PDA

View Full Version : What Will You Celebrate

Welovejiminy!
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Hi Everyone!
I spoke with Disney today in regards to changing my existing reservations for October. During the conversation, the cast member asked if my family would be celebrating a birthday during our stay. I stated that my family members did not have a birthday during our stay, but my dtr did have a birthday during the month of October. The cast member stated that still counts, and stated that my dtr would receive a surprise during our stay! I know they are offering free admission on your birthday, but she stated this was something completely different. Does anyone have any idea what the surprise is?

caryrae
03-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Very interesting cause we will be there for part of Oct which is the month of my wifes B-day.

Insanity Clause
03-12-2009, 07:22 PM
My birthday is 3 days after we leave but I told them that we weren't celebrating anything since this happens after we leave when in fact one of the main reasons is that we are going for my birthday.

Strmchsr
03-12-2009, 08:16 PM
A lot of times they'll just stick something in your room like an autographed pic of Mickey and a balloon. Nothing big, but a small token. The free admission is only on your exact birthday.

Chandlerella
03-12-2009, 10:17 PM
When I made my most recent reservation, the agent asked me the same question. I just quickly answered "I guess I will just be celebrating not being at work!" When I recieved some of the papers in the mail a few weeks ago, I was surprised to see they had listed that on my reservation! It said "Celebrating: Not being at work"! I thought that was quite funny. I wonder if I will have a surprise?!

DreamFinder2
03-12-2009, 10:44 PM
When I made my most recent reservation, the agent asked me the same question. I just quickly answered "I guess I will just be celebrating not being at work!" When I recieved some of the papers in the mail a few weeks ago, I was surprised to see they had listed that on my reservation! It said "Celebrating: Not being at work"! I thought that was quite funny. I wonder if I will have a surprise?!

That's hilarious! Don't we ALL celebrate that when we're down there?

DisneyPrincess21
03-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Hi Everyone!
I spoke with Disney today in regards to changing my existing reservations for October. During the conversation, the cast member asked if my family would be celebrating a birthday during our stay. I stated that my family members did not have a birthday during our stay, but my dtr did have a birthday during the month of October. The cast member stated that still counts, and stated that my dtr would receive a surprise during our stay! I know they are offering free admission on your birthday, but she stated this was something completely different. Does anyone have any idea what the surprise is?

I know that every gift is different and nothing is for sure. But when I was there last year and was celebrating my belated-birthday, One day I was in my room and got a knock on my door and there was a card with an autographed picture of Cinderella wishing me a happy birthday. It was truly magical :blush: :princess: (she's always been my favorite princess)
I am in my mid 20's and was tickled to death! LOL. It's kinda of embarrassing to admit but I truly was very excited! :D
:party: I can't wait to celebrate my birthday again this year on my next trip in December

Nini5055
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Last year when I took my dd and my parents to WDW...we stayed at POP. I had noted on our reservations that we were celebrating my dd's birthday (turning 7) and my parent's anniversary.

Well one evening after returning from the Poly Luau...we open the door to our room and there were TWO HUGE boquets of balloons (approx 4 or 5 balloons in each boquet) on each bed. One was for my parents with an autographed photo of cinderella and prince charming attached to the strings and the other was for my daughter with an autographed photo of minnie and mickey!!!! My daughter and parents were thrilled beyond belief and it made me teary eyed because we didn't ASK for anything special...but it happened!!! :cloud9:

It never hurts to tell them if something special is being celebrated. Those balloons made the trip extra special. :magic:

FenwayGirl
03-13-2009, 09:15 AM
We are celebrating a "Sisters only" reunion..

mouseketeer mom
03-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Thats absolutely hysterical!

iheartdisney
03-13-2009, 02:04 PM

That's just great! Please let us know if anything happens!

tinksmom02
03-13-2009, 02:28 PM
I think we're actually going to have to schedule what we celebrate on what days (although none of it falls within our vacation):

DH's birthday is the day before we leave for WDW
I told DD we could celebrate her August bday a month late
The trip is actually an early 10-year anniversary gift from DH to me
I'll be graduating from grad school in December
This will be our 5th trip!

I think we'll let DD celebrate her bday on the 13th (her bday is 08/13)...we're hopefully doing Narc's one night for dinner, so that will be our anniversary dinner. DH would probably prefer that I don't announce his bday at all ;)

So we are definitely having a Celebration Vacation! (Should I get t-shirts made?)