PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journey vs AAA discounts?

Gregandmel
03-15-2009, 08:15 PM
We are AAA members and when we planned our trip to WDW last October (stayed at WL), went through AAA to book. I see SO MANY great posts about using MJ that I just wondered if it would be better to book through MJ, or AAA? Are the discounts comparable? Anyone know? Thanks! (We thought our trip in October would be our "one and only trip" for many years to come....however.....I couldn't wait to start planning our next one!!! It can't come soon enough!)

CleveRocks
03-15-2009, 08:34 PM
if you are booking a room-only reservation (as opposed to a package), you don't need to book through AAA in order to get the AAA discount. But if you book a package, it must be through AAA.

You can book a room-only through MJ and still use the AAA discount.

AAA is the only travel company that has a special deal with Disney. They offer members an actual percentage off Disney's rates. MJ can't do that. MJ doesn't have a deal with Disney to give its customers a percentage off the room rate.

However, if there is any special promotion going on, be advised that Disney's promotions/sales are often a better deal than the AAA discount. And since you can never combine discounts, you'd have to pick one or the other. In other words, if Disney offers a great "sale," there is no price advantage to booking through AAA as opposed to MJ or any other travel agency.

ibrowse17
03-15-2009, 08:50 PM
In the past using MJ, Wendy ( Wendy rocks:mickey: ) has used either our AP or AAA to get us which ever was the better discount. I have found that I'd much rather deal with MJ than AAA as far as Disney goes. I also have found that the AP discount has been better for room only, which is all we have needed. I would talk to MJ and see what they can do for you:thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
03-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Also, Magical Journeys will keep an eye out for any better discount and automatically apply it for you. Some AAA offices wil do this for you, but many will not and you will have to stay on top of any additional discounts and then contact them and have them apply it for you which puts the pressure of getting the best deal back on you.

NotaGeek
03-16-2009, 02:26 AM
And ... Magical Journey's is an AWESOME partner of INTERCOT, and the business you give them helps out our site! MJ ROCKS!

mrsgaribaldi
03-16-2009, 04:33 AM
We always use Magical Journeys now!!! They are awesome. DH used to book everything on his own, now he just emails MJs and we are set:thumbsup:

PetefromRI
03-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Do yourself a favor,use MJ.We've used them quite a few times now and they really are the best at what they do.Now if only they could get us a free upgrade to the Poly?

motherof4
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
we used aaa for the first time this year for our august trip because it was 60.00 cheaper last year we went with magical journeys I hope I didn't make a mistake

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-27-2009, 11:16 PM
MJ will also let you know when to make your ADRs, make sure you remember to sign up for Magical Express etc.

tinksmom02
03-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Our Jan 2007 trip was through AAA. I feel that we paid an exorbitant amount of money for everything. When we went again that Sept, we used MJ...our trip was much, much less. This might apply to my AAA office only, but I felt it was difficult to connect with my travel agent when I needed to or just had a question. Terrisue, on the other hand, is always to quick to respond and never makes me feel as though my questions are dumb (which I'm sure they often are!). I'm happy to refer anyone I know planning a trip to her and MJ!

Dopey's Girl
03-28-2009, 11:29 PM
As long as you aren't booking a AAA package, you really can do both. All of my trips are booked through MJ (Count me as another fan of Wendy!), and most of them have been with a AAA discount. You will get the AAA discount, while getting to work with the best agents in the business. My AAA office is useless...they are difficult to get a hold of, and unless you ask them specific questions, they don't offer any suggestions. MJ is great...they are helpful, prompt, and most of all they are fun to work with! All that and they can help you save money too...in my book, there is no contest. It's MJ all the way!!!

mickeefan
03-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Another big fan of Wendy.:thanks:.
MJ is so much on top of everything Disney. We always start out with AAA room only and work from there. Currently we have a great bounceback reservation.
When this new free dining came out, before I even knew it existed, she sent us an email informing us of our options and had actually compared the prices against what we already have. As it turns out our present reservation is best for us and what we stayed with, but it's so refreshing to know she is looking at every discount that comes out to see where she can save us money and/or provide more benefits.

Daddy Mouse
03-29-2009, 12:34 PM
We made our original reservations using a AAA discount. We didn't go thru AAA. We then transferred our reservations to MJ. I know they can offer deals when they come out. I don't have the time during the day to be looking for discounts. They have been wonderful in answering any questions we have.

HJL413
03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
Magical Journeys is the best. I am currently involved with Magical Journeys for the first time. Kathy makes me feel like I am her most special client even when she is super busy. You will have access to all discounts and can change choices if something better comes along. Give Magical Journeys a call

HARRY