PDA

View Full Version : Royal Family 5k/Anniversary Trip Report - Day 4

brewcrew26
03-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Day 4 – Saturday, March 7

Up at 5 a.m. for my first 5k! I’ve been training for months. We caught the bus to the Epcot parking lot for the start. So many people dressed as princesses! One guy even dressed as Prince Charming and another as Minnie Mouse! It was a great ambience for my first race. But, the problem was my legs were already gone from being in the parks the past two days.

I tried running at first but my shins were killing me. I wasn’t even to the first mile marker by the time the first runners finished. Brett stuck by me. I finally was getting warmed up as we hit the World Showcase. I started doing some spurts of running. I finally ran from around the fountain to the finish line.

My time was 54:18! Not quite my best but a start. I’m so happy I finished. I’ve never been a runner so this is a huge thing for me. I have my finisher’s medal at my desk now.

At the finish line there’s was sports drinks (thank goodness!) and bananas. We just loaded back into the bus instead of waiting for the kids races to start. I was famished so we grabbed breakfast at the food court. Thanks Mickey Waffles! We then got changed into our swimsuits and hung by the pool. It was soooo nice!

We went to Downtown Disney for the afternoon. Lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. Love that place!! Overwhelmed by shopping at World of Disney. I’m surprised there aren’t more meltdowns by kids there. That is sensory overload for adults even.

It was just so nice enjoying the warm weather. Any place was better than Wisconsin last week!

We had ressies at Narcoosee’s but didn’t feel up to it, so we canceled. We ended up trying to find somewhere to eat on I-drive. Not a good idea. Finally, we wound up back at Crossroads eating in the Taco Bell parking lot.

But, was my sleep awesome that night!

Only one day left in the parks…

faline
03-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Congrats on finishing the race! What an accomplishment!

dtootsie42
03-15-2009, 06:13 PM
You rock!!! I think it is awesome that you did the race and that you stuck it out and finished. In the process of losing weight and some day when I am healthier I want to do a triathlon. Anyways thanks so very much for sharing.

brian2000boston
03-15-2009, 08:07 PM
4 for 4, love the day that we choose to go to pool and the DTD, nice break!

KylesMom
03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Congratulations on your accomplishment! That had to have been really cool to cross the finish line in of all places, Disney!

I really couldn't agree with you more about World of Disney. We limit ourselves to brief spurts in there, scoping things out a little at a time and then towards the end of our stay we go in and purchase everything we've seen. We'd be in "couple trouble" if we stayed too long!

Thanks for sharing yet another day with us! :mickey:

yjgirl32
03-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Good job on the race. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
03-16-2009, 02:13 PM
running five miles in under an hour is awesome!!! go you! :mickey:

pdrlkr
03-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

mouseketeer mom
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm thinking of doing this race next year. I'm not a runner either, but we saw the runners and I think this would be a great goal for me to strive for. Congrats to you!!!!

Nanners
03-17-2009, 09:10 AM
Super job on the race! What a high it must have given you!

brewcrew26
03-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm already planning my next one. May 16 I'm doing a run in Milwaukee for the Ronald McDonald House! I'd like to do one of the Disney-run half marathons in the next year or so. But if kids are on the horizon any time soon...I dunno how feasible that will be. :confused:

yourmagicalguide
03-19-2009, 02:10 PM
I’m so happy I finished. I’ve never been a runner so this is a huge thing for me. I have my finisher’s medal at my desk now.

Good for you! Congrats :thumbsup:

We went to Downtown Disney for the afternoon. Lunch at the Earl of Sandwich. Love that place!!

DH and I ate at Earl of Sandwich for the first time for breakfast one morning and were really impressed with the prices and food.

Thanks for sharing :mickey: