PDA

View Full Version : How are the busses at POFQ?

Gregandmel
03-16-2009, 02:59 PM
We are thinking about staying at POFQ on our next trip and wondered how the busses are? What other stops do they make? We stayed at WL last year and the bus usually picked us up first, then went to GF and one other (can't remember which one). Just curious to know how many stops it makes before it heads to the parks. Thanks!

sleepingbooty
03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
On our stay there, we remarked about how good the bus service was. They only stop there, and at POR, however - they pick you up first (so you always get a seat - not so when we stayed at POR), and they drop you off first when you go back. At the end of the night, they have their own bus going back, and it was always less of a line that the POR bus.

dumbo_buddy
03-16-2009, 03:49 PM
we just got back on saturday night. we had a great bus experience overall. however, there were a few mornings when we were trying to get to rope drop at 9am where we got to the bus stop at 8am and STILL didn't make it. that happened twice. but honestly, there were TONS of times when we were EXHAUSTED at night and there was a bus waiting for us. so i still give it an A.

Tigerinvestigator
03-16-2009, 04:25 PM
IMHO POFQ is one of the best resorts for bus service. Also love the short walks to the rooms.:thumbsup:

JavaDuck
03-17-2009, 01:59 AM
We stayed at POFQ last August and thought the bus service was great. We never waited more than 15 minutes for a bus. Like other posters said, POFQ is the first stop before the bus heads to POR. If the bus if full enough it often skips POR and heads straight to its designated park. At night, the bus (even with POR and POFQ each having their own buses) can be crowded.

Overall, I would give the bus service from POFQ an A-. We're hoping it is just as good for our return trip this summer.

#1donaldfan
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
...your getting some good info, but I didn't see it mentioned that once your on the bus and it heads over to Riverside there are an additional 4 depots it's gonna stop at.....now granted it only takes about 5 minutes to go through all those.....yes about 5 minutes unless there's a scooter or wheelchair.....we always stay at the Riverside, and love it, love the transportation....so you should have no problems....:thumbsup:

Mousemates
03-17-2009, 03:50 PM
as others have said...the bus service at POFQ gets a big :thumbsup:...don't recall stopping at POR (per previous poster), but when we were there it was during the peak of the holiday season on new years eve (or maybe I just wasn't paying all that much attention :mike: ).

Hull-onian
03-17-2009, 06:29 PM
We've always had good luck at POFQ, until the day our bus broke down exiting the driveway. Anyways, it hobbled to POR, we got off, and another bus came right away. But, if you want to be somewhere in a reasonable amount time, a taxi is a good option. We used taxi's on the previous trip. Works for me :).

Crow
03-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Ill let you know after my stay Easter wk.