all of Disney - a long, relaxed, and informative trip through Kilamanjaro, followed by an amazing breakfast.

And for the record - 8 months in advance is not too far out for us either!! We'd be planning just as much! Have a great time!

Friend of Figment
03-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, we're checking out on a Thursday so it should all line up.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only advance planner. I was just figuring out what night we could go MVMCP - fortunately it will be exactly the night I wanted it to be (12/8) so we won't be out late and then getting up early to safari.

hlkeck
03-17-2009, 08:56 PM
I found that almost no one made it out to the scheduled meeting place at the scheduled meeting time for the sunrise safari...and we left 15-20 min late (don't know if that is normal, but it was our experience). If you have kids - make sure they have something to do while you wait downstairs for the sleepyheads...