PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Shades of Green

eam
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
We like to go exploring the different resorts during our visits, but have never gone over to Shades of Green. If you are staying on property can you go over and just walk around? I stayed there years ago, when it was the Disney Inn/Golf Resort, but have not been since. Is there still a restaurant there, where anyone can dine?
Thanking you in advance.

medic9016
03-11-2009, 07:04 PM
We have driven over there to get our APs. We stay at Fort Wilderness. The only place I have had to show my ID was for tickets and when we have stayed there. You will need to get a pass at the gate if you drive over. It is good for an hour or two, I can't remember. If you ride the monorail or bus to the Poly you can walk over and not have to stop at the gate. Here is the website to look at the restaurant. http://www.shadesofgreen.org/

buzznwoodysmom
03-11-2009, 07:16 PM
My husband is in the military and I know we have always been asked to show military ID at the gate. Once, about 8 years ago, when DH had briefly gotten out of the National Guard we wanted to check it out and were told that only Military and DoD were allowed. I don't know if that's changed or not, but that's what we were told. It was a long time ago so things may very well be different now. In my opinion, it isn't so spectacular that I'd want to go just to check it out. Its a nice resort, but nothing grand.

pcoleman
03-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Yes, if you are a military or dod member you are not allowed at the resort. They will check your military id at the gate. This is a military recreation center and not part of disney so it has different security.

Tigger's Mom
03-16-2009, 08:18 PM
The only time I've been asked to show any ID or paperwork was when our limo service brought us to the hotel. I've walked on property past the guard house with no problem, don't know if I was just lucky or what. I would think others may come to check the golf courses out too. You could always ask at the front desk of your hotel first.

Crow
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
if driving they will ask. I stayed there twice (friend was retired military)
walked over from the Poly area wo a problem.
they dont check the walkers.

mudpuppysmom
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
I'll further confirm that you need ID if you drive and go thru the gate. You need ID to buy tickets at the Ticket Sales office.

If you walk to the resort from the Poly and follow the path they do not check ID's (even though you walk right past the guard shack). You also do not need your ID if you want to eat there (at any of the restaurants).

Marilyn Michetti
03-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm not sure about that. SOG sits on three golf courses, and offers an amazing Italian restaurant. Anyone can play a round, or have dinner. The guard might ask what your intentions are, but I don't think you need an I.D. to drive up.

Could be wrong - I've never had a car. We just sleep there.:confused:

mudpuppysmom
03-19-2009, 04:16 PM
If you do not have "business" there I don't think they let you in though.....I say this because part of our family met us there one morning and they guard would not let them in without being on a "list", so at least there is a list that I can say exists.

I had to call the front desk who had to call the guard shack to give him to OK to let them in.

So even if you don't have a military ID they want to know what you are doing there if you are driving in, which I think is a good idea.

pcoleman
03-20-2009, 02:17 PM
Please keep in mind, this is a military recreation center not a resort like many people are used to. If you do not have business there you should not be there. As a military family, one of the perks of the center is the security.