PDA

View Full Version : Concierge at GF

Luv4WDW
03-11-2009, 10:48 PM
I stayed at the Grand Floridian (concierge) many times years ago, but I haven't in about 10 years. We'll be going for our honeymoon in June :mickey: I was wondering if the food offerings are the same since then or have they changed? I know way back then we were able to make our dinner out of what they offered. We also got chocolate covered strawberries on our last night. If anybody could tell me about their recent experiences with this that would be wonderful.

SBETigg
03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
I would choose a lagoon view over concierge at the GF. Having the balcony overlooking the lagoon makes it all seem so magical. I would also prefer booking a dining plan and doing some romantic meals in restaurants over making a meal of the concierge offerings. Consider adding the Deluxe Dining Plan and having meals at the Signature dining locations, like California Grill, Narcoossee's, etc, for about the same price as upgrading to club level.

I honeymooned at the GF, a lagoon view in Conch Key, and some of my fondest memories are of the time we spent alone on the balcony watching activity on the lagoon and at the MK. Plus, we did get chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne sent to us in our room from the hotel staff. It was wonderful. Happy planning and best wishes.

TammiMcMan
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
They still have a more plentiful selection than the other club levels and provided you had a large lunch or weren't feeling too hungry, it could still serve as a light dinner. The biggest difference is that the food tends to be served now in individual containers as opposed to the big serving platters that you helped yourself to. They've also added champagne to the late night cordials.

The chocolate covered strawberries are sometimes served on the dessert tray, but they go really quickly. You can order your own plate through private dining :thumbsup: .

iheartdisney
03-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I would choose a lagoon view over concierge at the GF. Having the balcony overlooking the lagoon makes it all seem so magical. I would also prefer booking a dining plan and doing some romantic meals in restaurants over making a meal of the concierge offerings. Consider adding the Deluxe Dining Plan and having meals at the Signature dining locations, like California Grill, Narcoossee's, etc, for about the same price as upgrading to club level.

I honeymooned at the GF, a lagoon view in Conch Key, and some of my fondest memories are of the time we spent alone on the balcony watching activity on the lagoon and at the MK. Plus, we did get chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne sent to us in our room from the hotel staff. It was wonderful. Happy planning and best wishes.

Thanks for your comments. I'm planning a mother/daughter trip and was thinking of concierge...but I like your comments about club level value vs. Lagoon view. I think we'll go with Lagoon view. Thanks!

SBETigg
03-13-2009, 02:17 PM
There's also the concierge in the Sugar Loaf building for consideration. I'm not sure what the views are like there.

TammiMcMan
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
There's also the concierge in the Sugar Loaf building for consideration. I'm not sure what the views are like there.views are either marina or garden. You can see the fireworks from a few of the marina rooms, but you definitely can't see the castle.

The GF has 3 view categories with their standard rooms. The lagoon view will have you facing the water, most likely from Big Pine Key and Boca Chica (looking towards the Polynesian). Nice view for watching the electric water parade from your balcony. The theme park view has most of their rooms in Sago Cay and Conch Key. Many, but not all look towards the castle. Some have a view of Space Mountain (looking towards the Contemporary). The garden view rooms face the pool area or the gardens.