PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan Question

Mary Chase
03-15-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm debating adding on the standard dining plan for my trip in November. I saw the new quick service plan and am wondering if that might be better for us because we don't do enough table service (but the cost seems kind of like a rip off because it's only $10 cheaper than the standard plan for adults). I have heard that you can trade in your table service credits for counter service and was wondering how you go about doing that. And if you do it, do you only get one quick service for one table service credit? Any help on this would be appreciated. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
03-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Some places may allow you to use a TS credit for a QS meal but that's the exception, not the rule. You would need to speak to someone at the CS location. If it is allowed it would be a one for one exchange.

You are right that the QS plan is not too much of a value, if any. If you lean towards QS meals but want to throw in a TS here or there, you might want to consider paying out of pocket. You can check out online menus to see what you are looking at cost wise vs what you would pay for the plans.

PetefromRI
03-15-2009, 02:41 PM
We find that it's not a bad deal.You get 2 snacks instead of 1 and you get the refillable mug,and don't forget,on the regular plan you'll have to leave a tip for the TS meal which could easily run another 5.00-10.00 per person.That's kind of the killer for us when they stopped including the tip on the regular DDP.

GoofyGirl18
03-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Personally, I would stick with the regular DDP. I've crunched the numbers a bunch of different ways & the QSDP doesn't make much sense. The only benefit I could see in it is that you've already paid ahead & then don't have to worry about paying for the food when you're actually there. On the QSDP, you may not even break even.

texasteacher
03-23-2009, 10:03 PM
I love sitting down to a nice table service dinner, so I always go with the regular DDP.