PDA

View Full Version : Refillable Resort Mug w/Dining Plan

iheartdisney
03-14-2009, 11:22 AM
I was looking over the description of the dining plans at info central and want to know if I'm reading this right.

Refillable Resort mugs are included with the Quick Service Dining Plan and the Deluxe Dining Plan. But not the Standard Plan (the plan in the middle)? Really? Does anyone have a guess as to why?

JPL
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I think it's simply because they never offer the either of the other Dining Plans for free. So the logic could be since we offer the standard plan for free with different offers you can pay for your mug.

tinksmom02
03-14-2009, 02:07 PM
While Jeff might be right, I suspect they give the mugs as part of the QSDP in order to justify the cost of the plan. There's really only a few dollars difference between the QS and Basic plan, and I think they had to add some other stuff in order to get people to buy the QS plan. The QS plan has an arcade card included too, right?

tadshome
03-14-2009, 02:14 PM
I think it's simply because they never offer the either of the other Dining Plans for free. So the logic could be since we offer the standard plan for free with different offers you can pay for your mug.

When we had the free dining offered in the UK it was the QSDP for moderate hotels and the regular dining plan for deluxe hotels. Not sure if that is what they will do in the US as well?

Seasonscraps
03-14-2009, 11:11 PM
While Jeff might be right, I suspect they give the mugs as part of the QSDP in order to justify the cost of the plan. There's really only a few dollars difference between the QS and Basic plan, and I think they had to add some other stuff in order to get people to buy the QS plan. The QS plan has an arcade card included too, right?

That's a good point. I don't think you get an arcade card though.

JPL
03-14-2009, 11:59 PM
And thinking about it more and looking at the pricing the QS plan and the Deluxe have the least value and aren't as popular as the standard plan. As for the giving the QS plan in the UK I have heard that free dining this year will be the QS in the uS as well with the option to upgrade.

kwhitt3202
03-16-2009, 08:02 PM
The arcade card come with the magic your way package. So it would be included in all the dinning plans. If I read it right. We have foung that we come out more ahead with the deluxe than the basic. We are not big dessert people and the basic plan they wont allow swiching. Also we like the character breakfast and many for the different places for dinner. We did character breakfast most mornnings, counter lunch, and table service dinner. We did order roomservice a couple of time on the plan to and that includes your tip. It is different for each family. We have to eat several times a day so this works for us.