PDA

View Full Version : Where to watch fireworks outside of parks?

hope23
03-12-2009, 02:41 PM
Where are the best places to take in either Wishes or Illuminations when you're NOT in the parks? We're staying at POP, but are willing to travel... maybe somewhere fun for DS 5 & 3 to experience? Thanks!

MOJoe
03-12-2009, 03:12 PM
There are several places to watch Wishes while not in MK. I'm guessing that one of the favorites is on the beach at the Poly.
And for Illuminations, probably on the beach at the Beach Club gives an acceptable view of the high fireworks. Since much of Illuminatios is lake level, it is hard to get a great view even around World Showcase. :confused:

scootch713
03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Fourth floor at Contemporary, great castle view, they have benches and pipe in the music. :)

DZNYGUY
03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
As previously posted, there are no GREAT places outside EPCOT to see the fireworks...In my opinion your best bet would probably be near the back entrance (accessible from the boardwalk). You will have an obstructed view of all of the fireworks but you can hear the music and see 'some' of the ground level pyrotechnics.

Good luck!

joonyer
03-12-2009, 03:50 PM
Another great place to watch is the California Grill, but you need ADRs and $$$$. Great food and service there though.

yjgirl32
03-12-2009, 04:14 PM
There are also boat rides- we did in May of 07 to watch Wishes. No crowd and they too pip in the music. Good luck with your decision.

hope23
03-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Great ideas! Tell me more about the boat rides...

PhilHarHarMagic
03-13-2009, 11:04 PM
You aren't going to get a great look, but if you go to the building at POP with the juke box out front and go to the top floor and to the back side of building where you can see SE, you can see fireworks from Epcot and Fantasia.

There are usually people from those rooms sitting outside watching them. You can't hear any music, but it's a nice treat...

FiggyFan
03-14-2009, 08:04 AM
For Illuminations, I would suggets that you go to the Boardwalk resort (get a 3 hour visitor's parking pass if you are driving) and stroll the Boardwalk for a while. At 8:30 or quarter to 9, go to Seashore Sweets, pick up an ice cream, and walk away from EPCOT. Cut between the dance hall and the piano bar, turn right, and stand on the bridge near the Swan and Dolphin. From here, you get a great view of the high fireworks, although you won't hear the music. You will get a great echo of the big booming finale off of the hotel behind you. Keep in mind that Illuminations seems to have two big finishes (there is music and a water-level display between them) so be patient and wait for the real finale! After the show, you can either retrace your steps or complete a lap of the lake.

Soul_Power
03-15-2009, 03:24 AM
There are several places to watch Wishes while not in MK. I'm guessing that one of the favorites is on the beach at the Poly.

Can non-resort guests sit on the beach at the Poly? I know it's a non-swim beach and all, but since there are rules with the pool usage, I didn't know if it applied to the beach as well.

faline
03-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Can non-resort guests sit on the beach at the Poly? I know it's a non-swim beach and all, but since there are rules with the pool usage, I didn't know if it applied to the beach as well.

Most of the time, you can simply walk out to the beach to view the fireworks. On some occasions (such as July 4th) they may limit access only to Poly registered guests.

Other places to watch include the Grand Floridian, the Contemporary (there is a viewing are on the 4th floor) and the beach at Fort Wilderness.