PDA

View Full Version : Chefs De France

stephntampa
03-14-2009, 09:38 AM
We are going to Epcot for a day trip on March 29th, and I made a ressie for Chefs.. anyone that has eaten there, any comments? we checked out the menu online, it looks super yummy!! As an aside, I was suprised to get any dining reservation (I called yesterday). I asked about Tutto, Rose & Crown and Chefs.. all had availability at descent times..

jacknsally02
03-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Love the food and the wine, eat there every time we go, the service is wonderful, enjoy!

artyboy
03-14-2009, 09:48 AM
We love that place...but we discovered finer food at Bistro!

Either way, you'll have a great meal!

Mousemates
03-14-2009, 10:34 AM
We have enjoyed Chefs...ate there at dusk with a window seat...very nice and romantic...thou the dining room was a bit noisy (but when its very busy it will be)...on our last I had the filet of salmon, my wife the scallops/shrimp....both very good. Hope you have a great meal.

Maleficent's Dad
03-14-2009, 10:56 AM
While receiving mixed reviews, I do enjoy Les Chefs. Service has always been very good, food has been a notch above many other establishments, and it has been a consistently solid experience for us.

I do not recommend lunch here, as dinner has always been better - in our experiences.

I've had very positive experiences at Les Chefs, much to Jym's dismay! ;)

JoDisney
03-14-2009, 12:25 PM
Go to top of this page to "info central" and scroll down to "dining" then click on "menus" and check out what is offered.

Natazu
03-14-2009, 01:42 PM
While receiving mixed reviews, I do enjoy Les Chefs. Service has always been very good, food has been a notch above many other establishments, and it has been a consistently solid experience for us.

I do not recommend lunch here, as dinner has always been better - in our experiences.

:shake:

crazyred11588
03-14-2009, 02:07 PM
We tried Les Chefs last time we were in Disney, and it was really good. I definitely reccomend le demi poulet (half chicken) very good. And desert was to die for! However, I have tried my escargot once and don't know that I'd do it again...even as a French buff I wasn't fond of le petit escargot! :)

Belster
03-14-2009, 11:50 PM
We love the ambiance, food, wine, and sweet treats!!! Another fun thing is that the staff really likes kids they were all over my then 10 month old.

We will be going back with every trip!!!!!

Bruegge
03-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm with Jym on this one.

Tuna was over cooked in a broth?? not seared rare like stated in the menu

Creme brulee was not torched... still runny on the top, sides items of green beans and french fries...

Never again, Narcoosee's is my Fav.

Scott

lockedoutlogic
03-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Chefs has always delivered a fine meal.....Bistro is a much more unique experience....

The thing I like about both is that it has something slightly unique.....

Alot of the places that are labeled "to die for" by many of the restauranteurs on the boards simply have NOTHING out of the ordinary....

Just off the top of my head:

Le Cellier.....Narcoosee's....any character buffet....Tuottu Italia....Nine Dragons....Mitsukoshi....Prime Time.....Sci-Fi....

Not that i'm against any of those places....well....narcoosees is far inferior to both Citricos and V&A's.....but they just simply don't deliver much more than "feed my belly" food on most occasions....

That....and French food is the best food....let's be serious here....

Kenny1113
03-19-2009, 11:19 AM
We went to Les Chefs de France on our last trip for the first time. I enjoyed it. Loved the escargot ( some of the best I've had). Kids enjoyed it also. I only wish I would have saved room for dessert.

PlutoPlanet
03-19-2009, 12:25 PM
We eat there every year. We usually get the Lamb Shank and Beef Tenderloin. Also, we prefer the wines by the glass at Chefs de France compared to LeCellier or Boma.
The creme brulle is first rate. My DW likes the cheese plate as well.

Bruegge
03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Chefs has always delivered a fine meal.....Bistro is a much more unique experience....

The thing I like about both is that it has something slightly unique.....

Alot of the places that are labeled "to die for" by many of the restauranteurs on the boards simply have NOTHING out of the ordinary....

Just off the top of my head:

Le Cellier.....Narcoosee's....any character buffet....Tuottu Italia....Nine Dragons....Mitsukoshi....Prime Time.....Sci-Fi....

Not that i'm against any of those places....well....narcoosees is far inferior to both Citricos and V&A's.....but they just simply don't deliver much more than "feed my belly" food on most occasions....

That....and French food is the best food....let's be serious here....

Narcoosee's..... is just "feed my belly" food

Wow...... nuff said

Scott

lockedoutlogic
03-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Narcoosee's..... is just "feed my belly" food

Wow...... nuff said

Scott

yeah....Narcoosee's is highly overpriced and overated....

My opinion....but yeah....I still said it

Hammer
03-19-2009, 08:47 PM

:shake:

Jym, Frank and I are going to gang up on you regarding Chefs. Jym always talks about how Bistro is better, but the two restaurants share a kitchen. I have always had a nice meal there. No, it isn't Brassiere Perrier, may it RIP (neither is Bistro) but it is a decent French eatery.

