PDA

View Full Version : Good Price? Flight from Boston to Orlando

Mfarquar
03-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi Everyone,

DH and I are going to be taking a trip in September to WDW.

I am used to flying out of Newark (where the prices always seem much cheaper), but have done several trips to Orlando out of Boston. We will be leaving from Boston this time around.

I have found it hard to get direct flights from Logan to MCO, as most have layovers in NY. However, Jet Blue usually has direct flights available (and much cheaper than through its competitors at Logan). We're people who HATE layovers - we always feel like we're wasting our time (we've even flown to Hawaii from NJ direct!).

We have a $70 credit, so we're inclined to use Jet Blue once again for this trip. We have found flights that are $104 per person, each way. We would leave on a Thursday night and return on a Sunday night. With taxes and fees, minus our credit, that will bring the total to $388 for both of us round-trip.

I feel like this is a pretty good deal, as this is lower than the prices I normally see. I'm anxious to book it before prices jump like they did last year. I know that I can call Jet Blue to receive a credit if the price drops lower (as I did last year).

One thing to consider - Southwest will commence flights out of Logan shortly, but they have not listed Orlando as a destination. I am wondering if their arrival will stir up some competition and start a Logan airline price war. Virgin America just started flying from Boston and we've seen a slight dip in prices (about $10 per flight).

I feel like the days of flying to Orlando round-trip for $180 pp are over!

What do you experts think? :mickey:

merlinmagic4
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
We have found the best fares non stop from Boston to Orlando have been on Delta. However, we travel school vacation weeks and JetBlue is outrageous during those times (800+ per person round trip). Our best fare was 216 per person and no other airline even came close to that. Sounds like you got a great deal to me!

DisneyWhirled
03-12-2009, 09:18 PM
That is not a bad price, at all. Even before considering your credit.

We fly out of Boston or Manchester. We prefer to fly out of Manchester, though. I just booked the first leg of our trip w/SW and paid $134/pp one way (this includes all taxes and fees).

We also fly direct, as we do not like layovers. There are a few direct flights from our home airport (Portland), but they are pricy.

We love Jet Blue! They are comfy and cozy and have the tv's...the kids keep asking when we are flying them again!

Mfarquar
03-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks very much for your help and past experience with prices.

I actually just booked! :mickey:

It seemed too good to pass up.

Thanks again for all of your input!

I guess our trip is really happening now! :cloud9:

FenwayGirl
03-13-2009, 09:17 AM
If you are considering Boston..then you might want to look at Providence as well. TF Green is a great (smaller) internation airport. We live in Mass, but always fly Southwest out of PVD. We booked for $78 each way. SW is usually on time and the service is great:cloud9:

Mfarquar
03-13-2009, 01:50 PM
You're totally right! I love Providence, too! I used to only fly out of there when in New England, but I have had trouble getting flights that are either A) direct or B) cheaper than JetBlue out of Logan. it must just be the dates that I've checked recently. I really dislike Logan - they always seem so disorganized.

I checked this time around, but they're only booking through August 14th at the moment and comparable days of the week are about $20 more per flight each way for August.

Thanks for the reminder, though! I need to start checking TF Greene more. It's always been my favorite!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm so glad you jumped on that price. The fares for non-stop are usually higher than that, at least in the past couple of years. So I think you got a great price. Enjoy the trip.

ASweetLov
03-15-2009, 12:10 AM
Delta always has direct flights from Boston to orlando. Thats what I always book.

FenwayGirl
03-15-2009, 02:03 PM
We used to fly Delta too...until about 2 years ago. We had a really bad experience (they changed our flight 6 times in 6 months!)
We now fly SW out of Providence...no problems yet and the location of the airport is better than Boston

PetefromRI
03-15-2009, 02:47 PM
SouthWest out of PVD(Providence) rocks.We've never been delayed and we are always getting decent fares.I keep checking our flights every day and I've already changed our flights about 4 times because the rates keep dropping.

PlutoPlanet
03-16-2009, 12:59 PM
We fly every year from Boston to Orlando. The last 5 years we flew JetBlue. This year after making our plane reservations we had to reschedule. It was expensive to do that on JetBlue. We can't wait to see what Southwest offers for flights from Boston to Orlando. Relatives like flying from Providence to Orlando on Southwest.