PDA

View Full Version : Construction in MK {Tomorrowland}

Celestria
03-16-2009, 07:34 PM
has anyone heard anything about the construction going on in tomorrowland? i heard something about stitch, but i wondered if anyone else knew.

also... if this has been discussed somewhere and i missed it please direct me to the right direction.

Ian
03-16-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah, supposedly they're adding some new Stitch stage show or something.

Honestly, it must be pretty lame because there's been like zero press about it.

medic9016
03-16-2009, 08:24 PM
It's called Stitchs Supersonic Show. Like Ian said not much press about it.

lindique
03-16-2009, 08:29 PM
I was told that the Stitch show would be using the technology from Turtle Talk, combined with other live entertainment. I don't know how valid this information was.

In addition, they are also dismantling the theater that was in Tomorrowland and re-doing the restrooms. There's a lot of construction walls up right now!

Figment!
03-16-2009, 09:24 PM
The construction walls are for the construction of a new permanent stage and the demolition of the Galaxy Palace Theater.

From Tidbits January 2009 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=148051&highlight=Tidbits)
A Stitch Stage

1/7/09 Construction permits have been filed and work has begun for a new stage in Tommorowland. According to the permits, the new stage will be called “Magical Celebrations Stage”. Entertainment Cast have reported that the stage will be initially used for the forthcoming Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration show.

Here's the most detailed description for the new show from a press release:

"Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration" Dance Party Debuts

He’s the Guru of Gross-Out, the Maker of Mischief. Now, everybody’s favorite galactic pal stars in "Stitch’s SuperSonic Celebration," a high-energy, retro-futuristic music video dance party in Magic Kingdom. The fun features Stitch, an interactive dance troupe and a DJ celebration host who invites all Tommorowland guests to come party, dance and celebrate.

Celestria
03-16-2009, 11:39 PM
but if this stage show is at the old stage by buzz then what's being built in front of the old skyway building...

or did someone already answer this?

GothMickey
03-17-2009, 08:28 AM
Yeah, supposedly they're adding some new Stitch stage show or something.

Honestly, it must be pretty lame because there's been like zero press about it.

Ian, that is not totally true. There has been plenty of buzz online about it, and several Disney official releases about it. Just because it hasn't been posted here doesn't mean they haven't release anything about it. I think people are choosing to ignore all the information about it cause it sounds like a bad addition to Tomorrowland.

Ian
03-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Ian, that is not totally true. There has been plenty of buzz online about it, and several Disney official releases about it. Just because it hasn't been posted here doesn't mean they haven't release anything about it. I think people are choosing to ignore all the information about it cause it sounds like a bad addition to Tomorrowland.Okay, maybe saying there was "zero" press about it was a bit of an overstatement, but I certainly feel confident saying there's very little buzz.

Typically, when a new anything is being added, the fan communities light up.

I think you're right, though, that it seems like a silly addition to Tomorrowland. Stitch is like 5 years past his prime.

GothMickey
03-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Okay, maybe saying there was "zero" press about it was a bit of an overstatement, but I certainly feel confident saying there's very little buzz.

Typically, when a new anything is being added, the fan communities light up.

I think you're right, though, that it seems like a silly addition to Tomorrowland. Stitch is like 5 years past his prime.

There is buzz online, but, you are right, not a ton. Maybe not like in the past, but there is buzz. Mostly negative though, and probably rightfully so. We'll see.

Figment!
03-17-2009, 12:57 PM
but if this stage show is at the old stage It's not.

The Magical Celebrations Stage is what's being built in the new location.

brownie
03-17-2009, 01:43 PM
I'm alright with adding a stage show in Tomorrowland. At least they are still doing something.

chrisb26
03-17-2009, 02:44 PM
The Galaxy Theater is almost totally gone now very little if anything remains of it. The Stitch Supersonic Celebration stage is being built next to Carousel of Progress in front of the old Skyway ride that used to run from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

Apparently the Stitch show will be like Turtle Talk with Crush and Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor. Personally I don't know why they need two stitch attractions in one land but maybe thats just me.

BamaJenn
03-17-2009, 02:50 PM
but if this stage show is at the old stage by buzz then what's being built in front of the old skyway building...

or did someone already answer this?

The Stitch show is going in front of the old Skyway building. The space between COP and Buzz is actually being turned into additional CM parking (sad but true). At first I didn't believe it but it's been verified by reliable sources in the media.

GothMickey
03-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Personally I don't know why they need two stitch attractions in one land but maybe thats just me.

1. Management has no imagination anymore.

2. They like to run charcaters that have had their time in the spotlight into the ground.

3. Disney surveys say people want MORE Stitch not less.

I am kidding with the third one. But, I wouldn't doubt that would be one of the excuses given for more Stitch.

Ian
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Think about how ridiculous this is ... they're building a Stitch attraction that uses Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor technology directly across from another Stitch attraction and directly next to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

And this seemed like a good idea to someone?? :confused:

dudeman1975
03-17-2009, 04:53 PM
A stitch theater across from a stitch attraction, and not a very good one at that rate. The attraction may not have many seats as Disney wants people to interact with the characters.

Celestria
03-17-2009, 04:59 PM
ok.. i get it now. a parking lot.... doesn't the train go by there though? (i've only been on the train 1 time in the past 5 years)

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Think about how ridiculous this is ... they're building a Stitch attraction that uses Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor technology directly across from another Stitch attraction and directly next to Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor.