Natazu
03-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Jym, Frank and I are going to gang up on you regarding Chefs. Jym always talks about how Bistro is better, but the two restaurants share a kitchen. I have always had a nice meal there. No, it isn't Brassiere Perrier, may it RIP (neither is Bistro) but it is a decent French eatery.

:bang:

j&j
03-20-2009, 04:07 PM
great
sit near the windows great service you feel special.:mickey::mickey:

Bruegge
03-20-2009, 06:53 PM
:bang:

Ditto..... What did Antionette say "let em eat ....fries...."??

I guess this post will get blasted too....

Scott

big blue and hairy
03-21-2009, 03:00 PM
Ditto..... What did Antionette say "let em eat ....fries...."??

I guess this post will get blasted too....

ScottPomme Frites...and sorry, but some of the best I ever had were at a very nice and expensive restaurant on the Champs Elysees.

Sorry Jym, keep banging your head, I recommend Le Chefs de France also...

:sulley:

SBETigg
03-21-2009, 03:47 PM
Jym, you've been to most WDW restaurants far more than I have and I concur that Chefs can be inconsistent. I've only heard you talk about the roast chicken and compare it to Cracker Barrel, a comparison that seems grossly unfair and out of keeping with the Chefs I know. But then, I've never ordered le poulet, and I suspect there's only so much they can do with a roast chicken.

Have you never enjoyed it there? It's not as incredible as it used to be, I realize, but it's usually good. I prefer to the overrated Le Cellier any day of the week, not that Le Cellier is bad.

Natazu
03-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Jym, you've been to most WDW restaurants far more than I have and I concur that Chefs can be inconsistent. I've only heard you talk about the roast chicken and compare it to Cracker Barrel, a comparison that seems grossly unfair and out of keeping with the Chefs I know. But then, I've never ordered le poulet, and I suspect there's only so much they can do with a roast chicken.

Have you never enjoyed it there? It's not as incredible as it used to be, I realize, but it's usually good. I prefer to the overrated Le Cellier any day of the week, not that Le Cellier is bad.

I have the utmost respect for those who love this restaurant and I value your opinions Sherri.

Inconsistency is really my main gripe with Chefs de France. They're not living up to the maxims set forth by the original creators and it kills me (and Chef Lenotre too apparently). French food is about pairing tender meats with showcase sauces using the freshest ingredients available. Even when you run a basic Noix St Jacques, if you're selling it for $33, the lemon butter and herbs better sing in perfect harmony. We've had pretty good food at Chefs. Sadly, pretty good doesn't sell a $20 macaroni and cheese.

The Cracker Barrel comparison is just a humorous way to illustrate the many menu items that are just basic food at gourmet prices and I hate that. You're right, Sherri. There is only so much you can do with a roast chicken. And there is nothing you can do to a roast chicken to make it worth $28. And for the record, I like Cracker Barrel. ;)

big blue and hairy
03-22-2009, 12:16 PM
There is nothing you can do to a roast chicken to make it worth $28. I have to agree with that statement, but it applies to a lot more restaurants than Chefs
And for the record, I like Cracker Barrel. ;)
Me too...

:sulley:

MinnieMommie
03-22-2009, 01:15 PM
I like Chefs de France and had a wonderful meal there recently. We ordered:

Cheese platter (Assiette Campagnarde) , salad (Salade maison), broccoli and pumpkin soup (Soupe du jour),chicken (Demi poulet fermier roit, Pommes puree au basilic et tomate braisee), short ribs (Plat de Cote de boeuf au cabernet avec pates), mac and cheese (Gratin de Macaroni), cream puff sundae (Orifuteroles au chocolat), Madeline cookies (tea cakes), wines, champagne and coffee (Cafe Cappuccino). Additionally we were all served fresh rolls.

We had great food, a wonderful server and a window table. If I were to review the meal (will try to review the meal item by item when I have time) I would say that some menu items were preferable to others but the overall experience was the best of the week and quite pleasurable.

We were at Chefs for lunch. The portions were generous (for example the portions on our cheese platter was twice the size of the one we received at JIKO the night before). AS DVC members we received a 20% discount off the food items on our bill. Hard to beat. We had great food, great atmosphere at a good price which on this trip translated to being the best overall dining experience of the week. :mickey:

SBETigg
03-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the explanation, Jym. My sentimental attachment to this restaurant might occasionally cloud my vision. It was so good years ago. I think it still has glimmers of what it used to be, but I haven't been back in a bit, either. It's hard to recommend it when it's inconsistent because you don't know if the people who go will get the good Chefs or a less than stellar experience.

I still love the atmosphere. I want to go back and try the braised short ribs. But we booted it from our April trip in favor of Flying Fish.