PDA

View Full Version : tour at Mk behind the Steam trains...

jimsgal05
03-12-2009, 03:16 PM
okay booking the behind the steam trains tour for DH at Mk we are staying at POP he has to be there at 7am...do the buses run this early? or what is the best way to get to Mk ? hoping to get book on an EMH day...:mickey:

thanks Lori

CaptSmee
03-12-2009, 07:45 PM
We didn't take any chances and took a cab from Caribbean Beach (which is right next door to POP). I think it cost us about 8 bucks, maybe? We were the 1st people on the Monorail! It was awesome, and a great tour!:thumbsup:

jimsgal05
03-13-2009, 05:57 PM
thanks for the info...we'll get a cab for DD...I am sure he will ahve a blast..loves trains....:train

thanks, Lori:mickey:

mini
03-13-2009, 09:13 PM
My DD took DH last year for Fathers Day.They were told the best way to get there was to take a taxi from Pop to the Contemporary and then walk to MK. It was my understanding that the first monorail would not get them there in time. DD said she thought it was $14.00 for the taxi. They really enjoyed the tour.Hope you have a great time!

CaptSmee
03-14-2009, 12:29 AM
My DD took DH last year for Fathers Day.They were told the best way to get there was to take a taxi from Pop to the Contemporary and then walk to MK. It was my understanding that the first monorail would not get them there in time. DD said she thought it was $14.00 for the taxi. They really enjoyed the tour.Hope you have a great time!

I don't remember the time, but we took the 1st monorail from the TTC in Jan and were among the 1st people there for the tour.

SpecJoe Magic
03-15-2009, 05:54 AM

Last December, we took the first monorail from the Polynesian and was there in plenty of time. Someone had told us that the first monorail doesn't stop at the Magic Kingdom, which I thought sounded odd. Of course, it turned out to be untrue. I wonder where this false information is coming from.

You could definitely take a taxi to the Contemporary and walk if you feel more comfortable in doing so, but the monorail should be a viable option.