PDA

View Full Version : Do you think...

DisneyFr33k
03-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Disney will ever compromise between the children's menu and adult? Having soon-to-be 10 and 12 year olds (who eat like birds), it seems like a waste to purchase the DDP. I would love to see something offered in between - like a half portion adult meal that would count as a junior. And, the cost be between that of a child and adult as well.

I may be just dreaming on this one. Just curious if any of you thought the same.

iheartdisney
03-13-2009, 01:59 PM
I wholeheartedly agree! When my daughter was that age we spent much of our time sharing entrees. I was so thankful when she was eating an adult portion by herself so I could finally get what I wanted to eat -- of course, then our cost jumped too. If dining plan was available back then we didn't use it. I feel for the families that are in this pickle. Good luck!

DawsonAR
03-13-2009, 09:00 PM
I wish this would happen too. Neither of my kids eat a lot. Right now they are both still able to do the kids meals, but not for long. My DD (9) only weighs 38lbs and is 44 inches tall. She is so samll and doesn't eat much at all. I supplement her food with pedisure. I will have a difficult time paying for adult sized meals for her knowing she will only eat a few bites. I guess we just keep hoping.

betteratmk
03-13-2009, 09:41 PM
I have often wished for a junior category at Disney, it doesn't need to be elaborate, just jump start the childrens menu. !/2 portion of the things that can be split easily such as pasta dishes or 1 piece of chicken instead of two. My DS was on the adult menu this March and barely ate anything. I know they will take away the sauce sometimes but the adult menu is just too much for most 10-13 year old kids.

Mousemates
03-13-2009, 09:57 PM
we used to wish for the same thing when our kids were in that "tweener stage"...however, our kids outgrew it fairly quickly and now (as our kids are now always hungry teenagers) our bank account yearns for the days when they ate like birds.

Seasonscraps
03-13-2009, 09:59 PM
I doubt it would happen. I really can't think of any restaurant (in and out of disney) that has a junior menu like you are describing.

DisneyFr33k
03-14-2009, 08:10 AM
I agree. But maybe they could either up the age to 12 and under to order from the kids menu. Or at least give families with kids 10-13 the option to do child or adult.....

Still wishing....

Yvette
03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I wish there was some type of compromise as well (although my baby is 25) :blush:

We don't get the DDP since we want to try a little bit of everything. We typically order an appetizer (which is no longer included), split a meal and maybe order a dessert if it looks good.

Let's be honest folks.....much as I love Japanese food, as a cuisine it is not known for good desserts. ;) Instead we would rather just order sushi.

I know it would drive me nuts if I had a tween. When my DD was that age she just nibbled throughout the day.

TheVBs
03-14-2009, 10:16 AM
This would be a great idea! We're not at the tweens yet, but I doubt they would really appreciate or finish an adult meal at that age. Also, I'm often not at all impressed with the offerings on the children's menu. This is one of the reasons we passed on the DDP this time around. There's no point in ordering a kids meal that they won't eat either.

dtootsie42
03-14-2009, 01:40 PM
This really would have helped us when are girls were of that age. My middle daughter is a tiny eater and she usually would take on average 3-5 bites and say she is done. She and I usually shared a meal...even today at 20 she barely eats...a few bites and she is done. She usually gets an appetizer or talks one of her sisters in sharing a meal.

Dec. 1997---Contemporary
Dec. 1999--Poly
June 2000--Disneyland
Dec. 2001---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2003---Poly Concierge
Dec. 2005---Poly Concierge
Nov. 2007---Poly Concierge
Oct. 2008--DisneyLand
Next trip Dec. 2009--Poly Concierge

elmjimmlm
03-14-2009, 03:25 PM
We are in the same boat...We have a 10, 9 and 7 yr. old and I am having a hard time trying to pay for an adult meal for the oldest...
If we are wishing then I wish that there would be more to choose from on the kids menu...How many chicken nuggets can they have in a week?

joonyer
03-14-2009, 10:40 PM
Disney won't do this, for the same reason they charge adult price park passes for 10 year olds. They make WAY too much money charging adult meal prices for age 10 thru 13 year old kids who don't and can't eat like adults.

Seasonscraps
03-14-2009, 10:54 PM
Disney won't do this, for the same reason they charge adult price park passes for 10 year olds. They make WAY too much money charging adult meal prices for age 10 thru 13 year old kids who don't and can't eat like adults.

exactly....there are adults that don't eat as much food that is offered on the food plan.