Like gothmickey said, no imagination anymore... I used to like Stitch, but I am now sick of him...

LauraleeH
03-17-2009, 08:20 PM
Noooo mooooree Stiiiitch :sick::sick::ack::sick::sick:

lindique
03-17-2009, 08:28 PM
I saw a Stitch show at DL Paris last year. Same technology as Turtle Talk. I didn't like it at all and couldn't wait for it to end (and I love Turtle Talk). In addition, I could hardly understand anything Stitch said - and the show was in English (they alternate English and French speaking shows). I sure hope this new one will be better than that.

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2009, 10:07 PM
I saw a Stitch show at DL Paris last year. Same technology as Turtle Talk. I didn't like it at all and couldn't wait for it to end (and I love Turtle Talk). In addition, I could hardly understand anything Stitch said - and the show was in English (they alternate English and French speaking shows). I sure hope this new one will be better than that.

it is going to feature more celebrations in the MK.. that means, more loud and obnoxious DJs and dancing.. AGH!!! I

GothMickey
03-18-2009, 08:16 AM
The concept art makes it look like something out of an Austin Powers movie.

Mickey91
03-18-2009, 08:16 AM

But Ian, these are the same people plowing down part of the MK not to add more fun but more staff parking. It kind of fits the mentallity.

Mickey91
03-18-2009, 08:18 AM
ok.. i get it now. a parking lot.... doesn't the train go by there though? (i've only been on the train 1 time in the past 5 years)
Yes, it does go by but I don't think you really see it. They'll just make a new state of the wall for us to see instead. Or add a line to the monologue and make it a behind the scenes trip!:D

BamaJenn
03-18-2009, 02:51 PM
The train doesn't go by there, well... it does but not directly in it's line of sight. The TTA had windows that looked out into that spot but they've been covered up and will now remain that way. Slowly all things the TTA saw on it's journey are being covered or disappearing.

Skippy
03-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Noooo mooooree Stiiiitch :sick::sick::ack::sick::sick:

Why does Disney insist on shoving Stitch down our throat. He is the Simpson's Poochy of Disney.

CaptainSad
03-24-2009, 09:46 PM
So if the Galaxy Theater is gone. Does that mean, Mickey's "Twas the Night Before Christmas" is history? I mean you pay $50 + dollars for MVMCP and now they take some thing else out.

"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot; Hey now now, don't it always seem to go; That you don't know what you got till it's gone; They paved paradise to put up a parking lot"

Disney is slowly dying I'm afraid...

JPL
03-24-2009, 10:30 PM
I have heard 2 conflicting bits of information about Mickey's "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and tend to believe the second one more. First I heard it will be moving to the Disney Studios to enhance their Holiday offerings since the Jolly Hollywood Parde is now gone. Then I heard that it was being retired until it can be relocated within the Magic Kingdom.

DizneyFreak2002
03-24-2009, 10:47 PM
I have heard 2 conflicting bits of information about Mickey's "Twas the Night Before Christmas" and tend to believe the second one more. First I heard it will be moving to the Disney Studios to enhance their Holiday offerings since the Jolly Hollywood Parde is now gone. Then I heard that it was being retired until it can be relocated within the Magic Kingdom.

Couldn't the show be relocated to the Castle Stage?? I got it... I am thinking like Disney management here: BUILD A STAGE IN THE MIDDLE OF FANTASYLAND!!!!!!!!!

JPL
03-24-2009, 11:03 PM
They already have castle stage show "Celebrate the Season" so they couldn't move it there with out taking that away and interferring with the regular daily castle shows. I'm sure they are just hoping not many complain and they figure hey they will still come it's the Christmas Season one little stage won't hurt us we're Disney.

Ian
03-25-2009, 07:12 AM
They typically throw a temporary stage up in Magic Kingdom for Magic Music Days and the like. I'm sure they'll just move Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas there.

Venus0880
03-27-2009, 10:41 AM
On one hand, at least this is not yet another meet 'n greet. Maybe other parts of tomorrowland will be less crowded once it opens.

But, I am far from excited from this attraction. Could the money not be better spent? Seriously. I am tragically disappointed.:confused:

DANAM
03-31-2009, 11:21 PM
This post is depressing!!!

I'm kind of over Stitch my kids love him but I can see him at 'Ohana's and actually we love Lilo more. Where is she?

No 'twas the night before Christmas! I'll be so upset. We are going to MVMCP for the first time and I was looking forward to this.

EMPLOYEE PARKING!!!! Is this what I'm paying for and what about all the property Disney has? Why not put there employee's there! No offense to employees just Disney Exec's!!!

BMan62
04-01-2009, 12:36 PM
This post is depressing!!!

I'm kind of over Stitch my kids love him but I can see him at 'Ohana's and actually we love Lilo more. Where is she?

No 'twas the night before Christmas! I'll be so upset. We are going to MVMCP for the first time and I was looking forward to this.

EMPLOYEE PARKING!!!! Is this what I'm paying for and what about all the property Disney has? Why not put there employee's there! No offense to employees just Disney Exec's!!!

We always see Lilo and Stitch at the DVC booth across from Pizzafari in AK.