PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk or Beach club slides?

scootch713
03-14-2009, 05:09 PM
Which of the two is tamer ???? Trying to decide between the two resorts, going to rent dvc points. tks

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2009, 05:24 PM
I had to ask the kids to get some better assessments... ;)

The BW's slide has more turns, and the entire thing is open on top. But it isn't as fast.

The BC's slide is faster, and it is partly enclosed as you go down. Apparently, the water is a little more turbulent at the bottom of the BC's slide.

scootch713
03-14-2009, 06:28 PM
My youngest is just in kindergarten(will be in 1st grade by the time we get there) Appears she would do better with the Boardwalk one ??? The love the WL one, but thinking I would like to try the epcot/ds area this year. tks

wendy*darling
03-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Is she a good swimmer?

The BC and BW slides are several notches above the WL slide.
And I know that at Stormalong Bay (BC), parents are not allowed to wait at the exit of the slide to catch their kids. Anyone using the slide should be able to swim to the side on their own.
I don't know exactly how deep it is where you drop out, but I am fairly certain it would be over the head of most kindergartners.
As was said, the BW slide has more twists and turns, so might throw her around more.

But, if you go to the BC and the slide is too much at this time- there are many other features in the mini-water park to keep you all busy without missing the slide.

Your call on how adventurous and strong a swimmer she is!

scootch713
03-14-2009, 07:44 PM
thanks.. i am so confused...lol.. i really want to stay near DS, but i also want a nice pool.... i think BC is going to be too much. ho hum... thanks for the answers though :mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2009, 08:55 PM
My kids are pretty good swimmers. The BC's slide empties into an area that was way too tough for them in kindergarten. The Boardwalk slide empties out into an area between 3 and 4 feet. There's pretty good current from the slide. wendy*darling is accurate in saying that these slides are definitely a step up from the WL.

The BC does have a very small kiddie slide (about 7 feet in length) on the pirate ship section of SAB. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
03-14-2009, 10:48 PM
I stayed at the boardwalk several times - I have seen lots of little kids on the pool slide. There is a strong current when you get to the pool but parents seem to be able to stay to the side and help their kids if needed. Of course it still comes down to your comfort level and how strong your kids can swim.

hlkeck
03-15-2009, 09:19 AM
We were at BWV in December and my kids are 4 and 6 - they were FINE. I even rode the BWV slide...it's not too much for that age and if she really likes slides, it will be okay. And you can catch the kids at the end of the slide.

We walked over to look at BCV pool and knew immediately we would have to wait a few more years before taking our kids there. Too easy to lose them...

Good luck - my vote is BWV. The pool water is very cold, though (well, it was in December!)