PDA

View Full Version : Room for airbeds in 2 bedroom villas???

ldc12377
03-15-2009, 12:39 PM
We are staying at BCV for the first time in May/June. There are 8 of us all together in a 2 bedroom villa....DH, myself, and our three kids DS10, DD8, and DS3...my mom....my brother and his DD16. Our plan was for DH, DS3, and I sleep in King bed, my brother and DD16 will get the "studio" part of the villa because they will be coming and going at times that we may be sleeping so they won't disturb our sleep, and my mom will get the sleeper sofa in the living room. We had planned on bringing an airbed for DS10 and DD8 to share. We bought a queen sized but after looking at some pictures of the villas I'm wondering if it will fit. Is there space anywhere for a queen sized airbed or should we bring a twin or two? If we need to bring the twin is there room somewhere for two different ones or should we plan on one kid sleeping with grandma and just bring one twin sized? This is our first trip as DVC members and we are still trying to figure this all out.

sassafras
03-15-2009, 01:10 PM
Don't know how the 2 bdrm villas are, but we've stayed in a studio and there wouldn't be room for a queen sized air bed if you plan on using the pull out couch. There's just not that much extra floor space. Maybe someone else knows about the 2 bdrm villas!

Aurora
03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
You could probably get a twin in the master bedroom and a twin in the living room. I don't think you can get a queen in the bedroom; you might be able to get a queen in the living room if you moved around some furniture, but you'd have to move it out of the way every day.

Hope you have a good time -- sounds like a nice family vacation!

disneyfan56
03-20-2009, 01:41 PM
I think you could get the queen sized mattress in the living/kitchen area- but it might be tight when the sofa bed is open.

BamaJenn
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
My only experience is with the 2 bedroom Villas at the Wilderness Lodge (but they are all laid out similarly).

There is a fairly large space in the 2-bed portion of the villa, over near the closet/vanity, that could easily fit probably a queen sized air bed. You could also fit a good sized air bed in the living room area but with the sofa bed open that really wouldn't happen. In the master bedroom I don't know that there is much room for any size air mattress. You could probably squeeze a twin sized mattress between the bed and the window but it'd be just that, a squeeze.

Tinkerfreak
03-20-2009, 04:38 PM
I think I would have DD8 sleep with grandma if she willing and just bring a twin sized airbed. The sofa beds are pretty big. DH and I slept on one and were comfortable and I am quite large.

ThanxForNoticin
03-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Two air beds might be tight, but probably doable in the living room area. But a better alternative, and something we did when the kids were younger - in the living room, there is a pull-out sofa-bed (as you already know). But there is also a smaller love-seat piece of furniture in the living room - a younger child could easily curl up there and sleep comfortably at night, meaning you'd only need one air mattress. Just a possibility....

VWL Mom
03-20-2009, 08:19 PM
If you are getting a dedicated 2-bedroom there is only going to be one entrance so I'm not sure what you mean by the studio part. You may want to consider putting your brother and nephew in the master w/ the king, your mother and one child in the sleeper, leaving the double room with 2 DS in one bed and DH and yourself in the other. Then you would not need any extra mattress.

I do agree with pp that the best place for an air mattress would be in the 2nd bdrm near the sinks.

ldc12377
03-23-2009, 11:11 PM
If you are getting a dedicated 2-bedroom there is only going to be one entrance so I'm not sure what you mean by the studio part. You may want to consider putting your brother and nephew in the master w/ the king, your mother and one child in the sleeper, leaving the double room with 2 DS in one bed and DH and yourself in the other. Then you would not need any extra mattress.

I do agree with pp that the best place for an air mattress would be in the 2nd bdrm near the sinks.

We aren't getting a dedicated 2-bedroom...we are getting a lock-off so that my brother and niece can come and go as they please without really disturbing the rest of us. They are more night people and the rest of us are morning people...we will meet up for the middle of the day.

We decided to just bring down one twin sized mattress and hope we can find a place for it. If we can't then we will put grandma and two kids on the king bed and hubby and I will share the pull-out couch with DS3.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas! I can't imagine what I would do without Intercot!!!:number1: