PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

tink179
03-11-2009, 11:13 PM
This will be our first time attending this party. I'm having a hard time of what my DH and I should dress up as. I know it's only March, and I hate to think about it colder all over again just as it's starting to get warmer here, but I'm such a planner! :mickey: My DD 3 will get to wear her Jasmine costume we bought her at Disney in January. My DS (turning 9 on trip) wants to be Donald, but can't find a costume. I think for him I'm going to have him wear his Donald shirt and take him to Toontown and get the Donald face painting, and then try to find him a Donald hat. My DS 6 Loves Pluto and for him I'm going to have him wear his pluto shirt have his face painted like pluto, and let him get the pluto hat with the big bill on it. I don't have a clue what my DH and I should do. I obviously want something that will be pretty cool for the both of us! He keeps saying he should go as an ATM machine! ;) What are some of your ideas?:mickey:

badkitty
03-12-2009, 12:21 AM
When are you going? I have been in September and October and I always find it to be very warm and humid. (Maybe because I am a lightweight when it comes to humidity.)

The last time I went I took a co-worker and she dressed up to look like me and I dressed up to look like her. It was a lot of fun!

Pirates and pirate princesses are choices a lot of adults make that you could do as a couple.

Have fun!

VWL Mom
03-12-2009, 07:43 AM
This will be our first MNSSHP and I've been considering the same thing. My boys are teens and too old for traditional costumes. So far I'm thinking a baseball jersey with some eye black for DS17, the POC wig we bought last year with eye patch for DH, and the hat with dreads & a tie dyed shirt for DS13. Of course I have no ideas for myself.:confused:

dixielandings
03-12-2009, 09:58 AM
As previously mentioned, it will almost surely NOT be cold in Orlando in October. I'd keep costumes as simple as possible. Pirates, etc., will be everywhere and those costumes are HOT and look really uncomfortable.

DH and I wanted to go as Wendy and Capt. Hook (I still that'd be so much fun) but finding the costumes and the $$ to shell out for them was a challenge. So we just got matching black Mickey T's, the pumpkin Mickey ears, and wore $1 Groucho glasses that I happened to see at the drug store. I pulled my hair into long pigtails (pretty funny-looking on a 30-something y/o woman) and we had a blast and got a lot of laughs. And we were NOT hot and uncomfortable.

Disney Doll
03-12-2009, 02:09 PM
I agree that weather and comfort should be your #1 concern. When we did our first MNSSHP last year I really wanted us to all have neat costumes, but in the end I settled for custom t-shirts from the Disney store online for the comfort factor. I'm brainstorming for new ideas this year, but the t-shirts are still in the running. I saw a group last year that did the old style Mickey Mouse Club t-shirts (custom with names on the back) and mouse ears. I thought that was a cute and easy costume that I am considering for this year. Hope you have fun!! We loved the party!

RocknBev
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
DH and I are going for the first time (with no kids). So...the adults do dress up? I am all for it..but want to make sure I am not too out of place.

faline
03-12-2009, 02:38 PM
DH and I are going for the first time (with no kids). So...the adults do dress up? I am all for it..but want to make sure I am not too out of place.

Adults most assuredly DO dress up for the parties - some have quite elaborate costumes! It's really fun to dress up and go trick or treating - where else can grown ups participate like this?!

Tick-Tock
03-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Absolutely. DH was a big hit as Indiana Jones (I was Marion Ravenwood with the Headpiece of the Staff of Ra). We got extra candy and attention from CMs and characters.

blondeinbrandon
03-13-2009, 02:39 PM
Last year my 9 year old was Jack Skellington and my 8 year old was Peter Pan. They loved it for the first few hours, after that they changed back into shirts and tshirts to ride the rides. So if you have small ones, bring a change of clothes. Oh and my Peter Pan lost his little Tinkerbell, so I suggest no props for little ones.:thumbsup:

Nini5055
03-13-2009, 03:40 PM
You could be Tinkerbell and your DH Peter Pan or better yet...one of the "Lost Boys". Any Princess and her respective Prince. You could be Cruella DeVille and dh could be a dalmation (lol...easy with a t-shirt and felt!!!), You could be Tink and your DH Captain HooK (cool), Jack & Jill, Dorothy & Tin Man/Scarecrow/Lion/ Wizard of Oz, you could both be swashbuckling pirates, Minnie & Mickey Mouse.

I wanna GO!!!!!!!!!!! :D

tink179
03-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Thanks everyone for all the tips and ideas! I'm sure we'll come up with something. :mickey: Now, it's just the darn wait! Can't wait!:cloud9:

MushuGrl
03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
The year I went, there was a whole family dressed like the Incredibles, a whole family dressed as the Indianapolis Colts football team, and...my favorite..a whole group dressed as characters from the Wizard of Oz, right down to a stuffed Toto.