PDA

View Full Version : clambake

nabrahamsen
03-12-2009, 04:06 PM
hello all,
My softball team is going to disney world in early april and just recieved our schedule, and we are planning on going to Downtown Disney the first night and was wondering if you have any suggestions for dinner that night, we've already eaten at Planet Hollywood, and Wolfgang Puck in previous years, and we want to avoid repeating at those restaurants. Later that week, it is one of my teammates birthday, and someone on our team had eaten once at a clambake somewhere in Disney World, and she wasn't sure where it was, can anyone help me with that?.. also we have one free night/afternoon on the Tuesday of that week, but we won't have any more days to use on our park hopper and are visiting DTD two other times this trip, and my coach doesn't want to visit the boardwalk, does anyone have any suggestions for low cost activities or a good option for team dining for that night? Thank you!

pox24
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Its the dinner buffet at Disney's Beach Club Resort. The Cape May Cafe. Not only are there stemed clams, but shrimp, mussels, and ribs, corn and alot more. Google disney menus and look for The clambake at Cape May.

vicster
03-12-2009, 04:38 PM
You can click on menus on the left side of this website and find menus at all the restaurants.

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 05:59 PM
The clambake is not a traditional clambake, but more of a seafood buffet dinner. I'm from New England and find that a bit of a disappointment.

At Downtown Disney, Raglan Road is a good new place to try, really fun, good food, and live music. Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge might be a good choice for a crowd, no park admission necessary and it's a really incredible buffet with so much to try.

CaptSmee
03-12-2009, 07:36 PM
You could hit one of the 2 mini-golf courses one night. I've always wanted to do that. As for dinner, I kinda like the suggestion of Boma. You can spend some time at Animal Kingdom Lodge looking at the animals on the savannah's. I don't know what kind of transportation you have, but City Walk at the competitor's park has lots of good restaurants as well & is about 20 min ride.

tlhewitt52
03-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Me and my family do the clam bake buffet at the Beach CLun every year. My DS who is nine loves it and I have to say We love it as well. I think it's a very good choice and since it's a buffet there would be something for everyone. We were there a year ago and it was delicious were going back in a week and this is one meal we stayed with!!! I really think you can't go wrong with it!!

Tinksalot
03-13-2009, 06:22 PM
I didn't think anyone south of the Mason-Dixon line knew what a "clambake" was. When we moved from upstate New York to Virginia no one here knew what I was talking about when I asked if the stores carried salt potatoes and coneys. Finally we got a Wegmans here and they carry everything we need for a clambake. :beer:

brian2000boston
03-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I have lived in New England my whole life, spend lots of time down the cape, I am pretty certain this isnt a true New England Clam Bake. I would be pretty dissapointed without the Cape Cod/Maine Lobsters and some nice Blue Crabs.. However the menu does sound like it may be worth a shot.

GoofyforFun
03-13-2009, 10:47 PM
You also have Captain Jacks in DTD for a nice twin Lobster tail dinner. Not bad but if OOP??
We also did the "clambake" no complaints there but we were on the DDP. SO that helps with the $$..