PDA

View Full Version : Redeeming points from Disney Visa card

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
I've been gathering points for a while now, and plan to use them to help pay for our next trip.

How long does it take once you request to redeem? Can we add more points to the existing card at the last minute?

Specifically, I'm thinking about the final payment for the trip, which you have to do about 45 days out. Will I be able to snag those points and add them to my card? Will there be enough time? It would be great to use the extra $$ for souvenirs and such. :mickey:

THANKS!!

VWL Mom
03-11-2009, 12:25 PM
You can add points to an existing card. I did it while we were there last year. My statement closed while we were in Disney and I called them and they moved the remaining points over.

Beast_fanatic
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
I've normally received my reward card within 2 weeks of ordering it, but I think they suggest you order it at least 4 weeks in advance. If you're going this year, it doesn't really matter when you order it as its expiration will be the end of 2010 regardless of when in 2009 that you get it. You'll have to request it with at least 20 reward points on it (that's what I usually do, that way if it were to get lost in the mail, I wouldn't be out much), and then you can transfer rewards to it at any time so long as you have at least 10 reward dollars to transfer. Once you have the card, transfers take place instantly (you can do it over the phone or through the web-site) and the reward dollars are available instantly.

FaithTrustPixieDust
03-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Perfect- I didn't know that adding points would be that quick and easy.

Now I just have to go check and see how many I've got!!

Thanks!

iheartdisney
03-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Compulsive planner that I am, we requested our card (for our May trip) last week. We received it in about 5 business days and were assured that any points we accumulate between now and our trip can be added by simply calling. (This is our first time cashing in, too!)

Hope this helps!

TinkerbellT421
03-11-2009, 02:25 PM
Compulsive planner that I am, we requested our card (for our May trip) last week. We received it in about 5 business days and were assured that any points we accumulate between now and our trip can be added by simply calling. (This is our first time cashing in, too!)

Hope this helps!

As long as you have a minimum of ten points to transfer....if you only have 9 or under you cannot transfer them to the card.

And the expiration of the card is the 31st of the month you ordered it in a year from now. Example if you order it in September 2009 it will expire 9/31/10...

Beast_fanatic
03-11-2009, 03:30 PM
And the expiration of the card is the 31st of the month you ordered it in a year from now. Example if you order it in September 2009 it will expire 9/31/10...

Did that change recently? Every card that I've ever gotten has expired at the end of the following year, not a year after I've gotten the card.

Hull-onian
03-12-2009, 09:50 AM
I still have a card from last trip. So we will transfer points in April. It only takes a couple of minutes. We do it on line. You'd be surprised at how fast the points add up, and how fast you use them. We usually put it towards dining. Gone in a flash :bolt:.