PDA

View Full Version : special deal!

Tinkgirl28
03-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Hey everyone i was wondering if Disney was gonna push the deal that they have right now any furthur out past the 15th of august? I hope so because im planning on going in august 18 through the 25th and would like to get that deal!! Unfortuneately thats the only time i can go. So if you know anything about that please let me know!! Thanks!!
:mickey:

Pirate Granny
03-14-2009, 11:58 PM
You just never know...the bounce back offer from last year which includes free dining starts on 8-23...so...I believe that last year they did offer limited free dining in Sept/October...I have normally gone in September and hit the free dining the last few years...this is the first year I have reservations for August.
:pirate:

Belster
03-15-2009, 12:00 AM
I have no clue...but they have moved the date at least once that I know of...the last time they did 4 plus 3 they had it through the year.

One never knows.:confused:

PixieMagic
03-15-2009, 01:26 AM
Not sure, but they sent out a PIN in February for 8/16-10/1 for free dining.... if they open that up it would be an even better deal than the 4+3!:thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
I am hoping they do. We are putting together a reunion and many want to take advantage of this deal. In fact, a few have said that they can't do it unless the 4/3 is being offered.

DawsonAR
03-15-2009, 03:00 PM
If they do, I think we would plan another trip this year. It is a really good deal.

Polynesian Dweller
03-15-2009, 03:37 PM
It will all come down to what makes business sense to Disney. However, they have had an annual program of Free Dining that typically runs mid-August to late September. That's when the 4/3 promotion is slated to end. My guess, and that's all it is of course, is that they wouldn't do both major promotions at one time, it would cost them too much. But with this economy, anything could happen.

TheRustyScupper
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
OK, sing along with me.

When you wish upon a . . .
. . . star
. . . discounted stay
. . . free upgrade

Daisy'sMom
03-15-2009, 08:18 PM
It will all come down to what makes business sense to Disney. However, they have had an annual program of Free Dining that typically runs mid-August to late September. That's when the 4/3 promotion is slated to end. My guess, and that's all it is of course, is that they wouldn't do both major promotions at one time, it would cost them too much. But with this economy, anything could happen.

To put in bluntly, that will stink. The 4/3 is a better deal. The free dining is not a big savings for us.

BMan62
03-15-2009, 08:49 PM
To put in bluntly, that will stink. The 4/3 is a better deal. The free dining is not a big savings for us.

That all depends on where you stay and how many are in your party -- (The following is based on two adults) -- For a Value Resort during the Value Season, the Free Standard Dining (~$560 savings) is a MUCH better promotion than the 4+3 deal (~$255 savings) -- For a Deluxe Resort (using Wl, as it is the least expensive of the Deluxes,) the 4+3 deal is better (~$730 savings) -- For the Moderate Resorts (using POFQ) they are close, but Free DDP wins by a nose (4+3 savings ~$532.)

Of course, all this is moot if you don't take advantage of the full extent of the DDP, or will be paying for all meals OOP.

cgriff
03-15-2009, 09:20 PM
OK, sing along with me.

When you wish upon a . . .
. . . star
. . . discounted stay
. . . free upgrade

I tried to sing along; however, those words don't go with the melody.

Tinkgirl28
03-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks all i was just wondering because i am going with my best friend and her kids and i dont know if the dining plan will be the best for us or not, we would like to get the 4+3 deal more than the free dining.