PDA

View Full Version : Question about DDP and The Plaza at MK...

ldc12377
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
We are planning on eating at The Plaza Restaurant for the first time on our next trip. DH and I were looking at the menu and he got excited about getting soup with his sandwich. (He's a big soup and sandwich kind of guy...sandwiches alone don't excite him that much) Then we saw that it cost quite a bit more to add soup to your meal. We will be on the dining plan so will the plan pay for the soup or will that be something we will have to pay out of pocket for? Want to make sure we budget enough extra money for things like that so we don't run out of money and still have gas money to drive home....LOL....stuck at Disney with no way home....worse things could happen....

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm not sure but maybe you could replace your dessert on the plan with the soup? I know you used to be able to do an appetizer in some places instead of dessert as well but if I remember right they changed that.

medic9016
03-11-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm not sure but maybe you could replace your dessert on the plan with the soup? I know you used to be able to do an appetizer in some places instead of dessert as well but if I remember right they changed that.

That is not allowed on DDP. You will have to pay OOP for the soup. We ate there once, I would not use a DDP meal there. It is one of the few Disney restaurants we have been disappointed with.

BamaJenn
03-12-2009, 10:35 AM
I have heard great reviews of the Plaza (which lead me to make ADRs for this upcoming trip). I guess everything has it's ups and downs when it comes to individual opinions though.

tlhewitt52
03-13-2009, 05:57 PM
I have to agree with the above post, we heard many good things about it, where people ranted and raved about how good it was ate there on our last trip and was really disappointed with the meals. I don't think you get the most bang for your buck here and the food was just sub-par sorry to disappoint you!!

KatMark
03-13-2009, 07:40 PM
The Plaza is one of our favorites and we always have our last meal of the trip there. The sandwiches are huge and the shakes and the sundaes are heavenly. We have our last lunch here before heading to the airport.

You will have to pay for the soup as you cannot substitute an appetizer for a dessert.

People will tell you that the Plaza is too cheap to use a dining credit for. However, we don't look at the prices...we look at the food we like and enjoy. And we find the Plaza to be a nice break from all the heavy meals we've eaten the rest of the week.