PDA

View Full Version : How's my plan sound?

IloveJack
03-11-2009, 01:55 PM
I posted recently that we were going to take advantage of a pin code and do the free dining in Sept. Due to the same financial difficulties everyone else is having, we're going to shorten our trip to 3 days, and only 2 in the parks, meaning no DDP, unless they offer it for free this year. The catch is that we'll have a 12 month old with us, and I'd like to spend as little time as possible using transportation.

Here's my plan so far...

*I'll take an exta day off work to sleep in and pack the car, taking a nap when the baby sleeps again in the afternoon. When DH gets off work, he'll take a nap, too. Then we'll drive through the night to get to WDW (unless we end up going down a day earlier to spend some time with friends, which means we won't have to drive through the night... not terribly important to this post anyhow). Don't worry about us losing sleep. On our trip in 2007, we slept less than 5 hours a night, and went strong for 5 days straight. Our DD is already used to our "commando-style" lives, too. She just naps in her stroller.

Day 1
*Check in at ASMovies somewhere around 8am (depending on availability of ADR's)
*Breakfast at CRT or 1900 Park Fare at the earliest available seating (if 1900PF, use monorail to get to/from MK)
*Spend the day at MK
*Either lunch at Crystal Palace or dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern (see post in dining)
*Return to resort to change into costumes (if DH and I decide to dress up, if not, we can change DD in park)
*MNSSHP

Day 2
*Possible breakfast at Chef Mickey's (use monorail for transport)
*Get to MK early for 1st haircut
*Do anything missed yesterday
*Hop to EPCOT (use monorail for transport)
*Spend rest of day there (hoping to catch EMH)
*Dinner at The Rose and Crown

Day 3
*Swim
*Go to DTD
*Drive home

I figured that it's cheaper to get park hoppers for the second day than to spend a third day in the parks. Plus that way we won't have to drive home through the night, as we'll probably have DD's b-day party the next day. Also, we've already decided that we won't be using baby swap, as DH and I don't want to ride alone, so DHS and AK are out. (If we can't ride ToT, RnRC, and E:E, we'd rather not go to those parks).
IF (big if), they decide to offer free dining during our trip, we'll schedule the extra day (as it's only $50 more than adding the hopper option) and play it by ear with extra time in MK or AK.

BamaJenn
03-11-2009, 02:13 PM
Sounds like a great plan to me Susan! :thumbsup: Of course it may feel a bit rushed but as long as you soak in every minute of enjoyment you won't care. :D

McGoofy
03-11-2009, 02:30 PM
It sounds like a great plan. Our family often does the park commando style too. My 10 year old is used to it now and loves it. I hope on your Epcot evening you are planning to catch Illuminations. If you time R&C ADR just right, they will let you watch from a special reserved spot for dining guests. That was smart to purchase park hoppers rather than an extra full day ticket if you can squeeze in everything you want to do without that extra day. Have a good time and here's hoping for free dining!:mickey:

ibrowse17
03-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Sounds great! Plan some extra time for the haircut, as it gets crowded early. Have a wonderful time:thumbsup: