PDA

View Full Version : Odd Dental Question...

Sunshine1010
03-14-2009, 01:27 AM
My husband has a crown on one of his bottom teeth. For some reason, it periodically comes out. I know it shouldn't...and he's been a 1,000 times to the dentist.

BUT....if it happens while we're in Orlando...is there a dentist that we can contact on short notice without him being an established patient?

(just in case).....My Daddy taught me to ALWAYS have 'Plan B'.

Thanks -

GrumpyFan
03-14-2009, 01:39 AM
Interesting question.
It would probably be best to ask someone at the resort. I'm sure they've handled dental emergencies before from guests. I know personally about how they handle medical emergencies, and I will say that they do everything they can to see to it that you get the help you need.

PhilHarHarMagic
03-14-2009, 07:11 AM
You might also check with your dentist - he might have a contact in Orlando.

Dznygrl79
03-14-2009, 07:41 AM
Check with your insurance company they can usually tell you who in that area takes your plan. Also Disney staff are wonderful. I was traveling with a friend who had chronic back problems and needs to see a chiropractor frequently. When we got to Disney she had a flare up and needed a to see someone right away, Disney gave her the names and directions of the closest ones. Also found an employee who used one of them to give a reference.

Mousefever
03-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Does your husband know how to fit the crown back in? His dentist should be able to supply him with some temporary cement if the crown should pop out during vacation. Obviously it's a temporary fix, but it might hold him until you're back from vacation.

Amy

merlinmagic4
03-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Does your husband know how to fit the crown back in? His dentist should be able to supply him with some temporary cement if the crown should pop out during vacation. Obviously it's a temporary fix, but it might hold him until you're back from vacation.

Amy

This is what I was thinking. I had temporary crowns that would fall out and I carried around Fixodent and just put them back in time and time again! Not a great solution but you might want to pack a tube :)

thrillme
03-15-2009, 06:16 PM
Has your husband been to a "different" dentist in town? Crowns shouldn't come out like that. Once or twice perhaps they can be a challenge to fit properly but other than that...I know of people who have had crowns forever.

Fillings shouldn't come out either. I've had mine for 30 years.

Like in ANY profession, not all dentists are GREAT but some like to pretend to be.

On a "short term"...your husband's dentist should be able to provide a "glue" of sorts to keep the crown in place till you get back. ALSO...in the dental section of most large grocery stores or at your local pharmacy they should have a section that has some crown caps that might help too. These are only meant to be temporary till you get to the dentist.

TheRustyScupper
03-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Plan B = find a new dentist who knows cement or glue.

Mousemates
03-21-2009, 11:37 PM
I had this problem with a one crown....after a couple trips back into have it reseated..I reminded my dentist that this was like the third time in four years it had coem loose...he used a different cement and its been in place for three years without a problem.