PDA

View Full Version : The Wick's Storm the Castle - PreTrip

Insanity Clause
03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Okay, I swore to myself that I was going to wait till we were 10 days out before I did this but I have seen people posting that were going in June and I just can't wait another minute to do this.

CAST:
Me - Erica 38 (2nd Trip)
DH - Phil 38 (6th Trip)
DD - Emily 10 (1st Trip)
DD - Caitlin 9 (1st Trip)
DS - Kieran 7 (1st Trip)
BFF - Michelle 38 (2nd Trip)
BFF DH - Adam 41 (1st Trip)

Let me give you a little background on this trip. Phil and I started to plan this last June not really sure if we were going to do and it just snowballed and the next thing we knew we had reservations. We had be promising the kids for years that we would take them someday and it just seemed like the right time to at least take the older three, the two younger ones will be staying with Grandma. Then in July my best friend got married in Utah, we are in Ohio so we rarely get to see one another, once a year she comes out here because I have 5 kids and it is just easier that way. Well, I flew out there to be in her wedding and to support her but because of how chaotic weddings are we didn't get to really spend any time together we I invited her and Adam to join us on this trip. We are all very giddy now. So this will be part family vacation, part getting to know Chelle's new husband (I met him the day before the wedding) and part girls time together. Here is the tentative schedule, let me know what you all think.

April 20 (Monday
We leave Dayton at 8 am on Airtran and arrive at MCO at 10:05. We will take ME to POR and hopefully be able to check into our room if not we will store our bags there and hit MK so the kids and get their first taste of MK. The plan is to have them ride some of the younger kid things like Dumbo, the Barnstormer (Our kids have very little amusment park experience, our eldest went 6 Flags once) Walk around mainstreet and get a Dole Whip. When Chelle and Adam arrive at the airport later that afternoon she will call me on my cell and we will meet her back at Por, hang out a little bit, probably get dinner at the food court there and maybe if everyone is up for it hit Downtown Disney to get the autograph books for the kids.

April 21 (Tues)
EMH at the Studios. We plan on basically spending most of the day here, I am hoping I will be able to ride Toy Story Mania but I have heard tales of the fastpasses being gone really early and there being a 200 minute wait, I just can't justify waiting in line that long. After Studios we will then head back to the hotel mid afternoon to rest a bit and then go to Epcot for our dinner rez at Chef's de France and probably hit illuminations before we head back to the resort.

April 22 (Wed)
This is an Epcot day. We will spend most of the day there, depending on how the kids are feeling we might head back to the resort to rest in the afternoon and then head back to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo. I am really looking forward to trying Soarin. After dinner while the fireworks are going on we might try to go on some of the more popular rides again like Soarin and Test Track.

April 23 (Thurs)
EMH at MK. This will be an all day park day. We will get there at rope drop, I am hoping we can make it to the Tinkerbell shop so my daughter Caitlin can wake Tink, she is really big into fairies. We have lunch rez at the Castle at 1:00 afterwards we will just play it by ear, probably go back to POR for a bit, then come back for the light parade and Wishes.

April 24 (Friday)
Animal Kingdom Day. Unfortunately they do not have EMH for AK while we are there so we are going to have to get there as early as possible and ride the Safari in the chance that my eldest will be able to see the Cheetah. That is her favorite animal she wants to grow up and be a big animal vet. This would make her trip if we could see that Cheetah. We plan on seeing three shows there and I am thinking of just seeing one this day and coming back on the make up day we have planned to see the others. We want to see Finding Nemo, Lion Kind and Flights of Wonder. We will probably stay till this park closes since it closes earlier than all the others and then head over to Wilderness Lodge for dinner rez at Whispering Canyon, I am going to make my son ask for some ketchuo...LOL. After dinner my husband, Adam and the kids will probably go back to MK or somewhere while Chelle and I go off by ourselves so we can talk and do girl things.

April 25 (Sat)
This is basically a catch-up day. We will be going to Epcot for EMH in the morning and then the rest is up in the air. I am having the girls firgure out what souveneirs that they want and not get them until they have been through all the parks since they have only a set amount and then I can take them back to where they need to go to get what they are after on this day or on Sunday which is another catch up day. We have dinner rez that night at O'hauna and then Chelle and I are going to run off again and abandon the menfolk and the kids.

April 26 (sun)
This is a relaxing do whatever day. Go back and revisit the places you want to see one more time. That night we have rez at Le Cellier. After which we will head over to studios see see Fantasmic.

April 27 (Mon)
A very sad day indeed. We will probably have breakfast at the food court and go to Downtown Disney for a bit and then that afternoon we head home and have to start the planning all over for our Dec 2010 trip for my daughter's 11th birthday.

So, there is the plan in a nutshell, what do you think? 37 days left and I can't wait. :party: Sorry this was so long, I honestly didn't mean to be so verbose.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned :)

I especially like taking first-timers, seeing their reactions are half the fun :mickey:

faline
03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
Great plans! And you have the added bonus of being able to catch up with your friend! What fun that will be!

Mr_Increddieble
03-15-2009, 09:08 PM
With 3 kids, none too young and their first time, man, you should hire a photographer to follow you around.
The only thing I would suggest, having a family handful myself, is to mix in some middle of the day pool time. :diver:You have a great pool at POR and it will be June so...
don't try to do everything at any one park in any one day. We took a boat ride to DTD when we stayed at POR last year. That was fun and since it's kinda different it still sticks out in our memories. Just being there will be awesome. Hope you have a great time. How could you not?!

yjgirl32
03-16-2009, 08:35 AM
Sounds like a wonderful trip. Have a great time. Be sure and report back on your experiences.

SBETigg
03-16-2009, 08:39 AM
Great plans! And not long now. I'll be there April 19-24.

Insanity Clause
03-16-2009, 11:20 AM
The only thing I would suggest, having a family handful myself, is to mix in some middle of the day pool time. :diver:You have a great pool at POR and it will be June so...

Actually it is April that we will be there...will the weather be warm enough there for pool time?

SBETigg
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Actually it is April that we will be there...will the weather be warm enough there for pool time?

Should be. The average April temps are 80s for days and 60s for nights. The pools are heated.

DizNee143
03-16-2009, 03:11 PM
i hope you all have a wondeful time!! :mickey:

Nini5055
03-16-2009, 04:14 PM
What a wonderful trip you have planned!

I agree with MrIncredible...my dd7 absolutely LOVES to swim in the pools!!! We make it a trip every single night after we get back to our resort at the very end of the day. I think part of her "Joy Factor" is that it is sometimes 10pm and we are swimming!!!

I have taken her every year since she turned 5 (at WDW!) and we have tons of wonderful memories.

Enjoy your trip!!! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
03-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Sounds like a fun trip planned. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

DisneyorBust
03-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Sounds like you have a fantastic vacation planned! Enjoy!:D

vizsla
03-27-2009, 05:22 AM
Sounds like you have a great trip planned.:thumbsup: